Chapter One-Hundred Eight

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter 108

The flight back to Seattle was long. First off, we were delayed nearly two hours due to some mechanical malfunction in Rome. Then, we had to land in London to switch planes because of the same mechanical malfunction that wouldn't go away. That plane was delayed an additional hour. As a result, we arrived back in Seattle nearly a day late. All of us were punch-drunk, cranky and tired.

And poor Carino. She was covered in her own crap and her carrier smelled awful. The last thing I wanted to do was give my cat a bath, but once we got back to the house, I carried her to the kitchen and scrubbed her down while the boys begrudgingly carried in our luggage. Carino was pissed at me. When I was drying her gray fur, she swiped and hissed at me.

"Stop it, brat," I snarled at her. "Blame the airlines for being jackasses with the plane." With an angry sound, she chomped down on my finger. "Carino!"

"Do I need to protect you from a five pound kitten?" Edward chuckled, walking over to me. I scowled at my cat, thrusting my bleeding finger under the water. Carino jumped into Edward's arms, scurrying up to her happy place on his shoulder. She hissed at me, rubbing her furry head against his cheek. "Don't think that cuddling with me will endear you to momma. Don't bite, Carino."

"Yeah, that's like telling us to not breathe," I quipped, giving my cat a glare. "Is she dry?"

"Not really but I value my fingers too much to try and attempt to touch her," Edward snickered. "Come on, Little One. I'm jetlagged, crabby and exhausted. Let's go to bed."

"In my room," I said, shutting off the water and drying my hands. "No more sleeping in the guest room shit."

"Bella, I don't want..." he frowned.

"Tough titties, Edward. I want you with me. Besides, my dad and I came to an understanding," I replied, putting a Band-Aid onto my finger that Carino decided to chomp down on. Edward eyed me dubiously but I shrugged it off. I grabbed his hand, threading my fingers with his and led him upstairs to my room. My suitcases were left outside since I had locked the door. The only people who had the key were Carmen, me and my father. I now needed to give one to Edward since he was my new and sexy roommate.

Unlocking my door, I bit my lip and feared what Edward would think of his new present, his guitar. I flipped on the lights, dragging the bags inside and felt Edward behind me. "Bella," he breathed.

"It's a belated birthday present," I said, looking up at him. "It was supposed to be at the villa once we got back from our trip to Venice but Daddy had it shipped here."

He walked over to the guitar and sat down on the edge of the bed, holding the instrument in his hands. Next to the guitar was a case, several sets of new strings, a handful of abalone picks and a capo. I had decked him all out with the guitar gear with the help of the owner. He ran his hands along the strings, checking its tuning. Carino hopped off his shoulder and was currently burrowed on my pillows. Edward's nose wrinkled when he heard the guitar. His hands quickly worked on tuning it and he got it to sound much, much better.

His hand began working expertly on the fret board, creating jazzy and bluesy chords. I sat down next to him, listening as he played through several tunes, humming quietly. The tunes he was humming were virtually unrecognizable due to his lack of singing ability, but his guitar playing was nothing short of gorgeous. He stopped playing, putting the guitar into the black leather case, giving me a warm smile. "Thank you, Little One. I don't deserve it but thank you," he said, leaning over to me and kissing my lips softly. We went to bed and it was amazing to share my bed with Edward. I slept like a baby with him curled around me.

In my bed.

Mine.

He was in my bed.

God, I'm dumb.

The next morning, after tossing and turning for a few hours, I called and made an appointment with my usual spa to get all of the girlie bits groomed. Edward was still sleeping when I got up to go to the spa. Carino was curled under his chin, purring contentedly. I gave her a cuddle. She opened an eye and gave me the kitty version of the finger. I knew he would probably kick my ass if he knew that I left without protection, but shaving my cooter was driving me nuts. Downstairs in the kitchen, Emmett was already up and about, drinking some coffee.

"Morning, Em," I said as I poured myself a cup.

"Morning, bambina," he replied, scowling at his mug. "I miss espresso and the coffee in Italy."

"Spoiled," I snickered.

"Eh. What are you doing up so early?"

"I was restless and I needed to go to the spa," I shrugged, sipping my coffee. "Damn, I know what you mean. Want to go with me? Pick up some espresso on the way?"

Emmett picked up the keys to his Hummer and guided me out to the car. The drive was fairly quiet, save for the morning radio show he had playing. We arrived at the spa and I went back to get my girlie bits abused, along with my brows and my arms. Once I was done with my waxing treatments, I swiped a new nail polish, paying for everything. Emmett was gaping at something outside.

"What's wrong?" I asked, putting my nail polish in my purse.

"It's Ro," he breathed.

A/N: Dun dun dun...another cliffie. Don't hate me. *Snickers* Leave me some!

h? No p'