Chapter One-Hundred Forty-Four

Twilight...not mine (sigh). **Graphic Violence Warning**

Chapter 144

I don't know how long I screamed, begging for death. At some point, the door opened once more and the dainty sound of heels crossed the floor. My heart sped up at more knife cuts from Renata. But it was Sulpulcia, Aro's wife that was approaching me. She held a tray with some food and water along with a bag. Her eyes were weary and sad. I began shivering, worried what she was going to do. "Do not fret, Isabella."

I stared at her blankly, but was unable to stop my shivering. Sulpulcia put the bag down and walked into the darkness. I heard some water running, making me thirsty again. She walked back to my table and placed a large bowl onto it. My shivering increased. "Isabella, I'm not here to harm you. My husband and family have taken you against your will and I know what it's like..."

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"Let me attend to your wounds and I'll tell you all about it," she said, reaching into the bowl.

Tenderly, she wiped off the dried semen, blood and other crap on my body. Her eyes were filled with tears as she worked me over. I wanted to ask if she could let me go, but as if she could read my mind, she responded. "I can't release you. Aro would know what I did and you'd never be safe, Bella. This is the least I can do to provide you with comfort. I'm sorry that you are going through this," she whispered. Her gaze glinted to mine. There was a sadness there.

"You sound like you've been through this," I said as she wiped down my belly.

"Not to this extent, but yes. My marriage to Aro was arranged by my family. I didn't want it. I grew up in a small town in Sicily and was deeply in love with another, Pietro. However, since the Volturi ruled Sicily, my parents were determined to get into the good graces of the family. My father struck a deal with the family and I was sold to the Volturi, essentially. When I was told this, I panicked and left Italy. I was barely sixteen."

"Where did you go?" I asked, hissing as she wiped across a deep gash.

"Sorry," Sulpulcia grimaced. "I know it hurts. After I've cleaned them, I'll cover you. I can only imagine how you're feeling. My abduction wasn't nearly this brutal. Aro prefers psychological torture, not physical."

"Did Aro masturbate on you?" I snapped.

Her eyes widened. "Who is doing that?" she muttered, shocked at whomever was desecrating my body.

"James and Riley," I growled. "Seeing me like this makes them hard and they just have to jerk off on me."

Sulpulcia frowned, walking back into the darkness. The water ran again and she returned with the bowl filled with suds. I grimaced, afraid of how that was going to feel on my skin. "They are being unusually cruel. I can't imagine why, though. No one deserves this, Bella."

"It's because I'm a del Cigno," I said bitterly.

Sulpulcia pursed her lips. "No, that's not it. Aro's not telling me something. I think it has to do with you," she said. She washed me as best as she could with the hot soapy water. I was trembling uncontrollably and she picked up a towel, drying my body and then covered me with a white duvet cover. "Now, back to my story. I stayed hidden in Europe for two years. I had just celebrated my eighteenth birthday when I ran into Marcus, Aro's oldest brother. They had been searching for since I left. I had breached my contract with the family. Marcus didn't do anything. He just smiled evilly and let me run away. A week later, one of the Volturi squads found me in France and dragged me back to Sicily. I was detained, like you, on a table.

"I had shamed my family and it had resulted in their demise. My parents, grandparents, brothers and twin sister were dead because of me. I was held captive on the table until I agreed to be Aro's wife. The wedding was lavish and over the top. I was presented as a trophy wife and pampered for one day. The first year of our marriage was spent in Sicily and it was absolute hell. I was treated as a sex slave, used and abused as needed. And it wasn't just Aro. Marcus and Caius also had their turns with me along with members of the Volturi in Sicily. I fell pregnant but lost the baby because of the brutality of my physical and sexual abuse. Aro was livid that he lost an 'heir.' After that, Aro moved us to Seattle where we could start a new life together. He also took some of his best men to generate a name for himself in the states. I was allowed more freedom in the states but still kept on a tight leash. It wasn't until I became pregnant with Renata that Aro finally allowed me complete freedom. He still watched me, though."

"Are you saying that I'm to be married to one of those loons?" I spat. "I'd rather drink battery acid."

"I don't know. As I said before, Aro is keeping me in the dark," Sulpulcia explained, feeding me morsels of food. It wasn't very good but it did make me feel a little better. "He still doesn't trust me. Nor should he. He may be my husband, but I hate him. I'm only with him out of duty and honor to my dead family."

"If you truly hate him, then let me go," I suggested. "Give me some clothes, a car and release me from this hell."

"I can't, Bella. Whatever Aro has planned for you, escaping will definitely result in your death," she sniffled. Her face crumpled. "I know what it's like to lose a child and I don't want that for Charlie. He's a good man and I don't want my actions to cause him any more anguish."

"I don't understand," I frowned. Sulpulcia picked up a bottle of water. She gave me a few sips. Immediately, I felt groggy. "Are you drugging me?"

"You need to rest," she said, brushing my hair away. She brought the bottle back to my mouth. I clamped it shut but had to open my mouth when she plugged my nose. She poured more water down my throat and I grew more and more tired. Just as I was about to fall over into the abyss, I heard Sulpulcia's voice. "I love Charlie and I can't let you go because losing you would be like losing him."

What?

A/N: Who saw that coming? I didn't see that coming and wrote the damn thing. *Snorts* Please leave me some lovin...up next will be another big reveal.

N61yoA