40. "I always get what I want"

Chp40. "I always get what I want"

----------------------------

dedicated to- KenzieParis :)

----------------------------

-Austin's Point Of View-

I ran a hand trough my hair once again, smoothing it out. Well at least trying to. Pulling the towel on my waist, I immediately fixed it one last time to keep it from falling completely. Frustrated would be an understatement to explain how I'm feeling at this current moment. It was basically way more than just that. I needed to look good. There, I had said it. Unfortunately for me, this hair wasn't cooperate with me. It was nothing but a damn mess. I was debating on wether to just leave it alone and throw in a beanie as I called it a day. However, I didn't end up doing that.

Taking the blow dryer I turned it on and right away the noise as well as the hot air burst out from it. Wasting no more time, I slowly started to blow dry my wet hair. After finally having it completely dry and most definitely more manageable and decent looking than before, I placed my hat over it for a while, in order to keep it the way I wanted. I hated my hair, it just didn't fit nor worked with me. So this right here was something I had to do almost everyday if I didn't want to look like someone from the circus. On days where I was way too lazy, I wore a hat or a beanie. Other than that, this took fifteen minutes out of my day.

Lastly, I took the clothes from the counter and quickly dressed myself. Finally taking my hat off I sprayed a nice amount of cologne before heading out. I think I looked pretty attractive, I may add. Well at least I needed to. Checking over myself one last time in the mirror I was overall satisfied. I grabbed the keys from the bed and took off closing the door shut from the room. Racing down the stairs I took a quick glance at my phone only to notice it was only six-thirty, only a few more minutes until seven. Almost time. I thought to myself.

Reaching the bottom of the staircase, the whole house was quiet. It has been like that for quite a while. Riley wasn't here due to regular business, he left Dave in charge like always. Not like he was ever even around much. If there wasn't anything to handle here he would be somewhere else handling something there. No matter what it was or where it was, he was always taking care of something. As he liked to call it. Whatever the hell it was, I glad glad it wasn't here. It seemed to be that things had definitely gotten back to normal with Mia. Truthfully? I honestly wouldn't know. But to what I could see, it seemed like it.

Deep down I know she would never get over her father's death. I know how it feels like to lose someone that you love and means so much to you. And I wanted to be there for her- I wanted to help her out. But that was the thing, I didn't know how to do just that. So if I had bothered to try, I would always fuck up and let my asshole ways get the best of me. Leaving me only looking like a complete jerk, is not something that you always want I'll admit.

"Who's that?" Dave's voice filled my ears as it slowly echoed through out the living room as well. "Is that you Austin?" He had said right after.

I rolled my eyes at him. There were times where Dave wasn't the smartest. But he sure as hell does know how to handle the jobs assigned to him. After all, Riley hadn't hired him for his brains- he had others for that. He clearly was hired for just how tough and scary to others he was. And most importantly, apart from me, Dave was the only other man Riley could trust.

I let out a long exaggerated sigh, along with a sudden soft chuckle. "Of course it's me Dave. Who the hell else would it be?" I glanced at him, as his eyes landed on me once I had stepped in. Sitting on the couch, he only looked at me furrowing his eyebrows.

Dave may be in charge, but it was I who would be the one making all the decisions. However this time was different. Riley knew something was up. And soon enough, I was going to start getting this feeling. I just didn't expect it to be so soon. I had no clue what my next move would be. Things were happening so sudden, giving me no absolute time to react. All I knew was that I couldn't possibly let Riley figure anything out. Lucky for me, he had much other important things to take care of. But I knew far too well he isn't the type to forget things, most certainly not something like this. Sooner or later Riley will know that in fact Mia is living back here, and the outcome will not be any good.

Dave's eyes looked over towards me in an up and down motion before speaking. "Where are you going?" He questioned curiously, shoving his hand in the bag of chips laying on his lap and placing one in his mouth.

"Out" I replied bluntly, shrugging my shoulders.

"Out?" He repeated my words only him asking me this time. "Out where? This late?"

"It's only about to be seven." I replied causally. Dave had quite a tendency to exaggerate. It was no surprise really.

He took the bag of chips and placed it on the side, shaking any crumbs off him with his hands. "It's late." He said once again, nodding his head.

By now I would usually be snapping at Dave for telling me shit like this that I clearly don't give one single fuck about. But eventually after time, I had gotten used to Dave and his forms of handling things. I wasn't too worried about it. Anyone could possibly be talking to me like this- asking so many damn questions and practically annoying the hell out of me, they wouldn't get another second to breathe. I just simply didn't deal with shit like that. But recently I had managed to control my moods a little bit better. Yes, of course I'd be boiling inside but at times, I had to let it go. It was something that needed controlling and so far I was providing it. Eventually though, this wouldn't be able to last forever obviously. Every little thing had a way to get to me so not everything was so easy.

