Chapter Seventy-Three

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter Seventy-Three

After a very long and relaxing shower, I got dressed in a pair of dark gray cargo pants and a black light-weight long-sleeved shirt. I covered my hair with a black baseball cap and slid on my boots. Bella knocked on the bedroom door, wearing a robe. "Hey, it's been a while since I've been to a gun range. What should I wear?"

"Something comfortable," I answered. "For you, I'd suggest light colors and wear something with sleeves, but not too long. Make sure you pull your hair back, too."

"Kay," she said, smiling nervously. "I called Mario, my dad's friend and he's expecting us at two. Then, we're having dinner with his family. A sort of welcome to Italy thing. Bring something nice to change into. Mario's wife, Francesca, is a bit much but she's a sweetheart."

"Thanks, Little One," I said. She blushed and darted out of the room. I went to the office, finding the gun she gave me on the day we went shopping for the swimsuits. I checked it out thoroughly, taking it apart and making sure everything worked properly. I also gave it a cleaning as well. Bella walked into the office and she was wearing a pair of charcoal gray pants and a pink top. Her hair was braided down her back and her face was quite somber. "You okay, Bella?"

"I'm fine. I just don't like dealing with guns and stuff. I can shoot with the best of them, but it's not my thing," she shrugged, opening up the safe. She pulled out three other guns plus the appropriate ammunition. "Do you have eye protection?"

"I've got my sunglasses. You?" She pulled out a pink bag. Inside there was a pair of pink ear phones and coordinating pink glasses. "Very cute, Bella. Do you have pink gun?"

"Bite me, you ass," she snorted, sticking out her tongue at me. She picked up a Ruger, wrinkling her nose. "This is my gun. I've also got a Colt Defender but I'm not as comfortable with it." She took out a pair of black ear phones. "You get to use my dad's ear protection, plus his Glock and this, whatever it is," she said pointing to a silver gun.

"Desert Eagle, Little One," I snickered.

"Yeah, that." She took out the cases for the weapons and loaded them inside, placing them into a large duffel. I picked it up and put it by the door along with her cute pink bag. Next to the duffel of the guns and ammo, was a smaller bag with our clothes for dinner with Mario and Francesca along with a bottle of wine. Bella made a quick breakfast of bagels, espresso and fresh fruit. We worked quietly as we cleaned up the kitchen. Soon, we were on the road, driving to Mario's gun range, about a half hour away from the villa in Sorrento in Positano. We took the SUV in the garage, a Maserati Kubang. It was a cool SUV. It had power and gusto with the space of a tank.

We pulled up to a large building, parking in the grass. An older gentleman walked out, sporting a noticeable limp. When Bella hopped out of the SUV, the man grinned happily and tried to jog over to my girl. He was prattling on in Italian and I could catch a few words here and there, but had a difficult time understanding him. He hugged her tightly, patting her cheeks. "Edward, I'd like you to meet Mario," Bella called to me. I picked up the bag with the guns and walked over to them. "Mario, this is my boyfriend and body guard, Edward Masen. Edward, this is one of my dad's closest friends in Italy, Mario Leonardi."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, sir," I said as I held out my hand.

He shook my hand before smiling impishly and crushing me to his chest in an exuberant hug. Breathe, Edward. He's not going to hurt you. "Welcome to the family, Edward," he said in heavily accented English.

Bella must have seen my slight panic and she slipped her hand in mine. I squeezed her fingers before kissing her head in appreciation for seeing my unease. "How's your leg, Mario? You're limping really badly."

"Eh, I have good days and I have bad days. Today is a very bad day. I would have closed the range but I kept it open for Charlie's little girl," he said, cupping her face.

"What happened with your leg, sir?" I asked.

"Three years ago, I was in a car accident. My right leg was crushed. The doctors almost took it off but I begged them not to. I fought and I got better but my leg is a mangled mess." He lifted his pant leg and it was something out of a horror film. "Enough about me and my gimpy leg. Let's get you set up inside."

"Is the outdoor range still available?" Bella asked, her chocolate eyes twinkling.

"It's supposed to rain, but if it's not, I'll take you there," Mario said as he led us inside of the large building. "Do you remember how to handle everything, Bella?"

"Yes, Mario," she said, kissing his cheek.

"You have ammo and protection?" he pressed. Bella held up her bag and I shifted the duffel to my shoulder.

"Okay, good. I'll leave you to it. I'll be in the house with Francesca. If you need me, pick up the phone and dial one. It'll connect you directly to the house, alright?"

"Thank you, Mario," Bella grinned. He kissed her cheek and patted my shoulder before limping out of the building. Once he was gone, she turned to me. "Are you okay, Edward? I saw the look of anxiety on your face when Mario hugged you."

"I'm fine," I said, trying to downplay the true feelings I had. Seriously, I was in the midst of a minor panic attack. Bella looked up at me. Her brown eyes narrowed.

"No, you're not."

A/N: Pictures of the gun range are on my blog along with the guns that they are using. Link for that is on my profile, along with the link to my tumblr. You can also find me on Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation or on twitter: tufano79. Leave me some lovin!

���7%'