16. "Two cups, three cups"

Chp16. "Two cups, three cups"

-----------------------------------------

I clenched my jaw before speaking. And only stepped closer to Austin. He watched me as I punched his chest with both of my hands once, but before I could hit it the second time he had already caught my wrists tightly.

"I. Will. Never. Be. Like. You" I paused after every word I let out. "Never"

I still wasn't able to pull out of his grip, his hold was way too tight for me to even bother to try. I held my breath.

Austin's eyes were a shade of dark green now as they stared upon me. He was seeing right through me and I was weak against him. I was always weak.

"You say that now... But time will show."

Finally releasing my wrists he let out a dark chuckle. "Things happen and people change, that's life. And life it's just about to fuck you over."

I made a weird look of confusion, I was annoyed by his comment. Honestly I had no idea what that was supposed to mean exactly. But it felt like life was already fucking me over, so it wasn't like I'd have to face something new.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I demanded instead of asking.

"Nothing"

I always hated having conversations with Austin. Once it would be calm but in a matter of seconds the whole mood would change and we will be arguing over the slightest thing. Though, arguing with him was indeed interesting, I was always the one who ended up losing these types of arguments. But out of having a conversation with Austin- the one thing I hated the most was probably when he ended it just like that. No explination at all, and he had done it just now.

"Nothing?" I shook my head in disbelief "Whatever"

He stepped away from me dropping his hands to his sides. "Just get ready, we'll be leaving soon."

The hot steaming water poured all over me. I finished washing the last bit of shampoo out of my hair and turned off the water to the shower. I stepped out and dried myself with the towel, quickly putting back on my clothes making sure I wouldn't get too cold along the process.

I stepped out of that filthy bathroom, I was right it was very disgusting in there. It felt like I didn't even actually take a real shower, more like I took a dirt bath in that case.

"Austin?" I called his name once I heard no noise.

I walked into the room where only the plain bed and television were. No sign of him.

"Austin?" I called out again hoping he would just pop out of somewhere. I didn't want to be alone in here, it was way too sketchy.

"He's not here"

Cora stood there. Her dark black hair flowing down her back matching perfectly with her pale skin and red lipstick.

"-He went somewhere. But he called me to help you out." She smiled politely.

"Are you going with us?"

"I think so" she responded. "Unless... You know how Austin is. If he doesn't change his mind then yeah."

"But I thought you and Austin were close? Why is he so rude to you now?"

I couldn't help but ask. It was true, she had told me before how her and Austin were best friends. Ever since I've gotten here and been with Austin every second of the day, it seemed different. He had always been an outcast, but only because he wanted to. I still didn't understand and I highly doubt I ever will. It seemed he was never close to anyone, not even Cora.

"It's a long story. We don't have time for it anyways." She breathed out.

Cora shook her head and came over to me, taking me and leading back to that dirty bathroom. "Let's get you ready, it's a party. You have to look hot"

In only seconds the whole counter of the bathroom was filled with all these makeup and hair products. I've never seen so many makeup in my life. Yeah, I do have makeup back at home, but this? This was different. It was Cora's, and well- Cora being Cora, something told me I was definitely not going to look like myself after she finished her magic.

And I was right. After Cora finished putting this sort of powder on my face she sprayed my hair one last time, leaving the curls on my hair smelling all lovely. She had styled my hair differently and I really liked how it looked. It was a half pony tail with curls to match along. She had spent numerous amount of time in trying to find the perfect dress. You wouldn't believe how many bags she had brought filled with clothes and shoes. After taking centuries to find a dress she finally settled on a pastel pink with a backless back that hugged my body perfectly. It was a little too much for my comfort but she refused to let me change. Cora then handed me a pair of nude heels and smiled up at me.

After she finally got ready we both looked in the mirror satisfied. For once I actually did feel pretty. I smiled pleased.

"Are you ready now?" Austin was in the doorway of the bathroom.

This is the part where the guy is supposed to notice the girl and compliment her on how pretty she looks and he'll realize on how a douche he was this whole time. And finally somehow stop being so heartless, right?

Wrong. It was the exact opposite. Austin didn't even bother to say anything. In a way I was kind of hoping he would have but he didn't.

Austin, Cora and I had finally left the motel. The trees continued on to pass by on the road. The sun was finally setting. I hadn't eaten the whole day and to say I was hungry would be an understatement. I was starving. My stomach had growled a couple of times along the car ride, it was embarrassing since there was complete silence and my stomach just wanted to keep on reminding me it needed food.

"We'll eat over there" Cora whispered to me. I returned a smile hoping she was right.

After some time the car came to halt. Austin and Cora both stepped out first and I followed along behind. We were at a house. It was big, not as big as that mansion where I was forced to stay at first. But it was very big for a regular house. The thing the stood out the most was the fact that the house was a dark color green. It was indeed a very strange house, I'll admit that.

We continued to walk towards the house. There were cars parked everywhere, also people walking in. Laughter and music coming from all around.

"Great! You're here." Logan greeted us, he smiled and his dimples slowly showed.

Cora rolled her eyes, walking in passing Logan and bumping him harshly on the shoulder. There was a vibe of hate between those two.

Austin took my hand once again and intertwined his fibers with mine. He continued to talk to Logan at the door as other people continued to walk on in. They were mostly all teens or maybe some in their twenties. I on the other hand didn't pay much attention to what Logan and Austin were saying, I was too busy trying to keep my cool. I didn't know what I was supposed to do, I felt out of place. I was out of place I should say. And Austin's hand intertwined with mine wasn't even helping at all. I always wondered why did that. He disliked me, yet at times he would just randomly take my hand and hold it as if it were nothing.

