23. "You're following my orders"

Chp23. "You're following my orders"

••••••••••••

••••••••••••

It was dark and quiet. I was almost sure I was going to fall asleep any second. I heard yelling coming from downstairs, it sounded much like Riley. I blocked him out only to save myself from being terrified by him. This whole time being in this empty closet, I felt like I was seriously going to stay in here forever as the walls felt like they were closing in on me. And I couldn't breath or do anything else. But then I remembered what Austin told me to do if this were to happen again. I followed his instructions from what I remembered and it seemed to work. I was back to normal and there was plenty of room for me to breath.

My eyes were getting low and ready to close fully. But before they were able to do just that, I heard a noise. And another.

Quickly I picked myself up from the floor and stepped back. "Austin?" I said, my voice coming out hoarse. The steps grew louder and louder, they were getting much closer.

"It's me." I heard Austin's voice. It was weird how he sounded. He sounded so distant.

The closet's door opened, revealing Austin's figure standing there. I exhaled a sigh of relief. I hugged my shoulders and tried my best to hide my entire self in the oversized sweater I was currently wearing. It didn't work out so good, I was still visible.

"H-how did it go?" I stuttered.

Austin took some steps closer to me. "C'mon." He spoke as he took my hand and pulled me out of the dark closet and now in the hallway. Austin licked his lips and brought his eyes to me. "We're okay for now."

A huge weight was lifter off my shoulders. I felt ten pounds lighter, as stupid as that might sound; I really did. I was hoping I'd hear those words. I wanted to know I was going to be okay. I would be going home. Finally. I got so caught up in the moment that I didn't realize my arms were around Austin. Oh my god, I was hugging him. I'm pretty sure Austin isn't the hugging type.

"Sorry." I mumbled, feeling my cheeks heating up with embarrassment. I parted myself away from Austin and made sure we had a good amount of distance between us.

Austin shook his head and did a half smirk as he chuckled softly. "It's fine. I just need a few things to figure out."

"Wait, what do you mean a few things to figure out?"

Despite the distance that was between us, Austin brought his body to mine. And narrowed his head lowly. "You didn't actually start to believe that everything was just going to blow over, did you?" He raised his eyebrows at me. "Because it's surely not."

I stepped away from him again. It was making me uncomfortable every single time he would get so close to me. Like the previous time, where our lips had touched and possibly if Damon hadn't interrupted; would have led to something more. I didn't want it to. Well maybe I did at some point. It's amazing how it can just be brushed off like nothing had happened. Austin did an amazing job at forgetting, as for me... not so much. I wanted to, believe me I did. But every time he would be close to me, I felt like it would happen again. I didn't wanted it to. He's no good and I'm a pathetic girl. We just didn't fit.

I told myself it was a need for affection, where I needed it the most. At a time like this, my dad gone, in the middle of nowhere- I just wanted to feel wanted. But I knew I was never going to get that. I had accepted it.

"What do you mean?" I breathed out. "I'm allowed to go home now. I am going home, regardless."

"No you're not." Austin argued back. Taking yet again another step closer to me. But this time I had no space to step away from him. I was trapped between the wall and him. Not the best situation.

"Yes. I am." I snapped at him.

"I said you're not." As if it were possible , Austin stepped closer to me. The tension was going to kill me.

I was getting heated. I was furious. He crossed the line, he wasn't allowed to tell me what to do. Everything was just over and I wasn't going to let him drag me in this mess again. I was going to fight back. It was the time for me to finally go home. I wasn't going to let him ruin it, no- not this time.

I took both my hands and shoved Austin with all my force I was able to give. He only moved but wasn't able to step back. How strong was he? "You don't own me, you can't tell me what to do!" I yelled furiously.

"As long as you're with me-" he ran a hand through his hair. "You're following my orders. Got it?" He growled. His eyes were alive. The veins on his hands, arms and some on his neck popped. Both his hands were into fists. I wasn't going to let him run me. I am and will go home.

"I never wanted to be stuck with you in the first place. I am not doing whatever you say. I'm going home." I demanded.

Austin groaned, which startled me a bit. "It's not safe for you!" he screamed in my face.

My breathing was speeding up. I felt the blood boiling inside my body. "I just- I just want to..."

"Want to what? Huh? What is it that you want?" He challenged me.

"You make want to-" I stopped unable to fully finish.

"Fucking say it already!"

"Hit you!" I finally said. "You make me want to hit you and- and beat you to death."

"After all the shit I did for you?" He looked at me angrily.

I looked back at him, only twice as angry as he was. Is he really serious? Does he want me to get on my knees and kiss his feet as I thank him? For what? For fucking everything up for me, that's what. "You did nothing but make my life a living hell!" I argued back.

He nodded his head and licked his lips aggressively. "Fine." He shrugged. "Do it."

"Do what?" I said between gritted teeth as I tried to calm myself.

"Hit me." Austin came closer to me. Face to face. "Hit me then. If you want to do it so bad, then hit me. Or are you scared?" He raised an eyebrow, but his face expression had never changed. He was still fuming with anger.

Fine. If this is what he wanted, I would give it to him. It would be my pleasure. I didn't hesitate, brining my hand up; I was ready to slap him. But before my hand was even about to touch his cheek, Austin took my hand and held it in the air. Seconds later, his eyes went softer and he pushed his body onto mines, pushing both of us against the wall.

