Chapter One-Hundred Fifty-Eight

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter 158

BPOV

I was seeing my father today. Edward got a text from Alice and Jasper that Charlie was released as part of the deal he had worked out with his former professor. My dad had a month to be with me.

Not your dad.

He IS my dad. Aro is not my father. He's my sperm donor.

I still demand a retest, damn it!

"Little One, you've got to breathe," Edward chided. His warm hand engulfed mine and he pressed it to his chest, letting me feel him breathe. I tried to calm down but it wasn't happening.

"It's just...what if Charlie sees me differently," I whimpered, looking at him. "Everything he's ever known is a lie, Edward. I'm not his kid. I'm the kid of asshole who got his jollies on seeing me tortured, brutalized and sexually assaulted. Who does that shit?" Edward grimaced, giving me a look. "What? You know it's true."

"It is true, but it doesn't mean that I like hearing it," he grumbled, sitting back on his chair after kissing my palm three times. He picked up the Sudoku book he bought for me and worked on a puzzle. The way he gripped the pencil indicated he was pissed. Very, very pissed. He still felt guilty about my abduction. It was all my fault for not listening to him, but he still felt that if only we hadn't gone to his apartment; if only we didn't fight; if only he wasn't so sloppy; if only...

Shake it off, Bella.

Back to the damn book, he used it more than me, but then again, Edward wasn't the type of person to sit around and do nothing. Babysitting my ass was not exactly riveting entertainment. But, he wouldn't leave unless he was ordered to by his boss/father, had to go to his own therapy or I had mine. He needed a break, a mini vacay from the drama.

"Why don't you go to the hotel, tonight, Edward?" I suggested, my heart clenching as I said the words.

"Do you not want me here?" he asked, his eyes flashing in pain.

"I do, but when was the last time you slept in a bed?" I asked.

"Three weeks ago," he shrugged, nibbling on his pen. "I'm okay, Bella. I've slept on worse."

"Edward, I'm saying this out of concern and well, a good place, but you look like shit," I said, wrinkling my nose. "Yes, part of it is my fault with your new scars, but you've lost weight, you need a haircut and at least twenty-four hours away from the drama."

"I do not look like shit," he huffed. "A little worn around the edges, but I'm fine. I do agree with you about the haircut. Perhaps, I'll go to Supercuts..."

"Over my rotting corpse. Edward, Supercuts butchers hair. Look at Emmett," I said, giving him a sarcastic grin. He scrunched his nose. Nervously, I played with my fingers. "Edward, I do want you to stay, but I want to do this with my dad on my own. Spend time with your family. Your friends. Get out of this place. Go for a run. Hang out at the Japanese gardens and be all Zen. I've got another two weeks in this room. So, we'll have plenty of time to be together."

He pursed his lips, staring into my eyes. He opened his mouth and the closed it immediately. "I'll go. Once your dad gets here, I'll go and spend time with my family, get a haircut and meditate or something. However, if you need me, call me. You have my number, right?"

"Number one on my speed dial," I quipped, holding up my new pink iPhone.

"No, that would be 911. I'm number two," he said, getting up from his chair/bed/dinner table. "Look up a salon since Supercuts is out for a haircut, Little One."

"Bite me," I scowled, looking up the requested information. "There's a good salon at the hotel where your parents are staying. Perhaps get one of those razor shaves, too. Treat yourself, Edward. After all of this, you deserve it." I shifted on the bed and lay on my side as best I could, despite my broken leg, foley bag and various tubes attached to my body. I missed my bed. I missed my cat. I missed cuddling with Edward. "I can't wait to get the fuck out here."

"I can imagine," he chuckled, putting the book down. "Do you know what you're going to do once you're out?"

"I've got a year's worth of physical therapy," I grumbled. "I've got to learn how to walk again. Not to mention time spent with therapists, shrinks and counselors."

"Are you going to finish your degree??" he asked. "I know you spoke with your advisor about taking this year off due to your injuries."

"I don't know. It seems pointless," I shrugged, feeling sorry for myself. "What am I going to do with an English degree? I'm...I..."

"Bella, you don't have to make any decisions now," Edward soothed as he took my hand. "I was just curious. You could do whatever you want. You're smart and amazing."

"I want to be an inventor," I sulked.

"Why?" he asked, truly curious.

"I want to invent a time machine so I could go back in time and make all of this go away," I cried. "I want normal. I don't want this. I want my dad to be my dad and I want us to be the way we were. I don't want to be afraid of you whipping out your schlong and masturbating on me. I don't want to be afraid of the dark or of the cold."

Edward's face fell and he slowly cupped my cheek. "Bella, I know that you are battling so many things. We're all here for you. I'm not going anywhere," he whispered.

"What about when we go back to Seattle? Are you going back to the shithole apartment?" I asked.

"No. I'm going back to my condo that I own in Bellevue," he said. "But, if you need me, I'll be there for you. You know that, right?"

"I want to say yes, but I'm afraid to," I muttered, staring into his green eyes.

"I get it, Little One," he smiled sadly before removing his hand from my face. I pressed it back to my cheek, staring at him. I reached his face, running my finger down his temple where I hit him with his gun. It was still red and very obvious. I frowned deeply. "I deserved that, Bella. I am sorry for hurting you. I never wanted to do that. I only wanted to protect you."

"I know you'll be there for me," I whispered, moving my fingers to his lips, feeling his softness under my fingertips. He shuddered before capturing them and kissing my fingers.

"Why, Bella?" he asked, caressing my cheek.

"Because you love me," I cried, tears falling from my eyes.

"I'll always love you," he said, wiping my tears from my face. "I'll be your biggest cheerleader. I'll even wear one of those skirts."

"With pom poms?" I giggled, picturing Edward in a complete cheerleading outfit.

"I'll even get a blonde wig if I get you to smile, Bella," he said, giving me a crooked smirk. "I've got some sexy legs."

"You do," I laughed, gazing into his evergreen eyes. He understand what you're dealing with, Bella. Talk to him. "Will it always be like this? Will I always be an emotional wreck?"

"I can't answer that, baby," he said, sitting back. "I'm still an emotional wreck, but I never allowed myself to heal. Over time, it will get better. I think a great deal of your emotions are tied into seeing your dad."

"I hope so," I sniffled, wrapping my arms around Sylvester.

"Baby girl?" choked Charlie. I turned to him and like that, the dam broke and I lost it.

A/N: Bella's a mess. She's got moments where she's okay and then moments where she wants to go chuck it all. Raise your hand if you want to see Edward in a cheerleader uniform? *Snorts* Up next, Bella/Charlie bonding time!

GlAtXn1��<��6