Chapter Ninety-Nine

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter Ninety-Nine

After my breakdown from my nightmare, Bella and I went back to bed since it was still early in the morning. Even early for me. It was just after four and the sun had yet to even come up. When I finally woke up, I heard Bella quietly talking on the phone. She was dressed in a pair of shorts and a bikini top. "You guys just go and do the touristy thing. Edward and I had a rough night of it last night. We're just going to go to the pool and hang out...Angie! Stop! I was almost raped last night. Excuse me and Excuse Edward for not wanting to forget that everything is alright...Good, you probably should. I can't believe that you think that...fine. Have a safe flight back to Seattle." She slammed down her phone, curling up on the chaise on the balcony.

"Little One?" I called, pulling on a pair of shorts. She was crying, wiping her tears hastily. "What did Angie say?"

"How much did you hear?" she snorted derisively.

"I heard you yelling," I said, picking her up and putting her in my lap. "Tell me. You got to be my rock this morning. Now, I'm yours."

"She called asking if we still wanted to go out and go do the Spanish Steps and Coliseum," she said, waving her hand. "Then, she wanted to know if we were going out to a club tonight. You're right...we've had shitty luck with clubs lately. We need a vacation from the club scene. I told her that. Then, she kept pushing the touristy thing. Your nightmare, my attack...it was too much, Edward. I want to just go down to the pool and swim and be silly. Forget what happened. You know?" She wiped her nose and put her head back on the chaise. "Then, she began yammering on and on about this sale at Gucci and I reminded her about the attack from last night. Edward, he could have..." she cried, tears welling up in her eyes.

"But, he didn't," I said, wiping her tears away. "I'm s..."

"Don't you dare fucking apologize, Edward Masen," she hissed. "If anyone should apologize it should be Angie for being so fucking insensitive." Bella huffed out a breath. "She and Ben are probably going to fly back to Seattle since I'm acting like a Debbie Downer." She rolled her eyes dramatically. "Whatever."

I frowned, not really knowing what to say. I wanted to apologize. "Go ahead," she giggled, giving me a watery smile.

"I'm sorry," I said, holding her against my chest. "Is Angie typically like this?"

"Immature and materialistic? Yes. Then again, so was I," Bella said, tracing her fingers along my tattoo along my pec.

"Bella, you were never immature. Out of the group of your friends, you're the most mature," I said, tucking a hair back behind her ear, kissing her forehead.

"But you don't deny that I was materialistic," she snickered.

"Little One, you have more clothes than God," I chuckled.

"Nah, I talked to her and she's got waaaaaaaaay more," Bella said, snuggling into my arms. "How are you?"

"More worried about you," I said, kissing her head. "Are you sure you're okay? You're not hurt or anything?"

She held up her hands and there were bruises on her wrists. "Just this, but they don't hurt. Your hands look worse. Your knuckle on your right ring finger looks broken."

"It probably is," I said, wiggling my fingers. "I'm fine. I'm not getting a cast. It's obviously not my first broken bone."

Bella lifted my hand to her lips, giving each of my bruised knuckles a soft kiss. "I remembered your mom's prescription," she said, giving me a warm smile. Then, she enfolded me in a tight embrace. "Thank you for saving me."

"Thank you for saving me," I whispered back.

"Here's a wild idea," she said, her eyes wide. "Why don't we say fuck it all and leave for Venice today?"

"Our plane ticket is for tomorrow," I replied.

"You mentioned driving. It's only a five hour drive from Rome, not nearly as bad as the eight from Sorrento. We can rent a car there and take the plane back," she said, her eyes glittering. Her face fell and she took my face in her hands. "I just want to get out of here, Edward."

"Okay, Little One," I said, kissing her soft pink lips. "I'm going to shower since it probably looks like Carino is sitting on my head and then we can go."

"Your hair is a hot mess," she said, ruffling her fingers in my disheveled locks. "I'll make arrangements for the car. Can you be ready to go in an hour?"

"Bella, I'm a guy. I can be ready to go in five minutes," I said dryly.

"Oh, yeah. You're not like me," she said, tapping her finger to her lips.

"No, I'm not like you. But I like you a lot," I said, kissing her neck. "So much, Bella." I kissed up to her mouth, smiling crookedly before pressing three sweet kisses to her pink lips. "I'll be ready in an hour, Little One. Will you?"

"You bet, baby. What's our wager?"

"If I take longer than an hour, I will not bitch and moan if you buy me stuff. However, if you take longer than an hour, I pay for our trip to Venice, including the rental car, hotel and anything we do there."

"Edward, it's part of your birthday present," Bella chided.

"That's the wager. Do you accept?" I asked, holding out my right hand.

"Challenge accepted, Mr. Masen, but you're gonna lose," she giggled, hopping off my lap and running into the room.

A/N: Who wants to smack Angie? *Raises hand...* Me! Now, while I want to smack her, she will not be a problem. She's just acting like an immature, materialistic brat. Just saying. No pictures with this one, but next chapter will have the picture from their hotel in Venice...and possibly a lemon coming up soon??? Leave me some! Or find me Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation or on twitter: tufano79.

actA@/='