Chapter One-Hundred Seventy-Nine

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter 179

BPOV

The week flew by quickly. I went to physical therapy, regular therapy and hung out with Alice and Rose. They were very excited when I told them that Edward was taking me out on Friday on a date. Alice said that she'd help me get ready and Rose was working with Edward to plan a perfect date for us. They wouldn't say where we were going, but that it was going to be iconically romantic.

The morning of my date, I met with Irina and she was pleased that Edward and I spoke. She was also pleased that we were trying to make our relationship work. She explained that Edward could probably help me more so than she could because he understood, first hand, how to deal the feelings I was having. He was processing them now with Dr. Molina.

Around five-thirty, Alice breezed into my condo with a garment bag. She is strangely very girly for a federal agent. She reminded me of Angie from before all of this, but with an attitude and a license to carry a concealed weapon. I was saddened that my relationships with Angie and Jessica hadn't improved. Jessica had come by to my new home a few times but the conversation wasn't all that comfortable. Angie has all but fallen off the planet. I tried calling her, but her phone number is no longer in service. Shrugging it off, I didn't need her or Jessica. They were a part of my past. I need to focus on my future. Hopefully, I'll be able to let them into my life, but with the way they are acting, it doesn't seem likely.

"I'm thinking you should leave your hair down," Alice said as she curled my chestnut locks. "Edward has mentioned that you have the most gorgeous hair. I'm a little jealous. I have to put so much product in to make it look decent. Yours is naturally perfect."

"You have the color I want," I snorted. "My brown is ashy while yours is rich and warm."

"It's called Clairol Natural Dark Caramel Brown," she giggled, pinning my hair away from my face.

"Do you know where Edward's taking me?" I asked.

"I do but I'm not saying a damn word. Edward has sworn all of us to secrecy," Alice replied. "The only thing you need to know is that it is fancy and somewhat secluded. He knows that you are still not a hundred percent about going out in public yet."

"Fancy?" I squeaked. "I can't wear heels or a dress. Not with this..."

"Yes, you can," Alice smiled, turning to the garment bag. "I bought this for myself last month but I'm too short to pull it off. The skirt engulfs me. You're taller than me and have legs that go on for days. It'll be perfect on you." She took out a red dress that was sleeveless and a full skirt. I cringed at showing my arms but Alice gently tapped my bracelets on both of my wrists. "Come on, let me finish your hair and get you gorgeous for your man!"

An hour later, my hair is pinned up like a pin-up girl. My makeup is simple with winged eyeliner and bright red lips. The dress fit me perfectly. Alice gave me a pair of black and white shoes along with my boot. I hated that stupid thing, but needed to wear it for at least three more weeks before I got the go ahead to lose it permanently. "My work here is done," Alice smiled, packing up her supplies. "Don't stay out too late and don't let him get to handsy."

I rolled my eyes. "Thank you for your help, Alice," I said, hugging her closely. "And for being my friend."

"I know you love Edward, but girly bonding time is necessary," she laughed. "He won't ever hurt you. I know you're rebuilding your trust, but he'll cherish you like the treasure you are. Always. I hope you know that." She kissed my cheek before leaving me. I hobbled to couch, making sure I had my keys, cell phone and other important goodies in my purse. Carino was nestled on the couch in a little ball, burrowed in Edward's jacket he had left here after he rescued me from my catatonic state. I nuzzled her head with my hand. She scowled at me, obviously pissed off that I disturbed her sleep.

The phone rang shortly after that and I picked up, speaking briefly with the security guard on duty. Edward was here. My heart took off and I stood up, walking to the door to let him in. A quiet knock resonates through my condo and I open the door. Edward is standing on the other side, wearing a black suit, white shirt and black tie. His arm is still in a sling, wrapped in a black cast. He's balancing a large bouquet of lavender roses, blushing furiously. I moved the side and let Edward through the door.

"You look absolutely radiant, Bella," he whispered, putting the flowers onto the kitchen counter.

"So do you," I murmured, staring at his lithe body in his sexy suit. "You wear this to work every day?"

"Pretty much. Though, my boss let me slide with the ties since I'm one-handed," he chuckled, gesturing to his cast. "Carlisle had to tie this one on me because I wanted to look nice for you."

"You look nice all of the time," I replied, giving him a shy grin.

"Yeah, I was so sexy when I came barreling over here after I had surgery with bed-head and smelling like antiseptic. When I looked at myself when I got home, I looked like a bum," he quipped.

"Well, you don't look like a bum now," I smiled.

He responded with a crooked grin and offered me his good arm. "Shall we, my love?" he asked in a bad English accent. I giggled, nodding and we left my condo.

A/N: Pictures of where they're going, what they're wearing and the flowers are on my blog and tumblr. Links for those are on my profile. You can also find me on Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation or on twitter: tufano79. Leave me some!

ever.|