Chapter 67: Why?

"Someone, call the doctor.
Got a case of a love bi-polar..
Stuck on a, roller coaster.
Can't get off this ride..
You, change your mind,

Like a girl, changes clothes..

'Cause you're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no.
You're in then you're out
You're up then you're down.
You're wrong when it's right
It's black and it's white.
We fight, we break up
We kiss, we make up.."

--Katy Perry: Hot N Cold

Chapter 67: Why?

Monday; November 6, 2017

Roxanne

Yesterday was complete crap. I stayed in my room all day not wanting to cross with my mom or Harry.

I still can't believe they are engaged. That's what Friday was about.

He proposed.

How dare he?!

One moment he's all over me then the next he ends things. Now this?! He can't be serious. This is way too much.

At my classes it was hard to concentrate even when I had tests today. I was able to get through it even though Harry has been on my mind.

I don't tell anything to Brianna as she gives me a ride home. I act as if nothing happened so she doesn't ask me questions.

I walk inside and gulp as I see Harry at the living room. He looks over then turns his attention back to the television.

I make my way upstairs and put my bag down. I change into comfortable clothes and walk downstairs to the kitchen.

Not seeing my mom anywhere, I dare and go to Harry to ask him.

"Uh where is my mom?" I look down not daring to face him.

"She's back at work."

"Oh, the paralegal job?" I look over as he nods. He continues watching the animal planet show. "Umm c-can we talk?"

"Of?"

"Can you please stop making this situation more awkward then it already is?"

"I'm not making anything awkward that's all on you," he looks over at me with a serious face. He clicks on the remote control turning off the TV. "What is it that you want to tell me?"

"Umm," I take a deep breathe fighting back tears. Damn why am I being such a baby?

"I don't have all day Roxanne."

"You know what? Forget it," I roll my eyes and am about to storm upstairs but he stops me.

"Is this because I asked Candice to marry me?"

I gulp as I stop walking.

"You don't agree?"

"You're an asshole," I angrily turn around glaring at him as he stands up facing me. "Why are you doing this? This has gotten too far. Asking her to marry you? What the hell?"

"What's wrong with that? I do want to marry her."

"No you don't. You're confused, and this is not even close to a solution."
"I'm not confused, not anymore. I thought it through Roxanne. This is what I want."

"This is what you want? What about—"

"Us?" He laughs and sighs being serious again. "There is no us Roxanne. You have to understand that. Why can't you? This engagement isn't enough proof to you?"

"You don't love her."

"How do you know? Hmm?"

I stare into his eyes as I feel my face wet with tears.

"I just kn-know."

"You don't. I love Candice. That's why I'm marrying her."

"You're lying!"

"I'm not lying Roxanne damnit!! How can I make you understand that?!!"

"You're so bipolar!!"

"Stop turning this around! It's your fault for feeling this way, we both knew it was just sex."

I glare at him as my hand finds his face smacking him hard. He holds to his left cheek as he looks down.

I sigh and run upstairs possibly not coming out of my room for another decade. 

--

I might update more not sure, but there you go 3 updates! :D