Chapter 1: First Day

Roxanne

I stared at myself in the long mirror that's against my wall. Observing my outfit not so sure if I want to go this way my first day in college. I feel like such a nerd. I'm wearing a black with white polka dots shirt tucked into a long black skirt. I decided to go with some brown classic shoes with black socks.

I'm the type of girl who would dress all kinds. One day I would be wearing just some ripped jeans and plain shirt with either converse or sneakers or whatever shoe I feel like wearing. The next day I could be wearing a long skirt with stockings and boots and a crop top or a flowery dress etc. I'm unique.

I love to dress different and I don't care what others think. When people ask me what is my style, I simply answer with whatever I wear.

I have curled the ends of my hair and put it to the side with a bobby pin holding it. My bangs are to my right side as some minimal hair is stranded out from my left side which I don't care. I actually like how I look.

	I grab my bag with the books and notebooks I'll be needing for my two classes today

I grab my bag with the books and notebooks I'll be needing for my two classes today. I head downstairs as my mom is in the kitchen already dressed for work.

My mom is not too old or not too young. She's very attractive for her age. Literally every guy drools for her. At times guys wouldn't even look at me and pay attention to my mom instead. She always dresses so classy and elegant. She usually always dyes her hair blonde but right now it looks faded with a bit of brown just like mine.

She has her hair curled, wearing black heels, and a dress that's black at the top and grey at the bottom as it hugs her curves. She smiles at me as she heads over to the round mirror that's in the hallway as she applies red lipstick.

	"You ready Roxy?"

"You ready Roxy?"

"Yes mother," I say as I go and grab some apple juice pouring it into a glass as I drink it all.

She heads back to the kitchen her heels clicking the concrete floor as she grabs her purse.

"You'll be able to find a ride back right? I'm not going to be back until late tonight."