59. "Sweet bitterness"

Chp59. "Sweet Bitterness"

(MUST read the author's note at the end of chapter)

*** This chapter contains strong language***

_______________________

________________________

3 weeks later

Austin's Point Of View

Weeks had passed since I last seen Mia. It wasn't like we didn't communicate considering how we texted back and forth but I gotta admit it... shit just wasn't the same since the last time I saw her.

I couldn't quite put my finger on it but it was some sketchy shit. She's been getting me to plot against Riley, the one man who raised me.

I know she deserves every single right to if I'm being honest but from me personally... I'm not used to turning on people that have been loyal to me. He was a fucked up individual but the whole situation was messed up.

You seem to have forgotten all the shit you had to go through for this girl you wanted and still want... and now you don't even want to help the girl out. My mind didn't seem to shut up.

"I for real gotta lay off with the pot." I say to myself as I place my blunt down into a small tray.

"You all good, homes?" Riley's words seem to come into my head at full force as he steps into the living room.

"Yeah, all has been good. Why? What's up?" I reply.

Riley gives me a look with furrowed eyebrows before taking a hit off his own blunt and shaking his head at me slowly.

"Nothing." He replied bluntly. "To be real with you... you've been acting all types of weird ever since I got back. You sure you all good? Is business good?"

I sighed thinking to myself if he truly knows what's been up. He couldn't have though cause if so, I'm sure I'd be a dead man walking by now. And Riley is a type of action man, he would've done something by now.

"Man Riley... you know business is good, we're at the highest peak right now. Why you stressing?" I lowly chuckle as I lean my back into the couch.

"Shit been going smooth." I finish off.

Riley took one last hit as he glared over to me from across the room. "Hm, I expect. Once your high wears off, you got shit to do... remember that." With those as his finals words, he walked out leaving me all in the room alone.

-

-

-

It was past midnight and I had just now gotten home after getting done what needed to get done. The lights in my room were all off hoping it would give off that I didn't want to be bothered by anyone when in reality I was only just sneaking Mia in.

"You're good. No one saw, I think they're sleep." I said exhausted with a yawn.

"Seems like you're getting to that point as well. Don't fall asleep on me now either, I got shit we have to talk about." She replied with attitude in her voice as she carelessly threw her small jacket on the floor and threw her body straight onto my bed.

I've been lowkey sneaking her in at least every night, and each night is the same fucking thing.

We go over whatever she wants us to go over, I agree like an idiotic fuck while she always gets her way.