Chapter 63: I hate hospitals

Wednesday; November 1, 2017

Roxanne

As I open my eyes, I see all white. I try to focus my vision well to make sure I'm not dreaming. I look around as I'm in a white room. A couple of machines to my side.

I sigh as I'm clearly in a hospital room. I have all these things connected on me.

I jump startled as I hear the door open. Hearing the faint sound of boots, seeing for myself the long legs making its way towards me.

"Ha-Harry," I rasp out.

"You're awake," he smiles as he sets down a flower vase as he puts some roses in them. There are other kinds of flowers at that table along with balloons.

"Wh-what happened?"

He walks over as he sits down on the chair next to me.

"You got drugged."
"Wh-what? Drugged? How?"

"You didn't drink anything?"

"I was just drinking a soda but that's it."
"Someone must have put something in it."

"How? I hardly ever—wait ... I did set my drink down for a bit," I sigh rubbing my temple.

"Some stupid kid tried to take advantage of you."

"I remember someone being with me," I look at him scared. "I couldn't do much, I-I couldn't even scream."

"I know sweetheart," he leans over stroking my cheek wiping away the tears that are managing to escape my eyes.

"Si-since when are you back?"

"Last night, I was going to surprise you at the party. But I'm the one who received the unpleasant surprise."

"Did you find out who that guy was?"

"He escaped, but we will find him. Zayn is interrogating everyone who was at the party, along with the police," he chuckles.

"I can't believe he drugged me. Do I even know him?"

"Zayn doesn't even know who that is."

"Umm where is my mom?"

"She's with Zayn at the police station. Don't worry, you're going to be alright and you'll be going home soon."

"Thank you. Umm I re-really missed you," I look up at him staring into those mesmerizing eyes.

"I miss you too," he smiles stroking my hair back. My heart rate increases with his simple touch. I just want him to kiss me. To hug me, to hold me. "I thought about it."

I furrow my eyebrows staring at him.

"You need to get used to me being your mom's boyfriend. Nothing else. I'm sorry Roxanne. I care about you—"

The door opens as I quickly wipe away the tears as Harry sits back.

"Roxy you're up," my mom smiles and walks over the other side hugging me. "I'm so glad you're okay."

"Thanks."

"Zayn went to get Niall, we're trying to find out who that jerk is and why he drugged you."

"I hope they find him soon.

"Hey girl!" I smile as Brianna walks over.

"Bri!" I giggle as she hugs me.

"I'm so relieved I thought I lost you," she pulls back and ruffles my hair. "Don't scare me like that."

"I didn't plan on putting myself here," I chuckle.

"Roxanne," I smile as Josh walks over with lilies in his arms.

"Hey Josh."

"Oh him too," Brianna rolls her eyes and steps aside. I smile as Josh hugs me.

"I'll put those in water," Harry smiles taking the lilies from him.

"Thanks," Josh smiles as my mom follows Harry.

Brianna sits on the couch by the corner as Josh and I talk for a bit.

**

"Babe!" I giggle as Zayn rushes in with Niall. Josh left a while ago and Brianna went to get something to eat.

Zayn hugs me and I smile snuggling to him. He kisses my cheek and lifts my chin up as he pecks my lips.

"I promise you I will find that piece of shit and he will regret of what he did to you."

"Zayn... there's no need for violence. The police will be able to handle that."

"Yeah that's what I kept telling him," Niall says and smiles as he hugs me too. "Glad you're all like new."

"I feel a bit weak but I'll live," I giggle and snuggle to Zayn. The door opens and Harry and my mom walk in.

"Sweetie you have to stay the night," my mom announces and I sigh.

"I hate hospitals how will I survive?"

"I'll stay with you," Zayn says. I look at my mom then at Harry as he looks down. He smiles a bit and nods at my mom.

"Alright, we will be back in the morning. I got you some food in case you get hungry."

"Thank you mom. Is this okay with you Harry?" I bite my lip questioning why he's not acting like he usually does with Zayn.

"Yeah of course, why wouldn't it?" He smiles and wraps his arm around my mom's waist. "Let's go love."

"Okay, take care of her," she warns Zayn and he smiles nodding.

I sigh sinking back as I watch them leave.