60. "Danger Zone"

Chp60. "Danger Zone"

----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------

(RECAP: Mia found out the truth behind Austin and her father. She asked Austin for help to take Riley Parker down and avenge her father. Austin agreed. Mia begins to sneak in nights into the house to review the plan while Austin works on getting her back in every way possible)

Mia's Point Of View

His room was quiet and dark, yet it seemed to almost be filled with every little single thing that's been holding me back from him. I truly wish I was a little more stronger at this moment because as of now, in my current situation... I was beginning to show my weakness and he knew it.

It was a bit off though, my mind couldn't stop rushing at all. Austin seemed entirely different on this night than the rest that we've had. His vocabulary was off, a little dirtier than I remember-- so bluntly but so enjoyable. I'd be lying if I wasn't thinking and wishing he was doing every little thing he was trying to whisper over to me a few moments ago.

And as tempting as it is, and on how much I truly miss it-- him. I just couldn't. It was obvious that most of any emption I had left in me had vanished, and I've had days where I wish my love for him was in that same case. But I knew it could never truly reach that point. I cared too much for him when I knew deep within myself, that I shouldn't.

I stepped away from him, it pained me to reject him but it was something that needed to be done. I can't afford any more distractions, Austin being one.

Quietly avoiding him, as both my eyes fall down to my feet and nothing but an awkward pause fills the room. And it seems to be the first awkward silence we've had for quite a long while, it was nonsurprisingly something I couldn't be comfortable with.

Avoiding eye contact or any type of contact with Austin, he eventually seemed to have taken the hint. Still in silence though, he took steps backwards until reaching his bed and setting himself down on the endge of it.

When I noticed he wasn't so close to me anymore as he had previously been, my head slowly picked itself back up only to look straight into his directions.

He wasn't looking at me though.

"I--" he paused, unable to continue what he truly wanted to say. It worried me. "I'm sorry" he eventually spit out after a pause that seemed to have lasted forever.

"I truly don't know what had came over me. I didn't mean to talk to you like that, so disrespectfully and aggressively. I truly apologize, Mia." A droplet of sweat fell from his forehead, he wiped some off before any more could fall. And steadily ran a hand through his hair, leaving nothing but a curly mess behind.

"It's just... things have just been so-- so stressful, you know? I've been missing y- I just..."

C'mon, c'mon Austin. Finish it. Finish your sentence. Please.

"Yeah, I'll just... I'll stop.I'll lay off like you told me to." he finished.

Saying I was sort of disappointed would be an understatement. And although at this point there was nothing more I wanted than for him to just hold me, without a word but just really hold me as if it were a goodbye we had to face, anything... I had to put that aside.