32. "Hes got you under his poisonous spell"

Chp32. "He's got you under his poisonous spell"

--------------------

Dedicated to- AllisonPalacios for her amazing comment, thank you!(:

---------------------

"You're different." Drew spoke up narrowing me with his eyes.

I looked at him and chuckled softly shaking my head. "I'm not."

"You are." Drew insisted.

Four weeks. It had been four weeks. Four weeks of officially being home. Honestly I don't know how I feel, how I'm supposed to feel. I don't know anything, I'm trying to get everything back. Trying to get my life back together and on track, I really am but it's not that easy. I wanted everything to he normal again: I want to forget and move on but I can't do that when I'm being reminded every single day that dad isn't here. Isn't home to tell me to have sweet dreams every night or remind me how much he loves me.

I refused to talk about it. Coming home was a huge challenge and something completely unexpected. But I think trying to explain everything to my mother was even worse. I had still refused to tell her anything that had actually happened. I was being denial with myself. I just wanted my old life back, and I was trying to achieve that. I begged mom to never bring any of whatever happened up, just drop it and move on. So far we were doing okay at pretending all of these bad things never happened. It was hard holding everything in though. And I knew my mom would cry herself to sleep almost each night. It was the worst feeling in the world knowing how messed up your mother's life is all because of you. But I had things to solve on my own now, I hated lying to my mother and not telling her everything. The guilt was eating me alive but I guess I had to live with it. But life moves on, and we all have to eventually. This is how I dealt with things; I avoided them.

"I'm not any different Drew." I said rolling my eyes at his stupid remark. Maybe I was different and so what? I was recovering from all of this, I was trying- I really was.

Drew sighed standing up from my bed. "Well you're acting that way."

"I'm not acting any way. I'm being myself." I argued back only getting more and more frustrated by time.

"Drew, just leave her alone." Macy said cutting in the conversation. Drew gave her his usual death glares before looking away from her and back to me.

A cold breeze came in from the opened window, running chills throughout my entire body. Standing up from my desk, I closed my laptop and made my way to the window from my room and closed it shut. Running a hand through my hair, I leaned against the wall and stared at both Macy and Drew as they stared back at me. A week after I started school again, it was very weird. I just wanted everything to go back to normal, even though I knew not everything could- it was worth a shot. I had missed so much and I had fallen so far behind. But thankfully I was now currently catching up. This was somehow helping a little. And taking extra credit for what I had missed was helping me and graduate on time.

Reuniting with Macy and Drew was heart warming, yet un-comforting in a way. Being the amazing best friends that they are, they never questioned me a lot on what had happened, unlike everyone else. First day back at school was awful, everything was just plain awful. It was becoming harder and harder each day. Trying to move on and pretend nothing had happened to me was something I couldn't handle. Many in town knew about my father's death, he was a great man who was adored by many around here. Everyone pitted mom and I. I didn't need those sorrows. I didn't need anything from anyone.

Apparently many were aware of my sudden disappearance for two months. Luckily though, I highly doubt no one knew the exact reason to it.

"Stop staring at me like that." I raised my voice at my two friends looking at me weirdly and annoyingly as well.

"You're not being yourself these past weeks." Drew's voice had changed into a serious tone.

"I'm being me."

"No." He shook his head with a disappointed look. "You might be Mia..." He paused. "But this-" he gestured with his hand to my entire body in an up and down motion. "Is not the Mia Evans that I know."

Macy stayed quiet as she slowly lowered her eyes down to her lap. I didn't know what to say honestly. I was at a loss of words. I didn't know what he was talking about, but this conversation was only making me getting frustrated and angry. I was being myself.

Or at least that's what I thought.

How the hell did he want me to be then? The little scared girl who always had everything exactly the way she wanted? The one who had everything right going for her? The weak one who couldn't even hold her own emotions? The one who's world just came crumbling down in a heartbeat? That's the Mia Evans he was looking for. But sadly, she was no longer here.

"You'll be bad news too" Austin's words that he had once said to me long ago, came in rushing like lighting. Striking hard and making me forget everything else.

Gaining control of my thoughts again. I saw how Drew looked, lost and confused. Just like me in general at this point. "Drew-"

Giving me no chance to talk to him, Drew interrupted me right away. "I don't know what happened or where you've been these past two months- but it somehow changed you. And I'm still trying to figure out wether if it's for the better or for the worse."

"You sound ridiculous right now." I said as I crossed my arms against my chest. "I haven't changed a bit, I'm still the same best friend you had two months ago."

Shaking his head Drew's eyes looked at me, filled with pure sadness. "I just got you back, now don't make me lose you again."

