38| So You're Famous Now, Huh

One thing that I keep seeing more on wattpad is how the 'successful' writers get so freaking big headed after their new found 'fame'

Like bitches be doing interviews and shit - wtf? Are you a celebrity now?

-_-

And, with this bigheadedness and overconfidence, is that there'll be a point where they cross the line and become arrogant as fuck.

I especially hate it when they're like:
"Guys, don't advertise your book on mine. It's so rude!"

Okay so I'm not saying that it's right either to advertise on someone else's book, but I feel like when they make statements like that...they forget that they too started somewhere.

They forget that they were also new, desperate writers, seeking for at least one person to give then a word of praise...or just one vote...or even just a read. They were once tiny, insignificant people with a dream.

Yet here they are now, possibly some months later, shutting down people who are EXACTLY as they were.

I'm not saying that they used to advertise themselves on other people's books

If anything that's annoying as fuck lol

(But sometimes I think everyone's just saying that it's rude because, well, everyone's saying that it is.)

Like there's no problem expressing or telling your followers to stop a certain thing that you as the author dislike

But it's like cool I can see your big head from over here

So big

So, so big

Like pls u have 100000000 reads already, does a small comment politely asking u to check out their book (it's only 10 reads, aw) tarn your rep? Is the person being rude? I don't understand how it comes across as rude - you think they are saying their book is better than yours?

Pls bitch. Do the maths k it's not a crime

Listen; it is kind of rude when the ratio of the number of reads of writer : number of reads of advertiser is like 50 : 173 because at that point it does seem like they're showing off their book

But pls when it's 1million : 5

it's never that serious

What I'm trying to say? Be a more understanding writer k

We can find a pin to pop that big head.

Look

I'm not advocating for people to advertise themselves in other peoples comment sections, please don't on mine (lol).*

*I am such a hypocrite**

**BUT I WOULD CHECK IT OUT IF YOU MESSAGED ME, OKAY.

What I just mean is that

Don't let your big head get to you okay

THE EXAMPLE OF THE READS KINDA SUCKED BUT YOU GET MY POINT RIGHT

right

Or like how they don't reply to 'fan mail' anymore? What? Are these not the same fans who got you where you are?

:(

There's nothing wrong with putting yourself out there - we all want to get noticed...So it annoys me no end when I just see how these 'famous' authors let all the comments and reads on their books get to them, and gone is the humble person who would get excited at only 2 fans.

And now, the bigger they get, the lower their quality gets.

It's a bit like musicians today. They start all innocent then end up being fuckheads and shit

Like Miley Cyrus (no hate!) used to sing about climbing mountains then now it's about popping molly (ecstasy guys. You thought she said Miley? Lol).

And Justin Bieber used to sing about -- never mind.

But then it will be that they will have already gotten billions of fans who are oblivious to their flaws

so their fans still stick up for them

Case in point:

JB smokes - "it's his life!"
JB drag races - "he was just having fun!"
JB DUI - "he's a teenager okay!"
JB being racist -"he was young, we all say stupid things!"

LIKE GAAAHH WHY ARE YOU SO BLIND

Back to wattpad- well of course, it's great knowing that you'll have fans who have your back, but there should also be a point where they can say "hey, you're kind of out of line here."

So like guys if I ever say stupid things you can tell me that, yea?

Just in a really nice and sugar-coated personal message hahahah

But God forbid that I ever become arrogant.

So like sometimes I don't reply to your comments or messages but you must know that I really, really appreciate you guys so. fucking. much.

K

Emotional rant this was

::

Was just watching All Screwed Up and I'm laughing like a fool

It's about a nerd girl and a popular jock who end up switching bodies lol

don't judge meh :/

::