11. "Enjoy the ride"

Chp11. "Enjoy the ride"

---------

---------

The rest of the day I spent with Cora. And only because Austin didn't bother to tag along, he grabbed a slice of pizza and walked off. So it was only just Cora and I left but I was okay with it.

I know it has only been a short period of time but I became good friends with Cora. We just clicked. And I was glad too- honestly, since growing up I didn't really have any girl friends to hang with. I only had Macy, but that's only because she gets me. Most of the time I hung out with the guys. I've just gotten better along with them. And no, that didn't conclude referring me as being 'one of the guys' or as they say. I was such a girly girl and everyone knew that. Of course I wasn't like those cliché girly girls you always see. I just loved wearing skirts and dresses so much.

Cora told me more about herself. She told me how she met Austin which apparently it was when they were 5 years old. She told me how they became great friends over family. She also told me why she got that tattoo of the rose and the falling petals. "Since my middle name is Rose I decided to get a rose tattoo. And the petals represented my life at the time. It was falling apart" she said

I knew right away how much of a strong person Cora is. And maybe we can actually still be friends after this whole mess. I always wanted more girls to hand out with. And Cora could possibly help me out with that.

That night I slept with the sheets covering my entire body. But the morning after wasn't good- not that any morning is good here anyways. I had woken up with a nightmare. It was when I was eight years old, I remember that day clearly. I had come home from school and I saw my dad there- on the floor. He was unconscious. He looked... dead. The rest was just a blur. And till this day I still don't know what really happened. All I know is that my dad had made me promise not to mention anything to mom. I did what I was told.

I was still in the room now. Cora let me borrow some of her clothes, it was a pretty pastel pink skirt following along with a white tank top. And a lace cardigan. Also the kind girl she is, let me borrowed some of her makeup. I have looked like complete shit these past days.

I stood in front of the mirror softly combing my long brown hair. I repeated this step about a thousand times now, but I didn't know what else to do.

There was a small knock and the door and seconds later it flung open.

"Good morning" it was Cora. Thank god.

"Hi" I smiled "thanks for letting me borrow some of your stuff, but you didn't have to"

She waved her hand off "Oh, no. Don't worry about it."

I only smiled back again.

"I know this is hard for you"

"-and I wish I could help but- it's not up to me"

"I know." I sighed

I slowly released a few sobs "I- I just want to... go home" I whispered

"Don't cry, you'll ruin your makeup"

I laughed. And then she laughed and we wore both there just laughing.

"Thanks Cora, I know I only just met you yesterday but you've actually been so nice to me and I've been wondering... well why?"

"Because. When I was down and lost there was no one there for me. Not even Austin. And I just want to do something right for once"

"Are you ready-" the floor swung open showing Austin in some denim jeans and a black tank top showing off his tone arms. And surprisingly he didn't have a beanie or hat on his head this time.

Cora shot daggers to Austin noting that she was angry or annoyed

But he didn't even bother to look at Cora, ignoring her he asked "what are you wearing?"

Ouch. That basically screamed out 'why are you wearing that? You look uglier than before" thanks Austin.

"This?" I pointed to my outfit. Austin nodded.

"It's mine. I let her borrow it" Cora spat out

He still didn't look at her. Continuing to ignore her as if she wasn't even there. He kept his gaze locked on me and only me. I hated when he looked at me like that. His hazel eyes slowly studying me. I felt self conscious and most importantly uncomfortable. I hated it so much.

"Whatever" he said

"It's only going to harder for you to walk in those shoes anyway after we get to the place where we are supposed to go." Austin told me pointing at my feet.

They were sandals, not heels. They were comfortable. Guys are so fucking clueless; why do they even try?

I was about to ask him where we were going but one thing I learned in this house is to not ask Austin questions. Because if I do, the scene from yesterday will repeat all over again. I didn't want that.

"I should get going" Cora excused herself out of the room

Moments later Austin grabbed my arm- correction, pulled my arm harshly. It wasn't like those times when he would take my hand and intertwine his fingers with mine- no. He was pulling which was only hurting me slowly.

"Now let me just remind you that if you try anything stupid with me you'll be fucking sorry- I'll make sure of that" he hissed under his breath.

Rushing us out of the room he made me speed walk down the massive stairs into the main door of the house. We were outside now.

It had been days since I've been out. I have always been trapped inside and feeling this weather made it a little better but only a little. For a second I thought Austin was going to make me get in his motorbike like those clichés where the bad boy always has a motorbike. I was not going to get in that thing if he forced me to. The fact that I had a skirt one was one thing but only if I did get on I would be risking my life.

Lucky for me, Austin led us to an all black Ferrari. Which I'm guessing was his, fancy cars. This guy bathes in money. Him being the selfish jerk he is, he got in the car not bothering to open the door for me. Not that I was actually expecting him to but a little change wouldn't hurt him.

"Either you're getting in or I'm running you over" he rolled his eyes

"Being polite wouldn't hurt" I sighed to myself.

I'm guessing her heard me anyways because he replied with a small please.

I got in the car and I didn't even get a chance to put on my seatbelt steady. Austin had rushed out.

"Enjoy the ride" he said forming a small smirk on his lips as his hazel eyes gleamed.

The noise coming from the all black Ferrari was roaring like thunder. He was speeding in the highway. It definitely felt like a speed car chase. As if the cops were on our tail because Austin and I committed a murder and we were trying to get away with it. I was sad to admit that I enjoyed it so much. Even though I was completely scared for my life.

Austin let the windows roll down and the gust of wind hit us both. My hair was everywhere- when I finally managed to tame it down a bit. The wind turned in to a small nice breeze and it hit perfectly all over me. We were still speeding, he was dodging cars way too much. But somehow I loved the way it made me feel.

"Why are you smiling so hard?"

I didn't realize I was smiling until I actually caught myself doing it. Fuck. I didn't want him to think I liked how he was just speeding us away. I wanted to be like him- present myself to others emotionless.

"You like it don't you?" he said not letting his eyes leaving the road.

"What?" I asked confused even though I knew exactly what he meant

"You like it"

"Like what?"

"When I do this-"

Austin turned the car to the next lane almost crashing to the car next to us. Something rushed inside me. But I wasn't scared, not yet anyways. When he noticed my face expression Austin only sped even more faster this time. Dodging every single car in his way.

But then Austin tried dodging this one car but somehow the car wasn't going for it. Suddenly somehow the car tried dodging us instead, he got in front of us, Austin wasn't aware of what was going on since he wasn't looking at the road.

"Austin!!" I shouted at him in pure panic, he looked and quickly the car was now in front of us. That was way too close. Maybe this wasn't as fun as before.

"Slow down" I cried out in fear "please" I added

He didn't say anything but actually listened to me and we drove off to our destination- which i have no idea where it was- slow and steady like we should have in the first place.

----------

VOTE!!!