Chapter Eighty-Six

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter Eighty-Six

After dinner with Mario and Francesca, Edward and I drove down to the shore of the Mediterranean Sea in Sorrento. I could tell he wanted to talk about something. He held my hand, idly rubbing his thumb across my knuckles, igniting my skin. I drove to a secluded part of the beach, parking the Alfa Romeo. Edward helped me out of the car and we walked down to the beach, listening to the waves lapping the shore.

Gracefully, Edward sat down on the sand. I was wearing a dress and not really happy about this, but I followed suit, choosing to sit in his lap. "It's a good thing I like you, Bella," he snorted, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I'm wearing a white dress," I snickered. "Did you have fun with Mario?"

"Yeah. He's an amazing shot. Plus, he let me use his rifle out in the outdoor range," he beamed.

"You're such a guy," I giggled, smacking his arm.

"You'd be a lesbian if I were a girl," he smirked.

"Yeah, I like cock. I love having sex with a guy. I've made out with girls, but it doesn't do anything for me," I shrugged. "Making out with you, on the other hand..."

"Hmmm, I know," Edward purred, cupping my neck and kissing me sweetly. It was another kiss like we had in the house. I felt my heart stammer against my chest and I moaned lowly. His tongue massaged mine as he deepened the kiss. His arm was banded around my waist, holding me to his body. My fingers threaded in his hair, tugging on the soft, silken strands. His lips molded against mine, fitting with me perfectly. He drew my lower lip between his teeth, nibbling lightly on my lips. "You taste so good, my Bella."

I was his. Irrevocably. Any man after him will never stand up against my Edward. I wanted to sigh that I loved him. I wanted to scream it. I just wanted to say it, but I was afraid to put my heart on the line. I whimpered when his lips left mine and traveled down my jaw. He suckled on my earlobe, palming my breast as he drew my ear into his mouth. My fingers tightened in his hair, dragging his face back to mine. Languidly, I ran my lips across his, tasting his mouth. He growled lowly when I kissed down his neck, sucking on the sensitive spot at the juncture where his neck met his shoulder.

"Baby, as good as that feels, I didn't come here to kiss my girl," he chuckled/groaned.

"Can we continue once we're done talking?" I pouted, looking up at Edward through my eyelashes. His smile was soft and his eyes were twinkling as he nodded. "What's up, Edward?"

"Well, I overheard some of your conversation with Francesca," he began. "Mario translated for me." I glowered at him, kind of pissed off that he listened on a private conversation. "Don't be upset. It was just the tail end about Marcus and Caius, and, um your concerns about my identity."

"Edward, I was talking to Francesca in confidence," I hissed.

"I know, but Mario wanted to be nosy," he blushed. "Look, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have listened, but I can understand your worries about my identity. Can I tell you?"

"Have you lied about who you are?" I asked, wriggling out of his arms.

"No, Little One. I haven't. Everything I've said is true. I went through a time where I wanted to change my name, take on the last name of my foster family, but they would have had to adopt me and they couldn't afford it. My name is Edward Masen. I'm originally from Chicago, but now live in Seattle with you. My social security number is..."

"I don't need to know that," I deadpanned.

"I want you to run a background check on me if you are so concerned about who I say I am," he said, his green eyes beseeching me.

"Edward, I'm sorry for making you think that I don't trust you. It's just that with everything that's happening, I'm freaking out," I sighed. I looked at him. "I don't want to betray your trust and run the background check. If you say you're Edward Masen from Chicago, Illinois, then I believe you."

"Okay," he said, kissing my lips sweetly. I snuggled back into his arms, watching the moon and listening to the waves. I felt safe and happy. "There is another thing, though. I haven't been exactly truthful about something..."

"Edward, don't make me hurt you," I growled.

"You're still dropping your left shoulder. You can't hurt me," he snickered. I elbowed him and he chuckled. "Anyhow, I haven't been truthful about how much I love..."

A/N: Is he? Or isn't he? Their outfits from the dinner are on my tumblr, along with pictures of Sorrento at night. Links are on my profile. Hell, it's also on my blog, too. You can also find me on Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation or on twitter: tufano79. Lovin...I need it!

stf_���4�c