With that being said, Drew stormed out of my room giving me no absolute chance to talk to him again. I just stood there completely motionless to what had just happened. Drew never once walked out on me, he was my best friend. And it hurt me... He was supposed to be here for me. I've known him for so long and for him to tell me these things was just too shocking for me to take in. He has never talked to me so harshly, it really did stung a little to hear him like that.

However that small pain that I felt because of Drew soon disappeared and was placed by fury. I was uncontrollably furious. It wasn't fair for him to tell me things like this, he had no absolute clue or any right at all.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in, hoping this would calm me down a bit. I was going insane. I don't know what's going on with me, but I feel as if it isn't any good. I've just had it with everything and everyone.

I feel so alone and helpless...

Rolling my eyes annoyingly I shot them right up to Macy, who was still only sitting there on my bed. She only stared back at me. I could tell how many things were running through her mind but in all honesty I didn't really care anymore what people thought of me. Everything that meant the world to me was taken away from my arms. It was all over.

"What?" I snapped at Macy. "Are you going to storm off like him too?" I questioned leaning away from the wall. "Because if you are, just save the time and leave now."

Macy never took her eyes off me, she only continued to look my way as I waited for her to speak.

"I'm not going anywhere..." She finally said shaking her head slowly.

"I wouldn't blame you if you did."

She didn't say anything though. Walking over to my closet I started to look for my pajamas. I was ready to just get everything over with and sleep peacefully.

I was already frustrated enough because of Drew, and now I didn't want this to start all over again because of Macy as well. They were my best friends- my only friends. Sure I talked to people but not like I talked to them. Drew was like my brother, and Macy like my sister. But right now I didn't even know anymore. I hadn't even bothered to talk to anyone at school, I always avoided them, except for Macy and Drew of course. Every day since I was back only became harder. I was so close to my breaking point.

I dug around in my closet until I had finally settled for a pair of shorts and an old t-shirt. The TV was off so there was a pretty big awkward silence between Macy and I. And I really don't think I have ever had something like this with Macy. We always had something to talk about, wether it was something so stupid or pointless- it didn't matter. Because with her, I could talk about anything and it would always be entertaining. Except for today...

I was pushing everyone away and I felt it.

After a while of not talking and just awkwardly sitting there in my room, Macy's voice quickly lit up the room.

"It's him, isn't it?" Her voice sounded weak, but assuring. It had an unexplainable tone. Something so different from the usual Macy.

"What?" I said turning away from the mirror and placing my eyes on her, sitting on my bed as her hands were held together and her look was devious.

"It's him." She repeated the second time, only time she was informing me, not questioning me.

I didn't even know what to say. It was something so strange. I wasn't sure what she was talking about, but I was starting to get a familiar feel to what it truly was. I usually never had much serious talks with Macy, unless I was feeling down- which was rarely. I was always upbeat and happy. And mostly I was the only one who gave Macy advice and helped her out with her problems. It had never been the other way around. So everything was very awkward and unusual for me. I was unfamiliar with all of this.

"Who?" I questioned her, but I had a feeling I knew exactly who she was referring to.

I waited for her to say his name, and she finally did. "Austin"

A exhaled a breath I didn't even know I was holding in. How much did she know? Because according to my mother, all of this mess was between her and I and no one else. I wasn't ready to talk about this. About anything, I wasn't ready for anything at all.

"What are you talking about?" I said questioning Macy. I was going to play dumb, it was what I could only do.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about." She argued back, crossing her arms against her chest.

"No, I don't know what the hell you're talking about."

Macy scoffed. "Drew is right. How long are you going to keep this up? Mia, we know." She spoke loudly, standing up from the bed. "Drew and I know about you and Austin. It's no secret."

I was more than confused at this point. And I had then came to a conclusion that Macy and I both weren't talking about the same thing. Instead, she was talking about something completely different and untrue.

"Austin?" I raised an eyebrow at Macy. "Austin and I? What do you mean?"

"There's been numerous rumors going around about it."

This completely caught me off guard. I had no clue to what Macy was talking about. Was Drew acting this way because of this? What exactly was going on?

"What rumors?" I asked.

"Don't play this game with me, Mia. I know you too well. We are best friends for crying out loud!" She said throwing her hands in the air to state her point across.

"Macy-" I shook my head. "I'm being serious, I don't know anything... What rumors?"

Hesitant at first, I could tell Macy was battling with herself on wether or not to tell me. Giving in, she tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear before opening her mouth again. "Everyone has been talking about it for a while now, since it is Austin Mahone." She said. "But I just can't believe it's you. It had to be you..."

"Macy if you don't tell me right now, I'm going to-"

"There's many rumors about you and Austin- That he had persuade you to run away with him." Macy explained.

