Chapter 76: Mistake

Chapter 76: Mistake

Tuesday; December 5, 2017

Roxanne

I groan as I have a massive headache. I rub my forehead and sit up and realize I'm completely naked.

I pull the covers over my chest and look around as I'm all alone in some room.

"Wh-where am I?" I ask particularly to no one.

"In my room."

I jump back as I see Josh walking in giving me a shy smile.

"Good morning, you don't remember much do you?"

I shake my head and he smiles placing a tray next to me.

I take the pills that he hands me and drink the water.

"You have to eat something," he tells me as I just stare at the toast along with eggs and bacon.

"I'm not hungry."

"Roxy..," he walks closer and raises his eyebrows motioning me to eat the breakfast. I take a bite of the toast glaring playfully at him. He chuckles smiling and sits next to me. "Do you regret last night?"

       I sigh looking down and he sets the tray aside

"I am really sorry Josh, I used you to forget and that's not right."

"I understand. Don't worry, hey I'm here for whatever," he chuckles. I snuggle to him hugging him. He kisses the top of my head as he wraps his arms around me. "I shouldn't have taken advantage of you like that."

"You didn't. This is something of two, I'm sorry," I look up at him as he strokes my cheek.

"Stop apologizing. How about you get ready and I take you home?"

"Shit Josh, I forgot about finals!" I groan running my fingers through my hair.

"Don't worry finals are tomorrow and Thursday."

"I have to study and I'm a mess."

"I'll let you change, if you need help to study you know where to find me," he winks and walks out. I smile a bit as I grab my clothes and get ready.

**

As Josh arrives to my home, I kiss his cheek and get out of the car. He's been so sweet to me. I don't deserve a friend like him.

I walk inside and jump back as I hear my mother's yelling.

She rushes downstairs and before I can react, I feel a sting on my cheek. I gasp as I glare at her.

"Where have you been huh?!! You have no right to be leaving the house like that!! And who knows with whom!"

"I was with Josh okay?! I didn't want to be here."

"Candice calm down," Harry walks over holding her back. "She's just going through a hard time."

"A little break-up?! Grow up! If you can't handle one break-up, who knows how you would handle a divorce, that's if you ever get married."

"Thanks mom. Umm and what about you? How would you handle if your wedding got canceled?" I glare at her and Harry's face goes pale.

"Excuse me?"

I shrug crossing my arms.

"Leave me alone," I rush upstairs as I take a quick shower and grab my things making my way back down and out the door.

"Where are you going?!!" I hear my mother yell.

"School duh!!" I roll my eyes running to catch the bus.

It was hard to concentrate in class, as I saw Josh I couldn't stop thinking if what we did was a mistake.