"You don't worry about that, okay?" I smiled sarcastically over to Dave. Taking my hat off, I threw it on to the couch and ran a hand once again over to my hair, smoothing it out. Like I had said before, I needed to look good.

I noticed how Dave had opened his mouth to say something else but was far too soon interrupted to proceed on. The sound of heels clicking had caught both Dave's and I's attention. The sound was distant but soon enough made it's way over to us.

"Dave," Cora's voice took over. "Leave Austin alone. Can't you see he's finally growing up?" She chuckled faintly. Reaching over to us, Cora made her way around to Dave. Wasting no time, she reached her hand over to the bag of chips and holding it in her possession.

First Dave and now Cora. I wasn't in the mood for any of this. In a couple of minutes I had to get going. I surely enough didn't want these two to ruin my mood. Things were different, I wasn't sure what type of different it really was. Or if I liked it or otherwise had no emotion towards it. It was the type of different you can't really explain but you know exactly that is there. There's no absolute answer and/or explanation for it. It's just sorta there to figure it out yourself. But I wasn't looking into that, at least not yet. I was going with the flow.

I sighed running a hand through my face, feeling myself getting even more frustrated. "Don't fucking start right now." I warned.

Cora placed another chip in her mouth right after laughing to my response. In the other hand, Dave was completely clueless to what was going on. But that was actually a very good thing. "What are you going on about?" Dave questioned Cora, switching his gaze between us both. "Is there something that I'm missing here?"

I shook my head with a no but Cora had already nodded towards Dave's question. Sitting up she placed her hands on her lap. "Austin is going out with someone, a girl actually." She said.

"You make it sound like it's the most surprising thing you've ever heard. I go out with a bitch every single damn day." I snapped.

"But here's the difference." Cora raised her voice.

"There's no difference."

"-oh but there is Austin..."

It felt like the room was literally burning. Either it was in general or it was me. It may have been the start summer already, but what this felt was like hell possibly. Dave only continued to sit in his spot, clueless yet amused. And here I was so close, to going over to Cora and shutting her up myself.

"You see this one is different from all the others you've brought, taken out, or just do whatever the hell you mostly usually do- which I may add, things you need to stop doing."

I scoffed. Fucking pathetic. "What are you babbling on about. You're wasting my time. I got places to be."

I knew what she was talking about though. How could I not? It was more than obvious. But I wasn't going to give Cora the satisfaction she was looking for. There was no need for that. Matter of fact, there was no need of her to bring shit like this up. Especially in front of Dave. One small slip up and we are all fucked. The only way to fully get out of this current situation was to leave once and for all. Besides, I'd be right on time if I do so now. Anything to get me away from this girl. She was only trying to push my buttons like always. She knew it, and I knew it. And to her goal she was succeeding at that.

Cora laughed one more time as I gave the biggest death glare I could possibly do. "Okay okay," she threw her hands halfway jokingly. "I'll stop. But you know exactly what I'm talking about."

I didn't respond at all, instead I walked on off leaving her alone with Dave to keep her company. I had my own company to keep. Opening the front door, I stepped out. The sun was barely starting to set. Walking over to my range rover, I unlocked it and got inside right away. You could most likely say that I was ready for my night to begin.

-

-

-

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?" She spoke, her voice was calm and soft. She was trying her best to hide the real emotions inside of it.

I raised an eyebrow and leaned forward just a tad bit. Her big dark brown eyes stared back at me, what I would give to know what's going trough her head at this very moment. "Why?" I asked plainly, but still curious. "Does it bother you?"

Mia stayed quiet. She was making her eyes do the talking instead as she tried to look anywhere else but me. But that's where I knew she did not like it when I stared at her for not even a quick second. She wasn't finished with her food, I on the other hand was already done with mine. Her stare was towards her lap and at least every once in a while she would look up at me to check if I was still looking at her. And I surely was.

Eventually though, she gave in and decided to finally respond. "Well," her voice had came in a little hoarse. But right away Mia fixed her posture and cleared her throat silently. "It doesn't bother me." She said.

I knew she was lying. Fuck that, I ways knew when this girl was lying. It not only said it in her face but in the way she talked and her actions. She really needed to get better at it. And what would be of me if I didn't tease her about it? C'mon, it was basically in my nature. I do these type of things. It's almost like I have to. "Oh really?" I asked amused. "It doesn't bother you?"

She shook her head. "No."

