13. "We gotta leave"

Chp13. "We gotta leave"

---------

----------

- Austin's point of view -

Ring

Ring

Ring

Fluttering my eyes wide open due to the sound I quickly sat up on the couch. My back was killing me. I never slept well on couches or floors, it has always been that way. If you ask me why did I sleep here in this room with Mia instead of sleeping in my own room, I can't answer. Simply because I don't know an answer; I don't have an answer. I just did it right on the spot. Don't even ask me because I don't even know so myself.

Ring

Ring

Ring

My phone went on again. Groaning I twisted to my side to pick up my iPhone that was laying there on the floor.

"Hello?" I answered. My voice was a little deep and raspy only because I had just woken up. I was still kinda half asleep as well.

"Get your ass downstairs now!!" it was Riley. His tone was angry. Something is definitely up.

I've known Riley for years now and when something's wrong this man would flip the fuck out. Even over the smallest crap. I already know things are bad. But just how bad are they really?

"Whoa whoa, calm down" I paused for a second "what happened?"

"Just get down here.. now Austin!" He hissed "This isn't a fucking game anymore"

I shot right up in a second. I didn't want to upset Riley- not because I was afraid of him. That's not even close to it, I could beat Riley in a heartbeat. It was just that I've known him for so long and he was like a dad to me. After my dad had died I felt so alone. I was crushed, my whole world was gone. It wasn't the same as before, everything went downhill from there. It wasn't like I had my mom there with me, she hated me. And after all of the shit I have done to my mother, in all honesty I highly doubt she'll ever want to see me again. I couldn't blame her. I was a terrible person.

Riley was all I had left, he knew my dad. They were great friends. So when I needed someone to talk to- someone to get advice from; he was there. He was always there.

I hung up and took the blanket away from my bare chest. Quickly putting my shirt back on I went ahead and out on my shoes. It was pitched black, I took a small look at Mia. She was peacefully sleeping on the bed and a fetus position. She looked like a little girl. I had to get out of here without waking her up.

I slowly and steady made my way to the door and opened it gently, hoping I wouldn't wake her up. After I finally stepped out of the room I took the small golden key from the back pocket of my jeans and locked the room from the outside.

Rushing the down the stairs, I tried my best not to trip and fall. These stairs were scary in a way. Finally reaching the bottom of the stairway I wasted no time into rushing to the living room.

There sitting down was Dave, Thomas, Jason, Kyle, Cora, and lastly Riley- whom stood strictly folding his arms against his chest. Almost every trust worthy guy who worked for Riley was present. Okay now this shit must be really serious. I looked to my left and there sitting on the couch was Rachel, her and Riley have been married for three years now. Although they are very happy together they barely act like they're together, especially when it's during the job.

"You wanted to see me?" I asked walking in taking a seat next to Thomas. He was a scrawny guy but damn- he wouldn't hesitate to kill you in a second.

"Finally" Riley turned around right after I spoke. "You took forever. Next time Austin, when I say get down here. You will fucking get down here"

Normally if any other person let alone someone I didn't know ever talked to me that way- they'd be dead. And I am not saying this sarcastically. I'm not the one to fuck with. But since it's Riley- and I know how he has really bad anger issues, I've gotten used to it. Mostly also because I know about anger issues myself. Riley always has a way of exaggeration everything out.

"Now, I am going to speak and I want all of you to listen. I've called everyone out here for a reason" Riley said

I noticed how everyone's attention was only to Riley. Everyone followed his orders, I've looked up to him. He was the father figure in my life. I've always wanted to be like him. Yes, the choices I've made and what I'm doing now are wrong. But it brings money to the table and as cliché as this might fucking sound- I gotta damn reputation to run.

"Clearly, we have a fucking problem. A big problem" Riley paused for dramatic effect "So big that it fucked up all of our plans"

"Get to the fucking point" I called out irritated. I hated when he pulled shit like this. Playing around the subject was one thing I hated when people did.

Dave looked at me across the room and only gave me a stern look "Austin, stop"

Ignoring his stupid comment I went back to giving Riley all of my attention, hoping this time he will just tell us what the big deal is so we can solve it. If it's even able to be solved that is.

Riley talked across the room and leaned against the wall "Apparently about half an hour ago- I got some news"

Bringing his hand up he ran it through out his black hair "Steven Evans died this afternoon"

The whole room went silent. No one had at least one expression on their faces. Including me. But I know one person who will have an expression- Mia.

"Due to this current event, the whole plan is shut down" Riley finished slowly clarifying everything.

Mia's father is dead. I really can't say anything else since I don't even know him. But I do know one thing...

I know what it feels like to loose your dad. I know how it feels like to receive those news. I know how it feels like to have your heart shattered so many times you can't even pick up the pieces. And when you want to ask your dad for advise or just talk to him- you can't; because he's gone. The worst part is not being able to say goodbye.

"I didn't get what I wanted back. I go nothing back. Everything he stole from me- I will never get it back. He took so much from me" as Riley spoke I didn't pay much attention I was still remembering how broken I was over my dad.

But after he said some things, then I payed attention "And the only thing I can take from him- "

"Is Mia" a small devilish smile appeared on his lips. And then I noticed how much hate Riley had built up against Steven Evans.

"That girl is the daughter of Steven and if he can't pay me back she will have to-" he continued to smile "And the only thing I wasn't from her is... death"

As his last word was spoken my eyes got wide. I wasn't sure what he actually meant. I highly doubt he really wants death.

"Wait what do you mean?" I asked confused

He laughed "aw c'mon Austin, don't act like this is all new to you."

I shook my head

"You know what, matter of fact- how about we let you do it. You have until tomorrow night to make sure she's gone for good"

It's one thing for someone to die. But for for someone to die without no reason is wrong. I still have some type of emotion inside me at least. Riley is taking the stupid way. I'm not going to do this, the girl has been through enough. Even though she really pisses me off and asks way too many questions, this isn't the way. This was only get what Riley wanted back and leave them alone, but when plot twists like this shit right here happens. Anything can happen. And this proves it.

"I'm not going t-"

"And if you don't do as I say, I will make sure t's not only her but you as well Austin" Riley said giving me a look "now everyone go back to bed, it's gonna be a long day tomorrow"

We all got up and everyone headed back to their rooms. My mind was everywhere now. I couldn't find it, it was lost. I may be a lot of things- maybe even a killer. But killing an innocent person is not me. I am not going to go ahead with this. She already had to find out about her dad and that's way more worst than death in my opinion.

As I made my way around the couch a huge thought came to mind. In a matter of seconds I was running up the stairs. I walked back in to the room where Mia was. I swung the door open hoping it didn't wake anyone up but her.

"Get up!" I whispered yell

Mia opened her eyes lazily and stared at me confused.

"Get up! Get dressed, we are leaving!!" I yelled this time.

She wouldn't budge so I did what I had I do. I yanked the covers away from her.

"What are you doing?!" She was wide awake now. About damn time.

"We gotta leave" I said taking her hand and pulling her away from the bed. "Now"

-----------

----------

VOTE VOTE VOTE :)