Chapter Forty-Two

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter Forty-Two

Breathe, Bella. It's just Edward. You spent all week with him. He's sweet, adorable and got tats. NOTHING has changed.

Okay, you're going on a date with him. You may kiss him. You may fuck him...

I got up and walked to my dad. He was beaming expectantly. "What's with the goofy grin, Daddy?"

"I am just happy that you and Edward are going out together. He's an amazing man and good for you," he said, kissing my forehead. "Go easy on him, though. He's a nervous wreck. His hair is standing on end and I think he's changed shirts three times from sweating through them."

"Ew, Daddy. I didn't need to know that," I said, wrinkling my nose.

"I'm kidding," Charlie snickered. "He is nervous, though."

"Me, too," I whispered, looking out the door blankly. Charlie hugged me and guided me out of my room. I picked up my purse along with my cell phone, following my dad down the stairs to the living room. Edward was sitting on the couch, playing with some flowers in his hands. When he saw me, he jumped to his feet and his face flamed. He looked very chic but casual in a pair of dark jeans, burgundy button down shirt and black leather jacket. He walked over to me, almost floating to my side. He handed me the flowers, which were quaking in his hand. "They're beautiful," I murmured, looking up at him through my lashes.

"Not as beautiful as you," he replied.

Charlie cleared his throat and stood next to me. Oh, Jesus. "So, where are you taking my daughter?"

"I got tickets for the drag race about an hour from here and then we're going out to eat," Edward explained.

"Drag racing?" Charlie snorted.

"Daddy, behave. I love fast cars," I said as I walked over to Edward. "I would love to get on the strip and actually drive one."

"Over my rotting corpse, Isabella," Charlie grumbled.

"That's what I thought," I giggled.

"Well, you kids have fun and don't do anything I wouldn't do," Charlie smirked.

"Honestly, that doesn't leave much, Daddy," I deadpanned. My father flushed crimson and Edward stifled some laughter. With a cursory kiss to my cheek, Charlie left, muttering under his breath that I had a big mouth, like my mom. I just laughed.

Once he was gone, I turned to Edward. He was shifting nervously from foot to foot. The embarrassment of my father had worn off and the nerves came back. "We don't have to go to the drag race. Emmett suggested it since you liked cars," Edward said quietly, squeezing his neck tightly.

I frowned, taking his hand that was attacking his neck and holding it in my hands. "Edward, it sounds like a lot of fun. I may be a girly-girl, but I love sports, fast cars and a good juicy hamburger. I also like getting dolled up for a night of dancing, music and fancy dinners. As long as you are respectful, honest and you, we'll be golden. Okay?"

Edward closed his eyes, breathing deeply. His arms found their way around my waist and he sighed, pressing his forehead to mine. Is this it? Is he going to kiss me? "Thank you," he murmured. "There are a lot firsts going on here today and I'm so afraid that I'm going to fuck it up."

"We're human, Edward. We'll all make mistakes," I replied, looking into his troubled eyes. "Relax. Have fun. You like me. I like you. Let's enjoy it. Thoroughly."

"Okay," he breathed, giving me a crooked smile. "Shall we go?"

"On one condition," I smirked.

"What's that?"

"You will kiss me tonight, right?" I laughed. He rolled his eyes and pulled away. Lacing his fingers with mine, he kissed my cheek, muttering about an 'impatient Little One.' That's me. His impatient 'Little One.'

A/N: Pictures of the flowers Edward bought for Bella are on my blog. Very pretty wild flower bouquet. Find me on Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation or twitter: tufano79. Leave me some lovin!

"