Chapter 69: Disappointed

Harry

I can't believe Roxanne said all that, and on her own mother's birthday. I hug Candice rubbing her back assuring her it will be okay.

I wipe away her tears stroking her cheek.

"I'll be right back, I'll talk some sense into her. Enjoy your dinner love please don't be sad."

"Okay Harry thank you."

I kiss her forehead and excuse myself as I rush outside catching up to Roxanne and her friend.

Her attitude is pissing me off. I'm more disappointed in her though.

"Like I said... it is none of your business."

"You're coming with me whether you like it or not."

"Bite me."

I roll my eyes tired of her childlike attitude. I go to her and pick her up as she starts screaming kicking her feet.

"Put me down!!"

"No. I suggest you follow me," I tell her friend and she nods as she has no idea of what's going on.

I put Roxanne in the back as I help her friend too. I go to the driver's side and start the car driving off.

"Where do you live Brianna?"

"Uhhh a house?"

Roxanne burst out laughing and she glares my way.

"Fine, you'll stay with Roxanne. But Roxanne we need to have a serious talk."

"You're not my father."

"I'm not, but I am going to be your step father so you have to respect me."

"Fuck you."

I roll my eyes as the rest of the car ride was silent. I park and get out helping her friend and grab Roxanne's arm as she tries to snatch it away.

"I can walk!!"

I let go of her arm and help her friend as we walk into the house.

"Stay here," I look at Roxanne.

"Woof!"

"I swear..," I sigh and help her friend up the stairs into her room.

"You know I like you," she tells me.

"Thanks... get some sleep."

"You're not going to stay with me," she bats her eyelashes.

"Not in a million years," I get out shutting the door and head downstairs. I groan as Roxanne has the music all loud as she's dancing on top of the coffee table. "You're going to break that table."

She sticks her tongue out at me and continues dancing.

I huff and go and turn off the stereo.

"What the hell man?!"

"Get down this instant."

"No!!"

I clench my jaw and go and grab her as she starts screaming hitting me. I set her down still holding to her as I look down.

Staring into those blue eyes mesmerize me completely.

"You're grabbing my ass," she smirks and my eyes widen quickly letting her go.

"Uh sorry. You need to start behaving Roxanne."

"I don't want to."

"What's the matter with you? Getting drunk, going to your mom's dinner and ruining it? Are you happy with what you done?"

"A little," she smirks.

"I never thought you would go this far. Your mom doesn't deserve that."

"Neither do I. You're going to marry her, how am I supposed to feel?"

"I'm not asking you to accept this, I'm just asking you to support it."
"I rather disappear than to witness this nonsense."

"Stop fucking being selfish!! You're nothing to me Roxanne. You were just my entertainment all along! Get it through your head!! I love your mom."

"It's not my fault that I have fallen in love with you," she stares at me with tears coming out of her eyes. My heart stings with her words. This is all my fault. How could I let things go this far.

"I'm sorry."

"Me too," she nods and rushes to the stairs stumbling. I rush over holding to her.

"Are you okay?"
"I uh," she covers her mouth and rushes up the stairs. I follow her as she goes into the bathroom throwing up on to the toilet.

I kneel by her holding her hair back as she is breathing hard and vomits a bit more. I grab a towel and wet it as I hand to her as she takes it wiping her face gently.

"I'll make you some tea," I tell her and she nods.

I go to the kitchen making the tea and grab some cookies putting them in a bowl. I pour the tea onto cups and put them on a tray along with the cookies. I walk upstairs into Roxanne's room as she sits on the bed looking down.

Her friend has already fallen asleep. I set the tray on her dresser and help her up.

"How you feeling?" I stare into her eyes and feel her cheeks.

"Uh sick," she chuckles. "I don't think I want to drink ever again."

"That happens," I smile at her and look into her drawers. "Let me help you."

"Uh no Harry—"

"Come on," I smile at her handing her pajama shorts. She takes them and takes off the heels as she slips onto the shorts. She looks down and I help her with her dress. "Don't be shy love."

"It's not that," she chuckles.

I chuckle smiling at her and help her slip the dress above her head.

Even though she wasn't wearing a bra, nothing came to my mind at that moment. She was vulnerable and I didn't have the thought of doing anything to her.

I helped her put the shirt on and just like that, our night ended with me joining her for a cup of tea and some cookies.