27| ...

...

::

Does the title of this chapter annoy you as much as it's annoying me?

That's the point.

*evil grin*

*takes back evil grin because it's annoying me too*

We can suffer together okay

::

Today's rant will actually be about

...

That^.

Jeez

If you want to get technical, they're ellipses.

I used to call them dot dot dot until I was thirteen...then from them on I called them the three dots.

(They were called Athos, Aramis and Porthos).

Jokes, but only avid readers will get that^. (Comment if you do?)

Anyway, they're called ellipses.

That's such a weird word if you think about it. Like who named these punctuation marks? I mean I completely get the common ones, the fullstop (because the sentence comes to a full stop, lol.), the comma (like the sentence is at a pause, like half asleep, but not dead yet. They're spelt differently, coma and comma, so my point is probably irrelevant lol) and the exclamation point(!) because well, you're exclaiming a point?

Pshh, whatever. I have a weird thought process.

But who named the colons, I thought those were intestines

And why is this * an asterisk, not a star?

Lol I've got to say the funniest are brackets ()[]{}, okay, why are they called brackets, that's a funny word lol

Brackets, brackets, brackets, brackets.

I'm getting carried away.

So today's rant is basically about these authors who use ellipses in literally every sentence. It's so pissing off.

Thing is, when I read, I actually follow the punctuation marks. I cannot ignore a comma, I cannot ignore brackets (hehe). And I certainly won't ignore those darn ellipses, so if it's in every sentence my inside voice is just trailing off every three seconds

It's so annoying

Here's a lovely example (no 1D or JB, I promise. Just good old Susan and Quentin! Throwback to Rant #2 I think).

::

So it's Quentin speaking over here...I look at Susan standing over there...her golden hair cascades down her back...she looks like Mila Kunis...so sexy...I love her so much...although I am so scared of talking to her...what if she hates me...I see her lookin in my direction...her blonde hair swishes when she turns...I feel an erection coming on...when will I tell her that I'm...I'm...I'm a vampire....

Guys CLIFFHANGERRRR!

::

How irritating was that to read, honestly?

It's like DO YOU NEED A PUNCTUATION DICTIONARY

I WILL MAKE YOU ONE IF THEY DON'T EXIST

OR MAYBE YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO PRESCHOOL OR YEAR 1 OR WHATEVER YEAR (or grade for y'all Anericans) YOU LEARN PUNCTUATION?

BECAUSE THERE ARE DIFFERENT TYPES, BITCH

USE THEM

...

Another thing is when authors use them at the end of a chapter because they think it helps add to the whole 'mysterious cliffhanger' atmosphere.

Don't put ellipses to show a cliffhanger pls

Pls stahp

It makes it so obvious, if you know what I mean?

A mini-example:

I entered the room and there she was...my mother, with him...

vs

I entered the room and there she was. My Mother, with him.

I don't know about you, but I found the second one more powerful and gobsmacking (I don't really know what that means). But I hope you're getting my point here, lol

I'm not saying you shouldn't use ellipses, because sometimes they're necessary, but don't overdo it.

::

But that's not even bad. My greatest pet peeve concerning ellipses is when the author doesn't use them in groups of three

I don't know why I'm so OCD about it, but I hate it.

Like 6 or 9 is too many, but when the fuckhead uses four or five....(Intentional) (Mega cringe)

I hate it.

And here I am, using it for your amusement. Tsk, tsk.

I'm so bored today I'll probably update in the next few hours lol

no social life = the best wattpad life

Oh and I've been trying to reply to your comments but the fucking invalid parameter shit is appearing every time.

But all the same vote, comment, stay lovely...

;)