Chapter 53: You

Chapter 53: You

2 weeks later...

Sunday; October 1, 2017

Candice

These last few weeks have been wonderful, Harry and I have gotten closer than ever as for Roxanne... she's not as she used to be. I'm glad I realized she needed me. We are closer too, I know I put work first in everything and that was a mistake.

Roxanne is my priority. Her happiness is what matters.

At least she's not hating on Harry anymore. He's the one guy that hasn't given up on me either. I lasted longer with him, I think I will do everything to not let him go.

It's time to settle down.

No more games.

I walk around the grocery store with Roxanne as we gather the weekly groceries. Also, we are getting some stuff for her birthday party for next week.

"I'm surprised you actually wanted to throw me a party," she says.

"Oh come on sweetheart," I chuckle. "Why wouldn't I? You're growing up so fast."

"Mommm," she chuckles shaking her head.

"You haven't told me what you wanted as your present."

"Umm I haven't thought of one to be honest," she replies as we walk to the checkout. She helps me putting the things over as the cashier scans them. Roxanne walks over putting the bags on the cart as I pay up sliding my credit card.

After receiving the receipt, I follow her outside.
"You know... I think I'm ready to take the next step with Harry," I tell her and she stops as she glances at me.

"Eww, don't even say it," she shakes her head and continues walking.

"Roxy..," I laugh as she is ahead of me. I start walking bump with someone.

"Oh sorry love."

I look over my eyes widening as I stare at those mesmerizing blue eyes I haven't seen in years.

"Candice," he gasps out.

"You," I sigh.

"It's been so long," he smiles. "I been trying to find you but it was impossible."

"I-I have to go," I turn around but he grabs my arm stopping me.

"I'm sorry. I know it's like almost twenty years late but I'm truly sorry for being such a coward. For not being there for you and our child."

"Louis," I sigh releasing my grip. "It's too late for apologies. I have to go."

I start walking away but Roxanne walks over confused.

"Mom wh-what," she looks over and smiles. "Hey Louis."

"Mom?" He looks at me and I look down.

"How do you know him?" I ask Roxanne and she chuckles.

"He works for Harry, he's a friend of his and Liam's."

"You're Candice's daughter... wait Candice you're with Harry?"

I look at him as he looks at me waiting for my answer.

After all these years, we have to bump with each other. I was afraid of this, of Roxanne finding out who her father is.

Worst scenario; she already knows him.