52| What's the problem?

I think being on hold should mean slower updates

But I've had this rant boiling in me, and I'm about to explode, so here it is.

::

One thing that's been getting on my nerves a lot is when people think it's bad to write a cliché story.

I can say that about 90% of Wattpad writing guides and rant books have deemed writing clichés a SIN, like the such stories should be SHUNNED from the community.

And I can tell you is that 90% of you think it's a bad thing, too.

Have you ever questioned why, though?

Personally, here's my view:

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH WRITING A CLICHÉ STORY.

Calm down.

.Hear me out here.

There are 7 billion people on this planet. A certain million live in the same country as you do, a certain thousand in your city, a certain hundred in your school, etc. We're all humans, mainly because science has told us that we have a lot in common: a face, a belly button, and so on.

We also have common emotions and experiences. We fall in love or get pissed off. We have to go to school, we end up making friends.

So first of all, all our lives are clichés, if you want to put it that way. The cycle goes: you're born, you go through school, you'll graduate and possibly go to college, get a job, get married, die.

(Before you talk about underprivileged children in Africa (lawd) or something, this little speech is targeting the wattpad community, which means that if you've access to this website you certainly have gone to school and so on).

The fact that our lives are already similar in that way paves way for many more similarities: you'll have crushes on people in school, you'll go to summer camp, you'll fall in love with a mysterious vampire.

Already, we live similar lives - and this is what our stories are inspired by.

With the millions of readers on wattpad, there's a massive chance that many of us have gone through the same situation, if you weigh out all the possible possibilities. Some situations more than others, of course.

OKAY FORMAL TALK IS UP, WHAT I'M SAYING IS THAT THERE'S ONLY AS MANY POSSIBILITIES THAT CAN POSSIBLY HAPPEN THAT ONE CAN WRITE ABOUT, Kay?

I don't understand that either.

::

I get that you're tired of reading the same plot over and over, but they're all so very different in their own way. The characters may all have the same social standing or whatever. But they'll have qualities that make them different.

When it comes to love, more often than not, it will turn out cliché.

Whether it's best friend or bad boy or player or jock or whomever, it's going to be cliché. Even in your lives okay bitch even in your life some cliché love story has happened to you

(mine would be the bad boy one, *rolls eyes*)

And tell me, aren't these 'cliché' stories the ones with so many reads? It's because, let's admit it, WE FUCKING LOVE CLICHÉ STORIES.

They give us a sense of security, because knowing that the characters will fall in love (for example) despite their differences (social status etc) is such a good feeling in the end. I see a lot of myself in these cliché stories. It's nice seeing the journey they make from being sworn enemies (who are attracted to each other) to lovers and best friends (who are attracted to each other).

And bitch please, you'd be pissed of it if they kept on hating each other in the end. Like progress, characters. Don't you know it?

I know I make a lot of fun of cliché stories, because they're so overused it's annoying, but GAAH don't let anyone bring you down. Write as many cliché stories as you want, because it may just be YOUR story.

Forgive my hypocrisy.

The good ones are real good to read. Clichés, I mean.

And at any one point, even if you find a book that isn't cliché in the plot, the part where the characters fall in love will end up so cliché, no?

Things are cliché because all our lives are just that: cliché. Tell me if this sounds a little like you:

Teenage girl. Listens to music. Obsessed with hot actors. Takes pointless selfies. Always on wattpad.

Well, that's me too. Cliché much then? Yea. Problem? Not at all.

Our lives are overused plots in themselves. You're an overused plot of your parents, who are an overused plot of their parents...and it goes on. Of course, there are differences. But life itself lacks originality, because we're all here. Alive. I don't know what I'm saying. Ignore this. Lol.

::

You may not have gone through the same thing as the person next to you, but there's a possibility that 50+ other people around the world have gone through the same thing as that person next to you.

#geniusinspiration

My point is, there's nothing wrong with clichés okay.

Bitches be writing love stories because we all dream of love okay, so let us dream

pls

and if and hate clichés then find something else

But lol this is wattpad we're talking about, original stories are either remotely hidden, badly written (that rhymes!), or we just don't have original people

Like personally I believe that there's always that one innovator who sees a concept that we don't see. Then when they introduce it, the whole world will copy that shit and linger on it until some other person comes up with something else

Case in point: Steve Jobs invented the touch screen shit, iPads and iPods and iPhones, and as a result galaxies and Lumias popped up.
Stephenie Meyer made Twilight, and thus TVD and all that stuff was born k

no comment on that -_-

But yea. Until the 'next big thing' arrives, we can go on living the same idea; writing the same idea; fixing the same idea; twisting it; improving it, and mending it. Because even though it's the same idea, it can come out just as great each time.

(Just add original elements for variety pls)

::

I'm too hyper to be on hold.

'twas a good two-day break. Updates may or may not be slow, depending on how badly I'm annoyed, but -

Baby, I'm back.