"Alright, Mia?" I heard Austin cut in. I came back to reality. Both him and Logan were staring at me now. It was awkward.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, completely clueless to what they were talking about. I always zoned out.

"I said I will be right back. I have something to take care of, just stay with Cora and whatever you do... Do not get lost. Okay?"

I stared at Austin and mouthed an "okay"

He then left along somewhere with Logan and disappeared into the crowd of drunken intoxicated people. I tried my best to try and find Cora but I couldn't. It wasn't like I lost her, she walked out way before Austin had even left. I was scared as hell and completely clueless. I tried so hard to make my way around everyone but it was no use. I was stuck in the middle of two girls dancing. I couldn't find a possible way out. I didn't really know how to dance, these girls were going all wild. One of the girls took her top off and threw it on the floor revealing her breasts. Screams grew loud, a couple of guys cheered her on as she continued to dance. I was still stuck in between her and this blonde, which only resulted of me being danced on by a shirtless drunken girl. Not fun.

After I finally got out of that disturbing situation I took a seat. My feet were killing me, I couldn't do these heels anymore and it hasn't even been at least two hours yet. I did not know how Cora did it. Being a girl is tough.

The loud music continued to play, starting to give me a hardcore headache. I needed to get out of here fast. I walked on over to the snacks area and poured myself a full cup of punch. It tasted funny and burned a little at first but I didn't care. One cup led to another and two cups led to three, and so on. I felt a little tipsy now. Shit, I should have known. This punch was spiked.

I let out a groan and held my ground hoping I didn't fall.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah" I smiled uncontrollably. I think I'm drunk. I'm not exactly sure really since I've never really been drunk in my entire life before. But it was becoming a struggle to keep myself balanced and I definitely had an urge to burst out with laughter every two minutes. Either I was really happy or I was drunk. I'm going to go with the second one.

"You sure about that?" The blonde boy chuckled and took a sip out of his red cup. He was cute.

"I think so" I giggled again and he flashed me a smile. "I'm just- I'm just trying to find my friend."

He took another sip, this time longer than the first until he finished his cup and threw it onto the floor. I decided to do the same. I took cup number five or maybe six, who knows; and chugged it completely down. The strong liquid burned my throat, bad idea.

I wanted to sit. I tried making my way to some seats I saw in the far corner, again... I tried. Simply, I failed miserably. The blonde boy continued to watch me struggle which only made me laugh. These heels weren't working so I decided to take them off. But I couldn't, in my drunken state I managed to trip over myself.

The guy quickly caught me before I was able to hit the hard floor. God bless him.

"Exactly how many cups did you have to drink?" He asked as his deep ocean blue eyes looked at me.

I pouted, "Two cups, three cups," I paused deep in thought, "Six? I don't know" I giggled hysterically.

He only laughed at me.

"Hey! What's your name? You're pretty cute." I was really eager to know, maybe I could get his number.

"Brandon." He replied.

"Oh, I'm Mia." I hugged him. Why? I don't know, but I did because I wanted to. I wanted to hug Brandon. He smelled good, like peaches.

"Let's dance, Bryan!" I screeched in my high pitched voice enthusiastically, grabbing his hand I led us down to the dance floor.

"It's Brandon." I heard him say but I ignored him and continued our way across the many people.

Wow, I'm really really drunk.

But I liked drunken Mia. She for a moment, at least for a brief moment. Had forgotten how much shit she was in and how she was apart from her family, friends, life in general. For a moment she was able to forget those things. Even though the next day would probably not be that great, it gave time to forget. And I need that the most.

I swayed my hips side to side along with the beat of the music. I guess I really do know how to dance. Brandon was dancing from behind me and I pressed my body harder and closer onto his. I raised my arms up in the air and continued to move my hips. Brandon's hands moved down to my waist and he kept them there. I then brought my arms down and placed my hands were his were, on my hips. We both danced along to the music.

"You're a really good dancer" he whispered onto my ear. His voice left chills all over my body but it wasn't like the way Austin's did.

This only encouraged me more. I turned around to face him and placed my arms on his shoulders as I moved my body. The look on his face was priceless. I laughed and continued on. But something happened, I then saw that girl who was dancing topless earlier on. It flashed throughout my mind very quickly. I remembered how drunk and foolish she looked, so young and stupid. Did I look like that?

I stopped dancing. Brandon gave me a strange look but didn't bother to question my weird behavior to suddenly stop dancing. Instead he pushed me out of the crowd and back on to the same place we were when I first saw him. I took a few deep breaths to try and calm myself down. I didn't want to be like that girl. She just looked wrong. So wrong. I needed to cool off. No, I needed to find Cora and Austin so we can all get out of here. I needed to leave.

"Are you still looking for that friend of yours?" Brandon asked.

"Yeah"

"Is it your boyfriend you're looking for?"

I scoffed, "No"

He smirked and nodded slightly. "What's your friends name again? Maybe I can help you find them."

"Cora. Her name is Cora."

"I know her. Come, I know where she is. I can take you" I took his hand and we walked on off.

We squeezed through many people. For a split second I thought I saw Austin but it was probably just my mind playing tricks on me. I wasn't in the best condition right now.

Brandon led me up the stairs and I started to get this feeling he didn't know where Cora was, maybe didn't even know who Cora is.

"Where are we going?!" I yelled over the loud noise for him to hear me.

"To find your friend silly." He laughed and continued to walk upstairs.

And I was proven right. Brandon didn't know who Cora was at all. It clicked to me right after we walked into a room and he closed the door behind him, locking it completely shut.

••••••••••••••••••••••

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Thank you to those who vote & comment! :)