Chapter 58: Now What

Tuesday; October 3, 2017

Harry

Yesterday Candice didn't want to hear anymore of what I had to say. She didn't want to listen. She got mad at me because Roxanne heard part of our conversation. Now Roxanne is mad at her once again.

I sigh as I pace around in my office, unable to concentrate on work.

"Woah, what's the stress about?" Liam walks inside and shuts the door. He fixes his glasses and chuckles.

"Nothing," I sigh running my fingers through my hair.

"That's nothing."

"It's just, okay," I look at him walking closer towards him. "It's about Roxanne's dad."

"What about him?"

"Candice told me how she saw him on Sunday."

"Ohhh I see," he laughs and I raise my eyebrows at him. "You're jealous."

"What? No!"

"Aha. You're all jealous that Candice's old lover is back in town and you're afraid she will go back with him."

"What is the matter with you?"

"Or are you upset that maybe this means the end for you and Roxanne."

"Liam no. Louis he's Roxanne's father."

Liam stares at me confused.

"That's the problem. That's why Louis has been acting all strange yesterday. Remember he told us last time about him having a daughter. It's her Liam. Roxanne is his daughter. Candice confirmed it cause also Roxanne saw him on Sunday. Roxanne was with her."

"Woah. That's wow," Liam lets out a breath and I nod.

"I know. I'm pretty sure Louis knows, that's why he was mad at me. He thought I knew all along and didn't tell him."

"But you just found out mate."

"Exactly."

"Are you going to tell him?"

"I don't know. What else can I do? Candice doesn't want Roxanne to know the truth. I'm sure Louis won't hesitate and tell her he's her father."

"You're right, I been wanting to tell her but I won't."

We look over as Louis walks in.

"Sorry, I won't walk into your office without knocking next time."
I nod as he walks closer.

"I'm not going to say or do anything if Candice doesn't want me to. I'll stick to just being able to see her."
"I tried to convince Candice but—"

"She's stubborn I know," Louis chuckles. "Sorry about yesterday. I don't think I'll go to her party."

"Why not?"

"It's clear that Candice doesn't want me there."

"Roxanne does."
"If she knew I'm actually her father, trust me, she won't want me there. I know she hates me."
"Believe it or not Louis, she doesn't hate you. She wants to meet you no matter what."

"Really? No, maybe later I'll tell her the truth. It's probably not the right moment to tell her. I don't want to ruin her birthday."

"You're a good guy Louis. I'm glad Roxanne has a father like you."
"I'm glad she has a step-father like you," he chuckles and pats my shoulder. "You been there more for her than I have."
"Uh just recently Louis," I mutter.

I look at Liam as I feel awkward with this. If only Louis knew what I been doing with his daughter, he would kill me.

"Now what?" Liam says.

"Back to work," Louis chuckles as he then walks out.

"You're in big trouble," Liam tells me.

"I'll figure something out."