35. "I was becoming addicted"

Chp35. "I was becoming addicted"

-------------------------

Dedicated to - MahoneIsLife ;I luvs yuh

------------------------

"See that girl, she knows I'm watching. She likes the way I stare."

----

The tension seemed to grow and grow by second. There he was- just right there, not too far away from me. It was surreal I'd have to say. Not seeing him for so long and now he just suddenly appears. He had a red cup in his hand, he has been drinking. But he looked completely sober to me.

His eyes continued to scan me nonstop. They roamed my entire body from head to toe. He was wearing all black, it made me him look dangerous and most definitely mysterious- it didn't look like him. And for once he wasn't wearing a beanie, instead his hair was out revealing his messy curls laying on top of his head. I stared back at him, I wanted to. I didn't know why the hell this certain feeling was taking over me, but I would be lying if I said I didn't like it. Because one thing was for sure, I loved it.

Austin still stood there leaning against the wall across from me, the distance was far but not too far. He had no expression written upon his face. His lips were former into a thin line as he only looked at me with those eyes of his. I ran a hand trough my hair and postured my body, I didn't want to look bad or a mess. In fact, I wanted to look actually pretty attractive. If he was only going to stand there looking at me, I might as well give him a good show to enjoy.

It felt very unconventional. I wasn't really used to people looking at me the way Austin was right now. It was always those quick glances someone gave me before turning way. Either that or when they simply looked or stared at you because you are doing something weird, unfamiliar or unusual. This however was exotic. And strangely enough, I enjoyed every second of it. The way his eyes were on me and only me. The countless amount of beautiful girls in this room, and yet here he was with all of his attention towards me. It didn't matter why he was staring, many reasons could be- but I didn't care, just as long as he didn't stop.

I could be your movie and you could watch me all day...

Nothing was helping at this point. I tried my best to focus on something else- something that wasn't Austin. But that was basically impossible, somehow my eyes always seemed to find their way back to him. I wanted to talk to him, I really did. But that wouldn't be such a good idea. What would I say? Does he even want to talk to me? After all of this the last thing he wants to do is probably talk to me, I had caused him so many problems. This is why he decided it would be best if I had just left him alone. And so I did, but now he's back and he is still standing over there making the situation more awkward.

In a matter of seconds I found myself getting completely angry. Matter of fact, I was furious. He left me. He wanted me to leave him alone. And even though I did wanted to go home at the end of the day, I didn't think it would be just like that. Messing around with me like I'm someone to play with and then just telling me to leave. This wasn't how things worked. I knew he was going to do just that in no time, but still. And that quick emotion I felt while Austin was staring at me from across the room, had simply been replaced with nothing but pure anger, heated anger.

Taking my eyes off my lap I brought them back up again. I glanced at where Austin was leaning against the wall from before, the same place. Only this time there was a difference- Austin had left. Out of sight, not to be found. I scanned around looking, hoping I'd see him again. But it was no use, he was gone.

"Are you ready to go?" A voice interrupted my thoughts. It was Macy.

I was caught off guard, her voice quickly scared me a little. But I composed myself again. "Huh?" I replied still searching through the crowd of people.

Macy noticed exactly what I was doing and she joined as well, scanning around along with me. "Who are you looking for?" She questioned curiously.

I stopped right away in my tracks. If she were to see Austin here she would know right away that I was looking for him. And I couldn't let that happen, not after the whole argument and denying I had done before. This would only prove her right even though everything was nothing but lies.

"What are you talking about?" I made sure I was looking at only her while I was speaking. I wasn't going to give it away.

Macy sighed frustrated, placing a hand on her hip while looking at me stirnly. "Stop answering my questions with another question." She shook her head at me. "I asked you who you were looking for. Your eyes were scanning everywhere."

"Oh" I bluntly replied lowering my head to my skirt. "It was no one, I was actually looking for you because I had thought you left." I smiled satisfied with my answer, I was a bit surprised on how good that excuse was. My excuses usually sucked.

Macy bought it though. "Oh Mia" she breathed out. "You know I wouldn't leave you." Grabbing my arm, she helped me up from the couch. "I'm going to the bathroom real quick and when I come back, we'll leave. Okay?"

"Okay"

With that Macy made her way through the crowd. And so I decided to start making my way to the exit and just wait for her there. Along the way, I was being pushed around from the moving bodies dancing around to the loud music blasting from the speakers. It was really annoying but I needed to get out of here. I shouldn't had come here in the first place, I spent the whole time sitting down watching everyone around me having fun, and thinking about a person who didn't even deserve to be on my mind.

I was getting closer and closer to the door- my exit, until my eyes had caught sight of something. Something I did not like on bit. I felt the blood flowing trough my veins right away. It took one simple look to somehow set me completely off.

If was him, it was Austin. And surprise surprise, no other than some chick shoving herself onto him. I kept telling myself I didn't care, that it was his life and he could do anything he wanted. Even if that meant being all promiscuous with girl he see's, it wouldn't be my problem. I shouldn't care, it shouldn't bother me. But it did, as much as I tried to deny it- it did bother me, it bothered me a lot.

Why are you acting this way?

I don't know.

This is not like you...

I know.

Stop it.

I can't.

