62. "I don't get mad, I get even"

Chp62. "I don't get mad, I get even."

---------------------------------

[RECAP: Mia, Austin, and Cora team up to bring Riley down in vengeance to Mia's father.]

----------------------------------

                Mia's Point Of View

I sighed checking my phone one last time, hoping that this time I had finally received a text back. Why does the thought and feeling of missing someone hurt so much? It's almost like I've been stabbed deep in the stomach countless of times.

I haven't seen Austin in quite a long while. Okay... fine. In two days, but to someone so clingy and craving the person they love so much? It's a lot. I allowed myself to feel my lips with my fingertips, mesmerizing how good they feel when Austin pushes his own against mine.

I groaned. "Where the hell are you, Mahone?" Frustrated, I pushed my phone further down my bed before standing up. I paced my room back and forth, still worried and still missing him.

Austin had taken a "trip" with both Riley and Cora for two days. In my definition, to
mess with his business. It was long overdue, the plan was moving slowly and I was sick of it. I needed to take action as soon as possible. You know how certain people need an apology for closure? Well not me, I've had enough of that for most of my life. I need revenge. I decided to allow myself to grieve over my dad, I also decided to no longer fear my emotions.

If I am angry, I will be angry. And I will show my anger. And so as I'll allow myself to react- I don't get mad, I get even. And Riley Parker... you're in for a rude awakening.

Finally. I think to myself as I hear my phone ringing, wasting no time I run for it.

"Austin?" I question immediately, not bothering to check if I was right or wrong. Although, I'd be quite disappointed if I was wrong.

"—Mia?" I heard his voice, relieving such stress off my shoulders. The background was muffled, too noisy and very distracting. It was hard to tell if Austin was speaking and probably vise versa.

"What is going on? Where are you? Why can't I hear you? Are you safe? I miss you. When are you coming home?"

He laughed. Yep, that's right- he laughed. Here I am, worried my boyfriend who's not my boyfriend but most definitely is my boyfriend might be in some kind of trouble and what does he do? Laugh in my face.

My face changes expressions quickly, knowing I'm now a bit bothered. "Do you think this is funny? Answer me, idiot."

"Calm down, mom. I am fine, I promise. I couldn't call the past two days, it would've raised questions and plus, service is bad."

"Service is bad? Well where the fuck are you? The Himalayas?" I sarcastically spat. "Did you meet so earthy bitch over there? Because if you did... I swear, Mahone I'll—"

"No." he bluntly spoke. "No 'earthy..bitches' down here, no women besides you to catch my attention at all, Mia." I knew at that, he had rolled his eyes. Imagining him, I slowly cracked a smile. God, I miss him. "

"Columbia. Don't ask why, trust me... you don't want to know. Do know though, papa has got it covered. I'm about to board right now taking a flight home, I'll be there soon. Do you miss me?"

"'Papa has got it covered?'" Ignoring his last question, I chuckled, "Who the hell are you? A middle aged soccer dad of two?"

"No. But if you want to birth my children some day near the future, talk to me baby. Now... stop ignoring my question. Did you or did you not miss me? Because I miss you. A lot."