"What?? That's not true!" I insisted.

It was all too much. I didn't know where everyone was getting this sort of information from but it needed to be stopped. This was way far from the truth. But I was relieved it was this instead of the actual situation that had happened.

"I just can't believe you did it..." She shook her head as she looked down. "You fell for his games... You know how he was- how he is. And yet, you fell for it all."

I ran a hand through my entire face, frustrated. I can't believe she's falling for this. "Macy. None of this is true."

Macy came closer to me. "Mia don't lie to me!" She said a bit too loudly. "Both Annie and Shelly said that they had seen you and Austin walking into a motel together."

Annie was your everyday typical American girl, she was everything a guy wanted in a girl. She was in my geometry class back in my sophomore year. And shelly was her little sidekick, they were always together. I was wondering how they saw us at that motel that was way far away from our town. It was impossible, still they saw us. I couldn't deny that, I was a horrible liar.

"Mia... He's only going to hurt you." Macy said. "He's no good and you know it. Everyone says so."

"Since when do you listen to everyone?" I snapped getting pissed off.

"I started listening to everyone since I know that they are right. He's only using you, and after he's done having his fun, he's going to throw you away like you're nothing." Macy said reasoning. "You and I saw it happen way too many times, to way too many girls. I thought you knew better."

"You don't even know him!"

"And you don't either. Don't you hear what people say about him?"

I shook my head. "Macy-" I started, "he's different, okay? He's not like that."

"I can't believe it." She scoffed. "Can't you see? Don't you see that is happening right now?" She fussed. "He already has you wrapped around his finger."

"It's nothing like that. He's just misunderstood. You can't always be fooled by people. Gossip is gossip, rumors are rumors. He's not all that bad. He's..." I paused. "He's Austin" I lowered my eyes briefly shrugging.

Macy was quiet for a second, but it didn't last long. "Wow." She said shaking her head disappointed. "You're even defending him."

"There's nothing between Austin and I." I said trying to convince her with the truth. "Those are just lies."

"I don't know what to believe anymore."

"You should believe me."

Everything was moving far way too quickly. I couldn't get through Macy, how can she not understand. I know Austin is known for all the shit people talk about him, and yeah some might be true. But it takes one person to see the good in people. He was just misunderstood, I get that. If he really was that bad as people say, he wouldn't have helped me at all. I don't know why I'm defending him but it's not fair how everyone is always judging each other without even knowing the real person. And lastly, making up false information. False information that implies to me as well.

"I thought you were better than that." Macy's eyes were placed on me again. "But I guess I was wrong. He's got you under his poisonous spell."

I couldn't comprehend what was occurring. She is supposed to me on my side, she's supposed to believe me.

"You have to believe me."

"I can't when you're not telling me what's going on." She argued. "You go missing for two months and when I ask your mom where you are she refuses to tell me... And you haven't brought anything about it up. I've been waiting for you to but you never do. What is this?"

Shaking my head I continued to look at Macy. "I can't tell you."

"Of course" she laughed sarcastically. "And you still want me to believe you..."

"I thought you were my best friend." My voice broke, it made me sound so weak and I hated it. But that's how I felt at the moment. I felt empty.

"Yeah?" Macy's eyebrows raised. "I thought you were my best friend too, but apparently best friends tell each other everything, and you haven't."

It hurt. It hurt a lot. My eyes stung but I had to hold myself. I wasn't going to crak, not here and definitely not now.

Macy's voice spoke up again. "I just don't understand why you're choosing him over me."

"I'm not choosing anyone because none if this is true!" I raised my voice annoyed.

"Doesn't seem like it." Macy retorted.

I've had enough of it. I was done with it, with Macy, with Drew. I was tired of it. Everything was falling apart right in front of me. My own friends didn't even believe me. But this argument with Macy, was too much. I need to be alone, I couldn't keep arguing.

"I'm going to need you to leave." I finally said after I had it with all of this mess.

Macy though confused by my sudden demand only stared at me. "What?" She questioned.

"You heard me." I spoke weakly and shamelessly. "You need to leave, Macy..."

Macy's face expression was changing dramatically. I could tell how hurt she was because of this. But I couldn't continue, it was only hurting me more. I was just wanted to be alone right now.

After a while of standing there Macy finally made her decision as well. "Fine." She spoke before storming away from my room just like Drew did earlier on, and slamming the door shut behind her.

The silence quickly took over me and my room. And in that moment I realized, I was left alone. Left alone once again. Everyone that I cared about was leaving me, and I couldn't do a single thing about it.

--------------------------------

VOTE VOTE VOTE!!(: