Chapter One-Hundred Sixty-Nine

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter 169

BPOV

Edward inhaled his omelet, groaning and using his sex sounds while he ate. I chuckled when he practically licked the plate, proclaiming his undying love of my cooking. Then, he looked at the clock and jumped at how late he was. With another kiss to my hair, he sprinted out of the condo, his messenger bag slung over his shoulder and his badge hanging around his neck. With a wave, he left the condo and I rolled myself to the couch to watch some television.

Around ten-thirty, my cell phone rang and it was Alice. She told me that she was on the way with Rosalie. Charlie was excited to Alice and Rose again. He had grown to like them, even though both of them were his 'keepers' while he was on this furlough from Sheridan. He even shaved and put on some stylish clothes. I rolled my eyes at his behavior. My dad is such a player. I love him, but as far as I knew, Alice and Jasper were a couple and Rose was quite taken by Emmett. It didn't stop him, though.

Shortly before eleven, there was a knock at the door, followed by the rattle of keys. I gripped the arms of my wheelchair. I knew who was on the other side of the door, but it didn't stop my panic from building inside. Charlie put his hand on my shoulder, giving me a warm smile.

Daddy's here.

Breathe, Bella. In and out.

"Hello?" came the raspy voice of Rose.

"In the living room," Charlie called as he pulled on his shirt. I elbowed him, giving him the bitch brow. He shot me a sheepish grin. Both women walked in, looking more casual than usual. Rose was in a pair of jeans and a cute, red top. Alice was in a skirt with matching shirt. I still felt like a slob in my workout pants and top, but looking down I smiled at my 'Cinderbella' slipper on my left foot.

"You ready to blow this Popsicle stand?" Alice asked, her smile infectious.

"Yeah," I nodded. "I just need to grab my purse."

"I can get it," Rose said. "Where?"

"Edward's master bedroom," I blushed. She nodded and walked down the hallway to Edward's room. Sauntering back, Rose handed me my oversized purse. Inside, were my jeans to change into after the cast was removed from my body. "Ready?"

"Yep," Alice smiled. She held my crutches and we left the condo, riding down to the garage. Parked in Edward's guest spot was a large SUV, similar to the one that drove us here once I was released from the hospital. "My car's in the shop and Rose has a two-seater. We swiped this from the bureau." I hopped up into the backseat while my wheelchair was placed in the back. Alice drove the car to the doctor's office, parking outside in the handicapped spot. Rose helped me out and pushed me into the office building while Alice parked the SUV. Almost immediately, I was called back and my leg was freed of the three weeks of sweat and plaster. My stomach rolled when I saw the nasty scars on it, but thankfully, I didn't puke. My leg was also so skinny from not being used. Kate would have her work cut out for her.

I put on my jeans and a single sock before getting fitted for the boot. The doctor said that I still couldn't put any weight on it for another two weeks, but I could lose the wheelchair. He also told me that he'd contact Kate regarding upping my physical therapy appointments. I wrinkled my nose at that but knew it was inevitable. I made an appointment to see the doctor for two weeks, checking with Edward to see if he could take me.

Hobbling out on my crutches, I met up with Alice and Rose in the waiting room. "I'm free," I smiled.

"I bet you are thrilled," Rose laughed. "I had a broken wrist a few years ago and when I lost the cast, I spent nearly an hour just scratching my arm and then another hour scouring it."

"That sounds really good right now," I chuckled. "But, I didn't really eat this morning and I'd love to get to know you better. My friends have fallen off the face of the planet and as much as I love Edward, having someone to share girly time is really nice."

Alice beamed when she heard me say that I loved Edward. "I'm so glad that you forgave him, Bella. Edward is one of the few really awesome guys out there. Now, I know the perfect thing for us, manis and pedis at this local spa."

"Even with my deformed foot?" I asked anxiously.

"I called ahead and informed them that one of the guests recently had surgery. It'll be fine," Alice smiled.

"Besides, we want to know all about the girl who pretty made our distant, pensive and moody Edward into a normal human being," Rose snickered. Alice made a face, smacking Rose on her arm. "What? Admit it! Edward's been borderline jovial since we've found Bella!"

"You're delusional, Ro," Alice snorted. "Come on. I'm certain you hate standing on those things and are dying for the pedicure, right?"

"Definitely. Edward tried and well, he got more on my skin than my actual toe nails," I giggled. "I give him credit for attempting, but I'd like my feet to be pampered."

"Ask and ye shall receive," Alice squealed.

A/N: We'll come back to them. I promise. Up next is Edward and his meeting with the US Attorney for his deposition. Leave me some!

: tOc0