And that was the truth, I couldn't stop what I was currently feeling, and I really hated it all together. I stood there in the middle of everyone dancing, only looking at Austin and that girl. How close they were, how she was throwing herself at him, and how much he seemed to be enjoying it. I hated it.

Austin's eyes met mines right away. He saw me there looking at him. But he didn't stop, not once. Instead he did one thing that really made me want to punch a wall and possibly beat him to death.

He gave me that side smirk he knew exactly how to do. And just when I thought he was done with it, Austin also winked at me.

That bastard winked at me. This found a way to make extremely heated. My breathing was speeding up as I curled my hands into fists. And right then and there I stormed off. I couldn't stand to see him with that girl or him in general.

I didn't even notice where I was now due to current frustration. Until I finally looked around and right away I knew I was in the kitchen. I had no idea whatsoever on who's party this was but it seemed that they were living large considering their kitchen was huge and packed with food and snacks for everyone. But right now the last thing on my mind was food. I leaned my body against the counter in hope to calm myself down. It wasn't really helping but I needed some support for my body, and the counter was providing just that.

"Mia?" I heard.

I didn't bother to turn around. It was only going to be a waste of my damn time. I was all ready to get the hell out of here. I still felt the anger building up inside me, though this feeling wasn't just anger. It was something else. Seeing that image replaying over once, twice, and many other times in my head was only making that feeling grow more by second. It was so unfamiliar to me, I've never acted such way over something so simple like this.

No matter how much I denied it to myself, I knew deep down it really annoyed me. I tried to not let it get to me, but that was becoming a challenge. Therefore it was still stuck inside me, eating me alive. But that didn't last for long, it made it's turn in disappearing right when his hands were set on my hips.

Austin was behind me. The way he felt, the way his body felt against me, and his smell. It had to be him. And now my inference was confirmed once he faintly whispered in my ear something I was never going to forget.

"Did you miss me?" He said, making sure his lips were pressed against my ear.

Austin was still behind me as I was leaning up against the counter. He pushed his body up against mine. His arms parted from my hips and slowly wrapping them around my waist. It felt different having him hug me from behind. We were so close, eliminating any space between us. I could feel his breath ticking around my neck.

Why was it that he always found a way to leave me breathless. "N-no" I lied, and he new damn well I was lying. He knew how weak he could make me, and I hated that.

Austin chuckled slightly beside my ear making the hair on the back of my neck stand up. "You stuttered." He noted, tightening his arms around me.

Fuck. He knew it and I knew it. When I stutter- that was a major giveaway. A sign of weakness, and at this point I was weak, so damn weak.

"I did not." I argued back.

Austin slowly lowered his head towards my neck before kissing it slowly. "Now, now-" he said, "there's no need to lie.

His lips felt so soft and warm against my skin, something I haven't felt in such a long time. Each time he left a kiss, I would get a sudden rush. And things weren't supposed to be this way. I wanted to stop it but it felt as a need, a need that I was craving badly. After standing there for a while, Austin finally turned my entire body around to face him. His eyes were roaming me entirely, just like before. This time however I didn't feel exposed- I felt just right. But this wasn't just right, it wasn't right at all. And I knew it too well.

His hands found their way around my entire body before placing them on my lower back as he pushed his chest closer to me. Slowly then, Austin kissed my jawline gently, making me emotionless. He knew how to control me, and he made sure I knew that.

"Austin..." My voice came out hoarse,"stop." I demanded making sure my voice was stern. I didn't want him to stop. I wanted him to continue, and he did just that.

But I wasn't going to let it happen as much as I wanted to. This was starting to become a habit of mines. It was starting to feel as if he was a drug and I needed more- I was becoming addicted.

Making my final decision, I placed both my hands to Austin's chest and shoved him slightly. "We- we can't do this..." I whispered to him.

Surprisingly though Austin stopped. His eyes took a sight of me, waiting for me, waiting for me to give him the signal to continue. But I wasn't planning to. When he realized I was actually being serious. The look on his face took a turn, he now looked annoyed and possibly concerned. With him I couldn't really tell.

Austin sighed separating his body from mines. Making eye contact with me, he licked his lips. "Why not?"

"Because..."

"I mean..." He started coming closer to me once again. He knew just how to make me give in, and I was so close to as well. "You and I both know you want this..." He replied. The next move he made took my breath away. With his hand he ran it entirely through my leg and placed it on my thigh to stay for a brief moment. The chills and the way it felt left me wanting it- wanting him.

"I don't want anything- and I certainly don't want you." I rolled my eyes smacking his hand away from me, making him give a quick laugh.

I am probably the worst liar ever.

"Yeah, okay." He chuckled stepping away from me. "You keep telling yourself that and just maybe you'll start to believe it."

I shook my head in disbelief. "You're an ass."

In reply, Austin simply shrugged carelessly placing both his hands inside of his pockets. "I'll see you around Mia..." He lastly said before walking away. Pausing he stopped walking and turned his head back a little to the side. "Or maybe not."

That was the last thing he had said to me before he left me there to wonder a million things. A million things with no answers at all. And at one point a thought crossed my mind; was he aware of the way I was feeling? Was it that obvious?

But I guess that's something I would never really know about. Out of all the things I've heard about Austin, one was still proven right. Austin was a mystery, a mystery that was yet to be solved.

---------------------------

So I guess the ship for Austin and Mia is "Austia" everyone wanted that one the most!

VOTE!!!