Chapter Sixty-Nine

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter Sixty-Nine

After the installation guys left, Edward said that he wanted to take me out on a date to make up for how he'd behaved. I eagerly agreed to it but said that I needed a nap before I could do anything. My migraine had not improved. If anything, it had gotten worse from my crying jag out by the pool. We both went into the bedroom took a nice long siesta.

After our nap, I took a shower and got dressed in this cute casual dress. It had a nautical theme, which was appropriate for the restaurant we were going to on the marina. I curled my hair and pinned it back away from my face. I finished my look with some jewelry and a pair of wedge heels. I teetered into the bedroom, running directly into Edward. Dear God, he's beautiful. His hair was in its usual sexy disarray. He wore a white button-down shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a pair of khakis. He smelled clean and fresh, with a hint of Dior Homme Cologne. "You clean up good, Masen," I smirked.

"So do you," he said as he handed me a flower from the garden. "A small token of apology."

"No more apologies," I said softly, tucking the flower into my hair. "Edward, we both made mistakes. Let's move on and enjoy the evening, okay?"

"Okay," he said, taking my hand in his. We walked to the garage and he picked up the keys for the Alfa Romeo. He placed them in my hands, brushing his lips across my cheek. "I've programmed the address into the GPS. That was a trip in and of itself. It spoke in Italian."

"It wouldn't have been a problem for me," I giggled.

"Miss Fluent Italian girl," Edward snickered. He helped me into the driver's seat before settling into the passenger's side. I turned on the GPS and the rich Italian man gave me directions to La Tonnarella Mare. It was located in a hotel, but had some of the best seafood. My father had taken me there several times during our trips to Sorrento. After I used the valet to park the car, we went into the restaurant and were seated right away. "Do you want anything to drink?" Edward asked.

"Probably not. My headache is better but not completely gone. I'll stick with water," I said. "If you want to get anything..."

"I'm good," he said as he took a sip of his water. The waiter took our orders before scampering away, leaving us to talk on the outdoor patio. He looked out over the marina, smiling softly. "It's so beautiful here."

"It is, but it's not home," I said. "Do you miss Chicago?"

"Ah, no," he said flatly. "Too many bad memories and pain for me to even think about Chicago."

"Sorry," I muttered. "I didn't mean..."

"It's okay, Bella. Would I want to go back and visit? Possibly, but not for a while. I left when I was eighteen to start new in Seattle. Nothing was holding me back in Chicago. Do you miss Seattle?"

"I miss the rain," I said, tapping my lips. "Don't get me wrong, I love the sun. We've been here two days and I'm already a nice toasty brown color, but I like the rain. Especially at night. It helps me sleep." I grinned at him. "Let's play a game."

"At a restaurant?"

"A getting to know you game. I know a lot about you but I don't know enough," I said waving my hand airily. "Let's go back to middle school and play twenty questions."

"Are we going to play seven minutes in heaven when we get home?" Edward snorted.

"Only seven?" I quipped. He rolled his eyes. "Seriously, though. I ask a question and you answer it. We volley back and forth until we both reach twenty. Yeah?"

"Okay," he said, still unsure about this. "Can we pass on a question?"

"Only one pass," I clarified. "Can I start?" He nodded and I thought for a moment. "I'll start easy. Favorite color?"

"Blue," he blushed. "You?"

"Green," I giggled. "You ask the next question, okay?"

"Favorite dessert?" he asked, his green eyes twinkling.

"Anything with chocolate." I looked at him, quirking a brow.

"Cheesecake. I can eat an entire cheesecake in one sitting. It's so damn good but so fattening," he chuckled.

"Person you admire the most?"

"Can I think about that one? I'm not passing. I'm deferring," he said.

"That seems fair," I nodded. "For me, I admire my dad. He's so strong and amazing. Yes, he's a manwhore, but he's got a good heart."

"If you could have dinner with someone, alive or dead, who would it be and why?" Edward asked.

"Jesus that sounds like an admissions question on a college entrance exam" I laughed. "Hmmm, probably my mom. I miss her. I'd love to talk to her, especially now."

"Why now?"

"Just need some womanly advice," I shrugged. "That's why I missed her and was crying this afternoon, really."

"I'm sorry, Little One," he whispered, taking my hand in his.

"I'm okay, but there are times when I wish I had someone, a woman, to talk to. I'm surrounded by these burly guys, most of which are single and stupid or my friends, who are also single and stupid," I deadpanned. "I'll be fine. How about you, the living/dead person question?"

"This is going to sound morbid, but I'd want to talk to my real dad. I want to know why he felt the need to beat the shit out of me and my mom," he said sadly, toying with his fork. The waiter came with our food, smiling as he told us to enjoy. Despite the fact that I was starving and hadn't really eaten anything all day, I didn't want to eat the food in front of me. "Sorry about bringing you down. Let's talk about something else. Next question...dog or cat person?"

"Um, neither?" I replied. "I'm allergic to anything that sheds, so I don't know."

"Not even one of those hypoallergenic dogs?" Edward questioned as he dug into his plate of linguine and clam sauce. "A maltese, poodle or something like that?"

"Are you a dog person?" I asked.

"Kind of. But when I was a kid, I couldn't have one for obvious reasons. The closest thing I had to a dog was this old mutt that hung out outside of my first apartment here in Seattle. He was a mangy looking thing but desperate for some sort of attention. I used to feed him leftovers."

"Why didn't you keep him?"

"The apartment had a strict no pet policy. One day, when I went to give the dog his food, he wasn't in the alley. I couldn't find him and I assume he was probably dead or captured by animal control," he said. "Do you want to try some of this? It's excellent."

I nodded and he expertly swirled some linguine onto the fork. His tongue was stuck out slightly as he moved it across the table. It was adorable to see him concentrate like that. I could barely contain my laughter before I closed my mouth around his fork. "Hmmm, delicious," I moaned, wiping my mouth. Edward was staring at my lips, his mouth hanging open. "Edward?"

"Excuse me, what?" he said, shaking his head.

"You were staring at my mouth, tesoro. Do I have something on my face?" I asked.

"No," he growled out. "My imagination is running wild and yeah, I'd like to get you home sooner rather than later."

I smiled at him seductively. "Why?" I purred.

His eyes darkened, beckoning for the waiter. "Check, please."

A/N: The recipe for the linguine and clam sauce are on my blog. It's so delicious. I highly recommend it. It's cholesterol over pasta, but soooooooooo worth it. The link for the blog is on my profile, along with the link for my pic teasers on tumblr (specifically, NSFW teasers). You can also find me on Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation or on Twitter: tufano79. Leave me some lovin!

tps?:\\a