Goodbye, For Now...

Chapter 89

Goodbye, For Now

                      “Can you please pass the mac & cheese ma,” you asked reaching your hand out. “Yes baby, here you go,” she said with this big grin on her face. Everyone sat around the living and table just eating and talking. It was around 4 o’ clock in the evening. After graduation, you met up with your people to take pictures, then headed home for a small graduation party held at the crib. Everyone was so proud of you. When you stepped inside earlier, there were balloons and photos everywhere. Your parents went all out for their baby girl.  At first, it was a bit emotional. You got a bit sad thinking of all the memories you’d be leaving behind. The house you once lived in would now become a thing of the past. A lot of water works definitely came out today. Especially from your parents. They were extremely proud of you; happy from your accomplishment but saddened from the departure to come. The evening so far was great, well for the most part. Even though you had a room full of people who cared for you, none of that mattered right now because there was a missing piece to the puzzle---DANIEL! He couldn't make it to your graduation. It bothered you but you didn't want to show it. Well, you at least tried not to show it but you couldn't help it. Your mom, who was watching you, asked, "Are you alright baby?" You looked up quickly, "Oh, yes ma'am," you said faking a smile. "Alright now," *Doorbell rings* "You mind getting that baby?" "Not at all," you saying standing up. You sighed as you approached the door. *You peeped inside the peep hole thing* "Oh, great. More family," you said to yourself before opening the door. "HEEEEEEY GIRL, CONGRATULATIONS MAMA," your aunt Monica said squeezing you. "Haha, thanks Tee. Come on in, everyone’s in the front." "Okay baby, and this is for you! Where should I put this sweetie?" "Oh! Thank you so much," you said admiring how big the bag was, "There's a table in the front with the rest of my gifts. That'd be great." "Okay Sweetie," she said smiling and walking off. *Your mom* "HEEEEY MONICA, GIRL COME ON IN!!!!!" "UGH! Why must that woman be soooooo loud," you said making this stank face. You were irritated now, "She be doing the most," you said going up the stairs. It was your special day but who knew that one person could have such power of how you felt? Once you got upstairs, you shut the door and laid across the bed. Your room was filled with boxes and newspaper. It looked a HOT ass mess lol. *Your phone vibrates* Clutching your phone, you quickly look at the screen; you hoped that Daniel finally responded to your text. He can't be that busy, you sent the selfie you took of yourself HOURS ago!!! Phone Screen Reads: "Hey babe, you look so beautiful. Congrats on your big day! I'm sorry I couldn't make it, but don't worry know I got you ma! And you know that ;-)" After reading the text, you sighed and replied, "Whatever." You were mad, and there was no hesitation in showing it. *Knock on your door* "Yes?" "It's me baby." "Come in ma." She stepped inside and shut the door. After she finally made it through all the boxes on the floor, she finally sat next to you on the bed. "What's wrong?" "Nothing." "So you not gone tell me?" "I just don't want to talk about that right now ma." She sighed, "Hmmmm... Is it about Daniel not being here?" "Maybe..." "[Yn], you know how demanding his schedule is. Don't be so selfish." You? Selfish? It was graduation day, shit, you had a reason to be. "I guess," you said looking at your lit phone screen, he replied, "What's yo problem [yn]?" You sat the phone on the bed and laid back again. "You got a house full of people downstairs that are here for you, and you upstairs worrying about some got damn boy," she said getting up. "But ma!" "BUT MA MY ASS! CHECK YOUR FEELINGS AND COME YA ASS BACK DOWNSTAIRS W/ A NEW ATTITUDE! YOU UNDERSTAND ME?" "Yes ma'am." After she shut the door, you wiped the tear from your eye. Usually you wouldn't be so upset but you couldn't help it. It was like Daniel had this emotional leach around your neck like a dog. Damn. You picked up your phone screen and replied, "Sorry, I really wanted you here today." After you sent the text, you stood up and went to the bathroom to go make a pee pee real quick. As you washed your hands, you looked up and stared at yourself in the mirror. "Let's get this over with so I can move to New York City." Once you shut your bathroom door, you grabbed your vibrating cell off the bed. "Oh, it’s Chels," you hit the answer key, "Hello?" "Hey girl, you going to Roxanne’s thing tonight?" "Yeah," you said leaving your room and heading back downstairs, "Oh okay. Me and Darnell can pick you up. We leaving the house around 8? Yeah 8 ish. Sound okay?" I gotta give it to Chelsea, she's been making a serious effort to be your friend again. Not a bad job at all... "Yeah, sounds good girl. Hope we have fun." "You already know. Well, Im gna go scoop up snacks from the store for later on. See you in a bit." "Alright girl," you said hanging up the phone. By the time the conversation was over, you were already on the bottom step. You checked to see if Daniel replied; he didn't. "Hey pretty lady," you heard someone say. You looked up, it was your dad. "Haha, hey Pa. What’s up?" He smiled, "Mmm mmm, you tell me," he said before sipping from his cup. He was probably a bit tipsy lol. "Come on in the front sweetie, gotta let you open up a few gifts." "Okay Daddy," you said laughing. "THERE SHE IS," you heard someone yell. Everyone: "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!" You blushed and continued walking into the living room. "Have a seat right here baby," your mom said pointing to the recliner. She walked over to you and handed you a gift bag. Everyone in the room was staring at you; all eyes on you. It was kinda uncomfortable. "Thanks Ma," you said smiling. You examined the bag thoroughly before peeping inside. "OPEN THE GOT DAMN BAG ALREADY!" You looked up and yelled back, "Who said th.... UGH SHUT UP UNCLE TERRANCE!" Everyone laughed. You took your focus off of him and looked back down into the bag. "Oh my gosh," you said pulling your gift out, "Ma, Da, this is perfect," you said smiling really hard. It almost hurt. It was a beautiful picture. The picture was taken over ten years ago when the three of you first moved into this house. The sun was shining in the photo. You stood in the middle of you parents. Looking at the picture brought nostalgia. "Thank you. *Sniff Sniff* I really love this!" Both of your parents stood by you. "Yeah, you can take that with you when you move to New York," your dad said smiling, "Put it somewhere in the condo." You looked up from staring at the photo, "Ya-Yeah. I can," you said wiping your eyes. His eyes were a bit watery as well. You looked at your mom’s face, she was crying too! "I love y'all," you said standing up to hug them. Everyone starting aw-ing, few others were a bit teary eyed. Your dad pulled away and looked at you, "You'll always be my baby girl," he said rubbing your cheek. "OUR baby girl," your mom joined in. The three of you stood there formed a small circle from your group hug. After you stopped hugging, your aunt Monica stood up, "OKAY NOW I DON'T KNOW IF MY GIFT WILL TOP THAT BUT I SURE CAN TRY," she said out loud. Everyone laughed. You spent the next hour and a half opening gifts and enjoying your family. You needed to because, well, this was it.