Seconds later Austin's lips crashed into mines. Everything was going too fast. When my lips touched his, my mind went completely blank. I didn't know what the hell I was doing or what I was supposed to do. I only had one boyfriend in my entire life and that was in six grade, which we only kissed once and it wasn't really a real kiss since it was a peck on the lips only. However, Austin seemed to have lots of experience. It took me a while to suddenly react but I found myself kissing him back. I didn't know what I was doing or if I was even doing it right but I just followed his lead. His entire body was pushed up against mine and little me, was pressed against the wall.

I came to realization that this was my actual real fist kiss. And it was with Austin, Austin Mahone. Oh my god, I am completely clueless to what I'm doing.

I felt Austin's tongue touch my bottom lip. I did nothing, I only followed along to what he was doing. He did it again, this time I opened my mouth a little and right away I felt Austin's tongue touch the tip of mines. Deepening the kiss, Austin took the lead once again. Finally, Austin was the one who broke away first, he stayed there looking at me as he was trying to catch his breath. I was breathing hard and the whole house seemed to be on fire. It was really hot and I was panicking.

My mind returned from being blanked out for a few seconds and reality struck. I shoved Austin away and this time, he did step back. He was looking confused but then I made that look disappear from his face when my hand connected with his cheek; I had just slapped him.

"You know- that is not the reaction I usually get after I kiss someone." He said with no emotion. I wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic or not.

I stepped away from the wall and a little far away from him. "Well, maybe you shouldn't go around kissing people." I snapped.

"Oh don't fucking pretend you didn't enjoy that. I'm doing you a favor, babe. And you're looking at it as if I committed a crime." He rolled his eyes and leaned against the wall studying me.

"I'm pretty sure you wouldn't mind committing another crime." I stated quoting the word crime with my fingers. "Considering the fact that's probably your hobby." I took no time in adding last sentence. "And I didn't enjoy that."

Austin came closer to me. "First of all," he started. "You don't know me. You don't know shit about me. So I suggest you shut that pretty little mouth of yours." Austin's eyes changed to a darker shade that they were from before. "And second of all, if you say that you didn't enjoy it- then why the hell did you kiss me back?"

"I didn't eve-"

Austin didn't bother to hear my response, he interrupted me. "And if I'm not mistaken Mia- I'm pretty sure I was your first kiss." He smirked.

I stiffened my body and held my head up high. "And what makes you think that huh? You don't even know me- heck I went to school with you for years and just now you know who I am. You're clueless about everything."

"But I'm not clueless about the fact that you surely did enjoy that kiss." He mocked.

"You're a waist of my damn time."

He laughed and looked at me again. "Why are you so denial?" He questioned. "Why are you afraid to accept the fact that I am your first kiss and you actually enjoyed it?"

"You don't know anything. You-"

"It's pretty obvious. You were clueless at first but I admit- you're a fast leaner and picked up on what you are supposed to do right away." He nodded at me.

"Shut. Up." I said between gritted teeth.

"Now tell me," Austin tilted his head to the side. "How great of a kisser am I?"

That's it. I charged to Austin and started hitting him on the shoulder, on my last hit, he took my hand but I quickly pulled it away.

"By now you should realize nothing you do is or can hurt me." He said.

"You seriously make me want to hate you so much."

"-but you don't." He stated. And I groaned at how frustrated he was making me. I tried to keep a blush to stay away from my cheeks, that will make it worse. "Now let's just establish this- you are not going home. It's not the time."

"You're trying to make my life worse." I said angrily.

"I'm only trying to keep you safe." Austin stepped away from me and put his hands in his pockets. "Riley isn't stupid. He will send people to check by around where you live and keep tabs. He wants to make sure you're completely gone." He slowly bit his bottom lip. "And if he sees you home, he'll know and find you right away. We don't want to risk it."

I stood quiet. I hate to admit it but now that I had reasoned, he was right. It was way too risky for me do go home now. But I needed to contact mom. I needed to check up on her, I needed to know if she was safe.

"Is everything okay?" There appeared Damon. He had a concerned look on his face. "I heard screaming coming from downstairs."

"Everything is fine, Damon." Austin rolled his eyes. "We just had an argument since someone wanted to be stubborn."

"Austin are you sure it wasn't you?" Damon looked at Austin suspiciously. "We all know how you get."

"Keep talking Damon and I will show you exactly how I get." He said mocking Damon, which completely shut him up.

--

The rest of the night was a blur. Damon offered us dinner and we all ate in the dinning room together. Which indeed, was very awkward. Except for Stella, who according to Damon- she had gone out. We ate and headed off to bed, I was luckily left with the guest room and no Austin. He decided to sleep on a couch downstairs, but then Damon offered to give up his bed since he was the guest; that was nice of Damon.

I didn't want to face Austin, he was giving me mixed emotions. All I was thinking about was that stupid kiss or wether to slap him again. Sadly though, my emotions got the best of me once again. I thought about my dad and everything else that was going wrong in my life. I cried myself to sleep. And that was all I remembered until everything became a blur.

•••••••••••••

•••••••••••••