Chapter 41: I'm Fine

Wednesday; September 6, 2017

Roxanne

The next day I got the courage to go back to school. I need to stop missing or I'll get dropped. My mom drops me off and I been very quiet and she respected my silence.

I get off and walk into the building. I take slow steps as I reach my floor and notice Brianna there as she looks up and rushes to my side.

"Heyyy I didn't see you yesterday, did you come?"

"No."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I sigh and look at her.

"It's cause of Zayn right?"

"Great, of course he told you."
"I'm sorry, but you'll find someone else. There's tons of guys that are willing to date you."

"No one likes me Brianna," I chuckle. "Besides, I rather just stay single for a while."

"Why? Being single is just simple and boring."
"You're single," I raise my eyebrows and her face heats up. "Or... wait are you seeing someone?" I smirk crossing my arms against my chest.

"I'm not," she laughs.

"Brianna who is he? Come on I want to know," I giggle. "Who finally was able to win that little heart of yours."

"There's no one," she laughs shaking her head. "Now let's head to class," she grabs my hand avoiding the subject as we walk into class.

**

I smile walking out with her as class finishes.

"Brianna, tell me who's the lucky guy please."

"There's no guy Roxanne. If there was, he wouldn't be my boyfriend. I just like to have fun. I don't like boyfriends because they become too suffocating. I just like the sex."

"Wow," I chuckle walking with her. "I'll see you later," I give her a hug and head to my next class.

I smile sitting next to Josh as he smiles looking my way.

"Hey girly. You need to stop missing class."

"I know," I smile and sigh. "I just been going through a lot."

"You want to talk about it?"

I shake my head and he smiles as our instructor walks in and start the lesson.

**

We walk out together and Brianna catches up to me and glares at Josh.

"Come on girl I'll give you a ride home," she smiles grabbing my arm and I wave to Josh.

I follow her to her car getting in and buckling up. She starts it up and drives off the parking lot.

"Roxanne relax. I should find you someone you can mess around with to forget that idiot."

"No it's okay. I'm fine Bri. I don't need a man," I chuckle. Though I already have Harry.

"We should go see some strippers!!" She squeals and I glare at her. "Men strippers gee woman."

"I don't need to go see guys dancing around naked okay?" I chuckle. "I'll be fine I promise."

"Hmm sure. Whatever you say," she hums and parks. "See you later Roxy."

"Bye Bri thanks," I smile getting off and walk to my front door. I open the door and am greeted with the smell of bread. I furrow my eyebrows walking further.

I hear laughing and I can't help but feel a slight pain in my chest. Harry and my mom are laughing throwing flour at the other. Both are wearing aprons.

"The bread is going to burn Harry!" She laughs as he grabs her tickling her.

I sigh and head upstairs as I close the door behind me. I stay still for a moment trying to process everything in.

Tears roll down my cheeks.

What is wrong with me?

Am I actually crying for Harry?