Chapter One-Hundred Nineteen

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter 119

Riley's fingers grazed Bella's cheek and she smacked it away. "Get your filthy, disease-ridden paws away from me," she snarled.

"Oh, come on. You loved my filthy paws a couple of months ago," he smiled, licking his lips. "Out for a stroll with your bodyguard, baby? Ditch him and let's go back to my place for some fun." He thrust his hips and licked his lips, eyeing my girlfriend like she was naked.

"I'd rather eat shit," she spat. "Besides, you are probably disease-ridden if you've fucked with Renata. She's had more cock than a two dollar whore." She twined her fingers with mine, tugging on my arm. "Let's go, Edward. I really want you to take me out to Tulio's."

"Sure, baby," I said, glaring at the assclown.

"Baby? This old fart is your date?" Riley growled, grabbing Bella's arm.

"Stop it, Riley. That hurts," she said, twisting her arm out of his grip. I dropped her arm and fisted Riley's shirt, pushing him down the stairs. I was furious that he had hurt her. He needed to pay.

"Dude, back off," Riley said.

"You hurt my girl. Gives me the right to hurt you," I smirked, throwing him onto the ground. Ouch. Fucking ribs.

"Your girl. Bella's my girl. You two-timing me?" Riley sneered from his spot on the grass.

"You're delusional, Riley. We were never an item, just fuck buddies," she said. "Go back to Renata. I'm certain she's missing your loving." Bella took my hand and dragged me away. I was piercing daggers at Riley, who sat up on the ground. He was glaring right back, his face pulled up in an evil sneer. I took the car keys from Bella, helping her into the Mustang. I kept my eyes on Riley. I really wish I could have kicked his ass. I could already see bruises forming on her wrist from where he grabbed her. Getting into the car, I backed out with a little bit more gusto than necessary, peeling away from the English department house and driving toward Tulio's Italian Restaurant.

"Are you okay, Bella?" I asked, reaching for her hand.

"I'm fine. I feel like I need a shower, but I'm fine," she chuckled humorlessly.

"That's Riley?" I questioned, looking in the rearview mirror.

"Yeah, he's a douche. I don't know what I saw in him," she replied blandly. She looked up and bit her lip. "I was going to say 'good sex' but compared to our sex lives, it was mediocre, at best."

"Bella, I'm inexperienced..." I argued weakly.

"Oh no. The way you touch me, the way you talk and the way you make love to me, it's hardly inexperienced. But, I think a lot of it is due to the fact that I have very strong feelings for you," she whispered.

I knew she loved me. When we slept together (and I couldn't get comfortable and was awake due to my injuries), she muttered it all of the time. However, something was holding her back in saying it out loud while she was conscious. Probably the same thing that was holding me back in saying it to her. Subconsciously, she trusted me and loved me. Consciously, she was still leery. Besides, I think she knows something is up.

She contacted Seattle PD to discuss the bombing case with Alice and the police department doesn't even have an Alice on file working for them, past or present. Bella asked about a Jasper, but the only Jasper working in the police department was a curmudgeonly desk sergeant that was pushing retirement and weighed close to four hundred pounds.

She definitely knew something. I was afraid once she knew the truth...would she be able to trust anyone (well, me) again?

Despite that, Bella had been incredible while I was on the mend. Though, we both were more than a little horny. Okay, a lot horny. We tried fooling around but she elbowed me in the ribs and I quickly deflated, groaning in absolute agony. We had to call Doc to give me a shot. I, again, slept for two days. Bringing us back to the here and now...

"Bella, I can't be all that great in bed," I sighed, parking the car in Tulio's parking lot.

She smacked my arm. "Edward, you are the best lover I'd ever had. I miss being with you like that," she frowned.

"Me, too," I sighed. For me, it was the only true way I could show her how I love her. With each caress, each kiss, each whisper...it was another symbol of my devotion for her. "Fucking Volturi," I spat. "Damn Demetri and Felix to the deepest pits in hell for pummeling the shit out of me." Bella lips dipped into a deep frown with such sad eyes. I knew it was at least a couple more weeks before we could try anything. I refused to get injected with that pain killer again. It made me all fuzzy and it made me so tired. Sleeping for two days ain't normal.

We went into Tulio's, having a filling late lunch and ordered some to-go for Charlie and Emmett. Once we were done and our food was packaged up, we drove back to Charlie's mansion. Back at the house, Bella told her father about her classes and her internship. Charlie was pleased, hugging her tightly. He suggested going out, but Bella blushed when she held up the bags from Tulio's.

After dinner and a movie, Bella and I went up to her room to go to sleep. I was spent from being out and from pushing Riley around. That night, when we were in bed, my mind drifted as I was unable to sleep. Bella's head was on my chest and she was mumbling quietly about the future. I smiled, wanting the same things that she did.

A marriage.

A family.

A future.

I just prayed that it was still possible when Bella /knew the truth. How was I going to tell her, though?

A/N: No pictures with this one...but there will be some future pervy pictures in upcoming chapters. Find me on Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation or on twitter: tufano79. Leave me some!!

''