5| Everyone knew...except me?!

Everyone knew...except me?

::

So I was saving my rants about story plots until much later, but you know what? Here's a little treat for you.

On wattpad, the main genre I read is romance. What? Don't judge me. I'm a teenage girl. What can I say? I love love! I love reading sappy, cute stories on people falling in love. I smile like crazy simply reading about two people - sometimes polar opposites - who share so much in moments of laughter or tears or just silence.

Oh gosh. I can be deep (or just plain cheesy).

Because I read many of these, there's usually an annoying common denominator in all of them:

Everyone knows that she's in love with him except her.

True story. When it's from the girl's perspective, be it her interactions with the 'bad boy' (there's definitely a rant for that another time) or the 'geek/nerd/onlypersonwhocanhelpmewithmyschoolwork' kind of guy, the female protagonist is the last person to realise that she's got feelings for them. I find that so fucking stupid - I usually know when I have feelings for someone?! Don't you?

(Please comment if you don't know. It would help.)

Even the girl's parents and the boy's parents know that they'll end up together. What?

Usually it starts with the girl hating the boy and being mean to him or something but at the same time she describes having 'butterflies' in her tummy when she sees him.

Which stupid girl doesn't know that she's attracted to someone when she sees them?

Lol, apparently not all of them.

He stared into my eyes intently. I shot daggers at him because he was a conniving stupid asshole and my stomach flipped but because I had a boyfriend it was my anger I was feeling. I watched him walk away, and my heart beat fast. I'd never felt something like this before...

It's love idiot.

It was like a funny twist in my stomach and I felt...

It's fucking love you stupid girl!

...I felt happy. Like I was swimming in a pond full of hearts and kisses.

IT'S FUCKING LOVE YOU BLITHERINGFUCKINGSHAMEFULIDIOTICWOMAN!

Those are my thoughts when I read stories like that. If it's not a story where the boy starts out as the girl's tutor, she's the smart one. She's the innocent girl who swoons over hot guys and when one actually comes into her life, her whole brain just leaves her (except when she needs to insult him, which is all the time)...so she'll never know that she's in love with him.

Even after he kisses her. For goodness sake. She'll be all dramatic and be like "he kissed me I'm so confused..."

You're confused? Is your brain in someone else's hand, because it's definitely not in your head. Ahshejfkcocoejbcnwo you make me want to scream at your stupidity and naïveness.

And you know what? She's always got a best friend who just KNOWS that she likes him. How convenient, right?

Girl: I think I like *insert mainstream stereotypical name of boy*

Girl's BFF: I know.

Girl: You know?

Girl's BFF: I've always known.

You stupid best friend. You didn't think to tell her who she likes? SHE DOESN'T KNOW THAT SHE LIKES HIM SO JUST TELL HERRRRR.

In real life, we probably have a best friend who would actually know when we like someone. But, we know it first. Right?

And the other person who knows is their parents (and don't I have a rant for that! Coming soon;))

There's always a line or two at the end like either:

My parents knew that we'd end up together, so they weren't surprised when I told them about our relationship.

OR

My parents had always wanted us to get married! No wonder they set us up and I didn't notice.

Like really? Even your old-fashioned and non-existent folks know that you freaking like the guy.

Do you need a whole choir to preach it to you?

Maybe 1D can sing you a song. Maybe that way, you'll fucking realize that you like the guy?

GET REAL, PEOPLE. We're always the first to know that we are attracted to someone, not the fucking last.

Argh.

::