Chapter Fourteen

New Story...I'm attempting a drabble. Rather, my version of drabble...a 1000 words or less per chapter. (Dear God, I'm afraid.) But excited, too. It'll force me to be more forward with my plotlines and yeah. Anyhow, none of this mine. I'm not, nor ever will be, Stephenie Meyer. I just like to play with her characters.

Chapter Fourteen

It had been a couple of weeks since I met my Little One at Verdant. She'd been haunting my dreams. She'd been on my mind every spare second of the day. I wanted to find her and...

"So, you've made contact with Charlie del Cigno?" Carlisle asked at our weekly briefing at the Seattle office of the FBI. "What did he say?"

Right, I have to do my job. Infiltrate the del Cigno Syndicate. Bring down one of the biggest mob bosses in the country.

I had spoken with Emmett, one of the men on Charlie's crews, who also happened to be his nephew. We got to talking and he informed me that one of his team members was murdered and they were looking to replace him. Ironically enough, it was Emmett's little brother, LJ. He didn't seem fazed by the death of his brother. He seemed almost resigned to the fact that his sibling was shot execution style, at the base of his skull.

Anyhow, he arranged a meeting with Charlie del Cigno at his club in Seattle, Twilight. "He was shocked at my shooting skills. However, there was some underlying trepidation about hiring me. I've been taken on a probationary status. I need to prove my worth and then I'm in permanently," I explained.

"What's the proof that he requires?" Carlisle asked, arching his brow at me.

"There's a delivery of weaponry to James Cacciatore. If I can prove my worth, do my job and not fuck this up, I'm in," I said.

"Are you taking note of all of these dealings, Edward?" Carlisle asked.

"I've already sent a copy of the inventory to Rose and typed up all of the intel for Jasper," I said. "Once I'm in, I may not be able to meet as often."

"I know," Carlisle said. "You need to maintain contact with us."

"You'll get regular reports. I'm hoping that by Christmas, Charlie del Cigno will be done for," I smirked. "Oh, I need to trade in my vehicle. I rode my motorcycle for my initial meeting with del Cigno but that's not really all that conducive for travel in Seattle."

"Talk to Rose," Carlisle said. "She'll get you something more appropriate for your backstory. Also, talk to Alice about switching out your Glock."

"Carlisle, I'd rather not. It's always hidden at my ankle," I said. I trusted that gun. Carlisle sighed, nodding at my abject refusal to turn over my bureau issued weapon. It had gotten me out of more than one pinch.

"Keep in touch, Edward," Carlisle said quietly. He smiled at me warmly. "I love you, son."

"Love you, too," I said gruffly before getting up to go to get a new car from Rose. My Volvo was a bit over the top. I loved my baby but it was too fancy for the part I was playing. I needed to have a junker car. I had already placed my Volvo into storage, driving my Harley Davidson Sportster but like I said, it's not conducive for driving in the rainy Seattle weather.

After a few moments with Rose, I had the keys to a 1968 Ford Mustang. Outwardly, it looked like shit. The black paint was faded and it had been hit more times than should be allowed to such a classic vehicle. However, the engine had been completely rebuilt and overhauled. It purred like a kitten. Rose also showed me some hidden treasures of the car. It had a tracking system so the bureau would know where the car was going at all times. Additionally, some more guns and other goodies were hidden in a false bottom of my trunk. I thanked Rose and slid into the cracked vinyl seats. With a wave, I left the bureau and drove to my apartment. My 'Masen' phone chirped and I saw a text from Emmett.

We're on for nine tonight. Meet at Twilight. Do you need weapons? – Em

I'm good. Fucking excited about this. I hope I meet with your approval, Emmett – E

As far as I'm concerned, you've got my back, E. See you at nine. Call if you have any questions – Em

Will do – E

I pocketed my phone and finished my drive to my apartment. I had six hours before I had to be at Twilight. I could get a nap, dream of Little One and then, handle this delivery to James Cacciatore. Overall, not a bad day.

A/N: Picture of Edward's new car and his weapon of choice are on my blog. Link is on my profile. Also, find me on Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation or on Twitter: tufano79.