Chapter 10: Moving Day

Thursday; August 17, 2017

Harry

Last night I met with Candice as she was upset with Roxanne. She couldn't accept the fact that I'll be moving in. I comforted Candice and she gave me an extra key. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to actually go move in if Roxanne isn't happy about it.

Candice insisted and I'm doing it for her. This morning she texted me that she already dropped off Roxanne at school.

I called Liam if he could take the day off helping me. I packed up the most needed stuff as the doorbell then rings.

I walk over opening it as Liam grins.

"Ooooh big moment, moving in with the girlfriend," he laughs and I chuckle letting him in.

"You think we can put all these boxes in your truck?" I ask as I pick up some boxes.

"Sure thing mate," he smiles pulling out his keys as he opens the door for me to walk out.

**

Liam has helped me carry all of my stuff inside Candice's home. We took a small break as we ordered some pizza.

"Are you sure you want this?" He looks at me as he drinks his coke.

"Yeah, why wait? This way I'm closer to her."

"What about her daughter?"

"She's going to just have to deal with it. Candice is a grown woman. Roxanne should grow up more and deal with it."

"Dang boy, did she already take your patience away?" He chuckles.

"I tried to be nice to her, but whatever. She is a brat," I roll my eyes. I didn't want to tell Liam what I really thought of her. I'm quite embarrassed. I decided to put boundaries and forget those awful sinful dirty thoughts.

"Well I should go, I'll give you info on what else happens at the office," he smiles and I nod as he makes his way out.

I continue to move everything up to Candice's room. I hear the door as I make my way downstairs and slowly my gaze lands on Roxanne.

I try my best not to check her out, she actually looks cute. Damn Harry stop it.

"You went shopping?" I notice the bags she's holding and she glares at me.

"That's none of your business," she snaps and I sigh.

"Look, I just want us to get along alright?"

"I don't care, you're no one," she walks past me up the stairs as I just let her go.

I finish putting away all my stuff then go to the kitchen. I start cooking the chicken and cutting off vegetables as you can hear the hot oil drizzling. I flip over the chicken pieces so they would cook from the other side.

"You cook?"

I look over as Roxanne stands by the wall.

"Uh yeah, it will almost be done," I smile awkwardly as she nods and walks closer sitting on the stool. Her blue eyes look up at me. I look down as I continue to cut vegetables then put them into the frying pan with the chicken.

"So for how long are you going to be living with us?"

"Hmm I don't know, that depends on your mother."

My back is towards her as I continue to cook. It's a first that she's talking to me in a normal way.

"So you and mom serious?"

"You can say that," I bite my lip and turn off the stove. I go over the fridge taking out some lemons and I grab a jar pouring water to it from the gallon as I then cut the lemons squirting them into the water.

Roxanne watches me as I then pour the sugar and mix it with a wooden spoon.

"Want to try it?" I look at her and she shrugs. I pour some into a glass and hand it to her. She lifts the glass over to her lips taking a sip. She bites her bottom lip then licks the top one.

"It's sweet. So you cook and make lemonade," she chuckles and I smile.

"I'm quite the chef," I grin at her as she smiles a bit. "So sweet good? Or do I need to remake it to make it sour?"

"That's fine, I like sweet," she smiles drinking more.

"Good."

"I'm home!" Candice smiles walking into the kitchen. "What smells so good?"

I smile pecking her lips.

"I made dinner love."

I look over as Roxanne gets up and leaves. Candice sighs.

"Roxanne! Harry made dinner, let's eat."

"I'm not hungry!!" We hear her yell.

**

I served us the food as Candice and I eat quietly. She tells me how her day went as I tell her about mine. Just the usual conversation.

After I helped her wash the dishes, we headed up to her room.

"I don't have a lot of stuff so hope you don't mind I put some in your closet," I tell her as she smiles.

"Harry, feel free to do that okay? It's your closet now too," she hugs me as I smile hugging back.

"If you want I'll sleep on the couch, I don't mind."

"Harry stop that," she pulls back looking up at me. "There's nothing wrong with sleeping next to each other. Nothing has to happen."

"If you're okay with that sweetheart then it's no problem," I smile as she kisses my cheek.

"Get comfortable, I'm going to go change."

She grabs some clothes walking into her bathroom. I change into sweatpants and a white shirt.

I lay down as I look up at the ceiling. This feels so different, I hope I don't regret it.

--

Btw some chapters may be shorter or longer than others :) depends on what happens in them

Vote, Comment all your support is much appreciated