I let out a small laugh. There were points where it would bother me when she wouldn't admit to something that was obviously the truth. It was so visible and her only trying to hide hide it made it even more evident. Some things were just undeniable. And when it came to me, I knew people. I read them like a book. For some reason at times it was really easy for me to know just exactly what they're feeling. And easily as that, I know how to handle the situation very well. But unfortunately that is not always the case. Of course there are a few times, here and there where I just can't simply figure someone out. With Mia it was actually both, but as of right now- she was placed out clear for me to read.

"So you wouldn't mind if I just look at you a little bit longer?" I smirked along the lines. And right on cue, the highlight of my night came. Mia's cheeks turned a bright shade of red. And no, it wasn't like those where you just simply blush slightly but you can easily hide it. No, she was blushing hardcore and there was no doubt about it. It was cute.

This time a full on smile appeared upon my lips. And right after I chuckled at her. This was probably the funniest and most definitely enjoyable things I liked doing. It was in my specialty to bring out these kinds of things out of people.

Mia joined as well, herself giggling at the current situation. "Austin, stop." She said. Her tone in voice was soft and humble, almost too sweet.

I still laughed anyway. "Austin, stop." I repeated her words, using the same tone in mocking her. It was almost a whine, but barely. Mia sighed loudly and returned the smile over to me. Now you see, that was what I had been waiting for. That smile, not her usual shy or embarrassed smile. But her genuine confident smile. The one that I found so irresistible, and quite beautiful.

Mia let out a simple giggle, catching my full attention to her. It had been almost a week and a half since graduation. At current situations I didn't know where we stood. I didn't even know what this was. Or if it even was anything. But I knew one thing, and that was the way things felt around Mia. Something I hadn't felt in such a long time. It was actually something I had no idea I could ever feel again, and yet here I am sitting right in front of this girl with a bunch of unsorted feelings, emotions and perspectives. All together with no clue to anything whatsoever. But I actually didn't want to have a single clue, I liked the unknown. And at times, you found the lost in the unknown. And I've been waiting for those missing parts since forever.

We had spent a long while sitting here. And we weren't even eating anymore, matter of fact- we had already finished our meals. Well at least I had. People continued to come and go and here was Mia and I still sitting down talking or simply wasting time. Eventually we'd have to leave. Though I made sure to make excuses to stall for time. The truth was, I just didn't want to leave already. Because that meant leaving the place and leaving Mia. I don't know what it was but something was holding me back unable to move.

I was running out of excuses, nothing was helping anymore. So instead, I had decided to come up with something much better. "Let's go somewhere." I said. It wasn't a question or a suggestion, it was a demand.

Mia's furrowed her eyebrows together in confusion. "Go where? Austin, I have to get home."

"No you don't." I insisted. What can I say? I was a very demanding kind of guy. I liked things my way. It was either my way or no way.

"I really do." She sighed placed her napkin on the table. "It's very late."

I scoffed. "It's not even that late. Besides, you'll love it babe. I promise."

She was hesitant at first. But I saw it in her eyes, she was eager and slowly giving in. "I don't want my mom staying up late worrying about me." She tried once again.

I was amazed at how she hadn't giving in already. It didn't usually take her long to. I mean I did manage to persuade her to skip school with me. However Mia saw it as the biggest crime in the world. If she only knew though. The whole time she would be panicking and being completely paranoid. It was hilarious I may add. It wasn't even such a big deal, all we did was walk around some park just talking. Well, more like arguing about silly things like which show is better than the other. But still, her company was something I enjoyed. And something I didn't want to stop having.

I leaned my head in disbelief before looking back at her. "You're kidding me right?" I ran a hand through my hair. It was already a mess anyway. "You're about to live and experience life and you're over here worrying if your mom is going to ground you for being late."

"-it's not even about that!" She argued back.

"It's fine Mia. If you don't want to go, you don't have to. I'm not forcing you."

Five,

four,

three,

two...

"Okay, fine." She blurted out. "But if this brings me problems, I'm blaming everything on you." She jokingly pointed her finger towards me as if accusing me of something.

"Don't you always, babe?" I chuckled getting up from my seat.

I didn't know exactly where I was taking her, but at this point I guess it didn't really matter. Just as long as she was here with me, that was enough. I hadn't realized I was the type of person who if I wanted something so bad, that I would do just about anything to have it. As of right now, Mia was probably something that I indeed wanted. And I was pretty damn sure, I was what she wanted as well. There was no need for these games anymore. Because evidentially I had gotten what I wanted just like I always do.

I always get what I want.

-------------------------------

VOTE & COMMENT!!!