                  "Hey, you ready?" "Yeah, let me just grab my bag," you told Chelsea. "Kay, we outside." It was around 8:30. The house was cleared, shoot your family had been over since this morning. You came downstairs and saw your parents on the couch, they seemed to be talking. "Y'all look so cute cuddled up and stuff," you said slipping on your sandals. "Not as cute as you. Have fun baby," your mom said smiling. "I will try. I shouldn't be too long. I'm so dang tired." "Yeah, it has been a long day for you, well shit all of us," your dad said laughing. "Haha, yeah. Well I'll see y'all later." "Alright [yn]." You shut the door and headed towards Chelsea’s car. "Hey y'all, what’s up," you said getting in the back seat and shutting the door. Chelsea and Darnell both turned around and looked at you, "Hey girl," Chelsea said smiling, "You look cute." "Hey [yn]," Darnell said smiling at you. His eyes, oh my gosh. You almost blushed, "Thanks." Chelsea turned around and started driving, but Nell stared at you, "It was good seeing you earlier at graduation." "Thank you, it was a pleasure seeing you too." Darnell came with Chelsea's family to the ceremony earlier. Somehow, your families managed to sit by each other. That’s why you recognized him before you walked across the stage. "When's your graduation," you asked him. "Oh, it's next weekend. You gone come through?" "I would love to but Saturday is my move out date. I don't know if I'll be able to make it," you said feeling bad. "Oh,'' he said nodding his head. He turned around and faced the front. "Where you going [yn]?" "New York." "Oh my gee, Oh yeah! I forgot that. Your parents agreed?" The last of what they heard was when your parents yelled at you on Sunday when Perry & Dan mentioned it to them. "Wow, they letting you leave," Nell said turning to you, "Yeah. They finally agreed." "Are you excited," Chelsea asked. "Girl yaaaaas," you yelled. You both laughed. After you laughed, you sat back and noticed Darnell’s face in the rearview mirror from the backseat. He didn't look too happy. It made you feel a bit bad. "Yeah, but I'll try and make it to your graduation Darnell. It's the least I can do. I mean you were there for me." "It's okay [yn]. Its cool." You could tell by his voice that he was upset, but why did you care!!!! Hmmmmm... ;) After that, the car ride was just you and Chelsea talking about whatever. Darnell was quiet. In fact, the whole time during the night at Roxanne’s, he was quiet. It was cool hanging with everyone for the last time from school one last time. The vibe was great. Things were great except for one small issue, Nell. He didn't say much to you. He'd make conversation but it seemed forced. Why did it bother you though?

(Sorry y'all, didn't feel like typing the BBQ scene, too much lol. But just know that you had a good time. Tha HOE WAH LIVE!)

End of Chapter 89.