Chapter Twenty-Two

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter Twenty-Two

I opened my door and found my father glaring at me. I cowered, looking contrite and nervous. "You better be afraid, Isabella Marie del Cigno," he growled. "Sit your ass on that bed and listen to me." I crawled onto the bed and curled up, preparing to hear the wrath of my dad. "Emmett told me what you said in the car and I'm so fucking disappointed in you, Bella. You need to get over this, this prejudice you have about Edward. He saved my life last night. For better or worse, you're stuck with him."

"What about Jacob?" I asked.

"Jacob isn't in a good place right now, baby girl. I doubt he's going to come back. If he does, it won't be in the same capacity as he was before. He saw his father shot to death in cold blood. It changes a man," Charlie murmured. "Now, you will follow whatever orders Edward tells you to do. It's for your own safety."

"I'm supposed to go shopping with Angie tomorrow," I said.

"That's fine, but Edward's coming with you. Also, he needs to get a suit for Billy's funeral. Buy it for him," Charlie said harshly. I nodded. "Apologize to Emmett when you get a chance. He was embarrassed and appalled by your behavior. Quite frankly, so am I. Perhaps I enabled you too much, but this needs to stop, Isabella. We're only doing this because we love you. Got it?" He sat down on the bed next to me, taking my hand.

"Yes, Daddy," I sniffled. "I love you, too."

He wrapped me in a hug with his good arm, kissing my forehead. "Apologize to Edward, too, baby girl. He doesn't deserve your attitude. He's trying to help you."

"Kay," I said.

"Love you, Bella. I'm going to bed. The pain meds are kicking in and I'm looped," he chuckled, getting up from my bed. "Apologize and behave." He hobbled out of my room and shut the door with a quiet click. With a sigh, I slipped on my slippers and went downstairs to Edward's room. Unlike earlier today, I knocked on the door.

"It's open," he called. I pushed the door open and Edward was pulling on a black wife-beater. He also wore a pair of black workout pants and his feet were bare. On the tops of his feet were some intricate black tattoos. I hadn't noticed them earlier. You were too busy ogling his bare, tattooed chest, slut. His hair was wet and sticking up every which way. "Everything okay, Isabella?" he asked, his voice taking on an icy tone.

"Bella, please call me Bella," I said. "Whenever I hear Isabella, I think I'm in trouble." Edward arched a brow. "Look, I'm sorry. I've been horrific and I know it's for my own good but...I'm sorry." I held out my hand for him to shake.

"I appreciate your apology," he said softly before he walked to the bed. He picked up two guns from the bedspread and placed them into a gun safe we had in all of our closets. He finished and he sat down on the chair in the bedroom. "I get it, Isabella." I gave him a smirk. "Bella, sorry. I know that you want to have fun and be with your friends but this is serious. I don't think you understand how serious it is." He ran his hands through his wet hair. "I don't want to be overbearing. You won't even know I'm around. I'm stealthy and shit." He gave me his own smirk.

"I'll try to rein in the princess moments," I said, sitting down on the chest in front of his bed. Though, his lap looked quiet comfy. Stop it. Bella, behave. Yes, you're sexually attracted to him but have to work with him. You know? You hate him.

Do I?

"That would be greatly appreciated," Edward said.

"Now, tomorrow, I've got to shopping with Angie to get something for Billy's wake and funeral. Do you have a suit?" I asked.

"No, I don't. My wardrobe is sorely limited," he blushed.

"Not a big deal. We'll get that first so it can be tailored for your body. Vincenzo is an amazing tailor. He'll make look like a million bucks," I said, giving him a tentative smile.

"What about classes for you?"

"I've already contacted my professors. I told them about the death in the family and I'm clear until Monday," I shrugged. "We need to be on the road by nine if we have to get your suit. Vincenzo is very particular when he tailors. Okay?"

He nodded, his skin still red. "See you in the morning, Bella," he said quietly, looking up at me. In his eyes, something was burning and I wanted it to be a fire for me. Despite our positions, I was very attracted to him. I wanted to know if his hair was as soft as it looked. I wanted to feel his large hands on my body. These thoughts were dangerous. Very dangerous and I had to get the fuck out of there before I threw myself at him.

I gave him a genuine smile before leaving his room, wishing him a good night. Once I left, I dashed up to my room. Frantically, I searched my bedside table for I desperately needed.

Pay dirt.

A/N: Bella is all over the place and yes, she's a brat. However, she's worried about her dad but not concerned about herself. She's at the very end of her egocentric phase in her life. It's really going to hit her at the memorial service. There is a picture of Edward's feet tattoos on my blog: link in my profile. Additionally, you can find me on Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation or on Twitter: tufano79. I'll post picture teasers on both places or teasers that are 140 characters or less. Loving...better than a wet and sexy FBI/Mafiaward.