Chapter 65: Marry Me

November 3, 2017

Harry

All this time away from Roxanne, from Candice; got me thinking. What is best for me? For us?

Exploring the busy city of New York, walking along the streets my mind would emerge with these thoughts.

It's best to forget Roxanne ever happened. She's just like a prohibit fruit. I can't have her. Even though I want her.

She needs to stay in the past, all she'll ever be is my girlfriend's daughter. Possibly my step-daughter.

The woman I should end up with is right in my eyes. My heart did shatter seeing Roxanne the way she was that Halloween night. That bastard.

I was relieved she was okay. I'm nervous to how she would react with what I have planned.

I finish signing some documents as the door to my office opens and Liam walks in.

"Hey mate!"

"Sup Li."

"How is Roxanne doing?"

"She's better. I still can't believe some idiot did that."

"He's lucky he's not found, or else Louis would kill him," he chuckles.

"Poor Louis though, Candice wouldn't let him see his daughter. He has every right, he's not even thinking in telling Roxanne the truth unless Candice wants to."

"Maybe she's just afraid it will slip out of his mouth?"

"But still, if I had a daughter I would want to know of her existence and if something bad happened to her, I would want to be by her side."

"Yeah true. So speaking of Roxanne..," he takes a seat and I look up meeting his gaze. "Are you going to tell Louis the truth of you and her?"

"Never, either way we're not going to happen. I decided to forget that possibility of me and her ever being something."

"Because of Candice?"

"Candice is the woman I should be with. I can't do this to her. Roxanne is a forbidden love."

"Do you love Roxanne?" He leans closer his eyes widening and I feel like a bullet just went through my chest.

"Umm uh that doesn't matter," I raise my fist over my mouth as I think, my thumb rubbing my bottom lip. "Uh I'm going to ask Candice to marry me."

"What?!" Liam looks at me shocked and I look over to see a shocked Louis too.

"I'm sorry again," he says referring to the way he intruded.

"It's fine Louis. H-how long have you been there for?"

"Just walked in. You're going to ask Candice to marry you?"

"Yeah, uh look if it's not okay with you—"

"Why wouldn't it be okay with me?" He chuckles. "Just because she was my first love back in high school, we made love and had a kid? That was a onetime thing I moved on and clearly so did she. All I care for is my daughter and you know so."

"So you're not mad I'm taking this step?"

"Of course not. I'm glad she found someone that cares for her and loves her. I'm glad that someone is you Harry," he smiles at me and I nod.