Chapter One-Hundred Ninety-Two

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter 192

EPOV

I hate moving. Really, I do. In comparison to other moves I'd endured, this one was pretty simple, but uprooting myself for six months just for two classes and an internship, it all seemed worthless.

Do you what I hate more than moving?

Driving Bella to the airport and watching her go.

That is fucking hell...I feel like my heart is being wrenched out of my soul.

That's not dramatic at all, Cullen.

We spent the rest of the weekend making love, getting myself situated in my house, cleaning out the nasty bathrooms, making love in the shower after cleaning the nasty bathrooms, buying a shit-ton of candles, making love in the candle light, exploring Newton Street and almost making love in a cab on the way home from Newton Street because I'm a horny bastard.

After my first day of classes, which were harder than I remembered, and my meetings at the law firm, I took Bella out to dinner prior to driving her to Logan International. We had gone back to Newton Street, going to Fiorella's Italian restaurant. I ordered us a bottle of wine and some appetizers. Bella was anxiously twisting her ring. In her eyes, they were impossibly sad.

"Bella," I whispered, taking her hand in mine. "We'll see each other in a month. I'm flying back for Valentine's Day."

"I know. It's just that you're not twenty minutes away anymore," she sighed, kissing my knuckles. "More like a five hour flight." Looking up at me, she gave me a sad little smile. "I'll be fine. Just trying to come to grips that my handsome, sexy and studly security blanket is living in Cambridge, Mass for the next six months."

"Studly?" I snickered.

"Shut up. I was watching some of the old Beverly Hills, 90210 episodes on television while you were in class," she snorted. "I had a thing for Luke Perry when he played the part of Dylan McKay. He was studly."

"Who's studlier?" I quipped, arching a brow over my wine glass.

"You, because I get to keep you," she smiled, leaning across the table to kiss me. "Besides, I like my men older. But not old enough to be my father. Ewww...talk about creepy."

"How old is your dad?" I laughed.

"He's going to be fifty-one," Bella replied. "Luke Perry is forty-eight. Yeah, creepy..."

I laughed, shaking my head at her. "Whatever you say, piccolino."

"Anyhow, I'm just struggling with the fact that you're here and I'm there," she sighed, her voice turning somber. "I'm certain everything will be fine, but ever since..."

"Ever since your abduction, you're struggling with change?" I asked.

"Yeah. Change is inevitable, but my reaction to it is what's troubling me," she said. "I already have an appointment with Irina to discuss it early tomorrow morning."

"We all react differently to trauma, Bella," I said. "For me, I recoiled from human interaction and lost myself in my studies. Eventually, I began working with the Bureau and becoming something different, someone different, brought me solace. I reveled in change. I reveled in pain, really. That all transformed when I met you, though. The thought of pain, either yours or mine, made me sick. When I got my new tattoo, I cried."

"Shut the fuck up!" Bella bellowed. "Why?"

"Because, it was the first time since your abduction that I opened myself up to pain. Before, that was my only way to deal with human touch. Now, the thought of being in pain makes me sick," I frowned. "I wanted your sweet, delicate, loving and caring caress; not the harsh feeling of a needle piercing my skin. So, I cried when I got the swan tattoo. I also came to the realization that there is no more ink in my future."

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

"Why are you apologizing? Because from the way I see it, this is a good thing. I'm healing from my father's beatings. That's because of you. My way of coping with stress is different now," I said, cupping her heart-shaped face in my hand.

"Will you still come with me when I get my new tattoo?" she asked.

"Of course, piccolino," I answered, smiling softly. A few tears slipped from Bella's eyes. "Don't cry, baby."

"I'm going to miss you," she said, looking up at me. "So much, Edward."

"We'll talk, Skype and visit. I'm going to miss you, too," I murmured, pulling her into my lap. She held me, crying quietly against my shoulder. "We'll both be so busy that we won't even realize that we're separated."

"Sure, Edward," she snorted, giving me a wry grin. "You keep telling yourself that as you jack off nightly."

"Did we get lotion for me?" I quipped, kissing her nose. She giggled before going back to her seat. We ate a filling meal at Fiorella's. It was delicious and it almost reminded me of the meals we shared in Italy. Bella's impending departure was ignored for the rest of the meal as we talked about my first day of class and my position at my internship. I was working with one of the biggest firms in Boston that worked with mainly financial law and litigation. I knew that I didn't want to be a trial attorney. If I did have that fall in my lap, I'd consider working for the DA or US Attorneys. I couldn't, in my right mind, defend criminals. I was also considering working for a company, being their representation or chief legal officer. So, this placement at this law firm dealing with high-end clients and a great deal of financial dealings was right up my alley.

Bella talked about her revised internship. Originally, she wanted to be an editor for some publishing house but her writing our story really piqued an interest for her. She was still working with Simon and Schuster, but instead of focusing on the editorial aspect, she was working more with the publishers and working on how to publish her story, plus the slew of others she was working on. Based off the few conversations she had with her supervisor, it was very likely that my Bella could be a published author. Simon and Schuster loved her snarky style of writing and were planning on marketing it for women, ages eighteen to thirty-five. Nothing was set in stone. Only time would tell.

When we finished our meals, it was an hour and a half until her plane was due to take off. Somberly, I paid for dinner and we walked to my Volvo. Bella pulled out her ticket along with her driver's license. Once I pulled away from the curb, I clutched her hand in mine. The drive was silent, save for the music I had playing in the car. Twenty minutes later, I parked in the short-term lot and escorted Bella into the airport. Secretly, I wish I still had my FBI badge. With that, I could have gone up to the gate with her, but I was a civilian.

Walking through security, Bella was growing more and more upset. I just held her against my chest, kissing her temple softly. I also promised my return in February along with my unending love. Once we reached the front of the line, I took Bella's face into my hands. "I love you, Little One. We're going to be fine."

"I love you, too," she sniffled, pulling me to her face and kissing the ever-living shit out of me. "You finish school and become a fancy lawyer. Then, come home to me."

"I'm counting the days, Little One," I said, wiping her tears away. "I love you. I'll always love you."

"You own me, Edward," she said, giving me a watery smile. "I love you." She kissed me once more and walked through security, her head held high. I stepped out and kept my eyes on her as long as I could. Just before she turned the corner, Bella looked back and blew me a kiss. I caught it, clutching my fist to my heart. Whipping out my phone, I texted her.

Little One, you own my heart. You are my home and I'll be back in your arms soon. I love you – Prottetore

I'll keep your heart safe, Prottetore. Hurry home. Love you so much more – Piccolino

A/N: Pictures of Boston, Harvard, and Newton Street are on my blog and tumblr. Leave me some!

Hm�"�rl��