Chapter One-Hundred Sixty-Six

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter 166

BPOV

After Edward left, I couldn't sleep. It felt weird to be in a bedroom without the incessant beeping, nurse gossip and the stench of industrial cleaner. The room was pitch black and the bed was incredibly comfy, but listening to Edward say that he wouldn't kiss me until I trusted him, pissed me off. I understood where he was coming from, but it still pissed me off. I wanted to start to feel normal.

You know, normal?

I missed normal.

"Carino, what should I do?" I sighed. She mewled and cuddled deeper on my belly. Huffing out an irritated breath, my eyes drifted shut and I managed to fall asleep. My dad woke me up for dinner. Stiffly, I got back into my wheelchair and rolled myself into the dining room in Edward's condo. Dinner was quiet. Edward was not a gourmet cook, but he tried. The grilled chicken was dry but he tried to hide it by making a massive Cobb salad.

After dinner, Edward set me up in the family room with the remote while he and Charlie worked on the dishes. Charlie went to bed early and the Mariners were sucking. I was trying to stay awake, but failing miserably. Tomorrow I had an appointment with Irina, my therapist and then with her sister, Kate, my physical therapist. It was destined to be a long day.

And it was. I spent more time sobbing in my therapy appointments than necessary. And yes, I mean both. Irina was trying to get me to come to grips with my trust issues with Edward. Kate just made me do some hip flexor exercises that kicked my ass. She also removed the sutures from my hip as well. My swan tattoo had been mutilated and now it looked like shit.

Emmett came to visit me the following day and he brought over my laptop, some books and my own clothes. I was living in Edward's sleepwear, but I wanted my own shirts. I was drowning in his. He also brought over some of my grooming necessities. I was feeling unattractive and I wanted to look pretty again, despite my injuries.

On Friday morning, my cell phone rang. I was typing on my laptop, journaling as Irina suggested. I picked it up without looking at the caller ID. "Hello?"

"Miss del Cigno?" came a woman's voice.

"Can I help you?" I responded.

"This is Dr. DuRoy's office from Virginia Mason Medical Center. Your test results have come back in," she said. "We have availability this afternoon at three."

"Can I call you back?" I asked. She replied that I could and we ended the call. Charlie was reading in his room and Edward was working out in the gym in the basement of his condo. Texting Edward, I told him about the call from the hospital. He was back upstairs in ten minutes. He was on the phone with Carlisle, explaining the need to leave his condo. Reluctantly, we were given clearance and at three, I was sitting in Dr. DuRoy's office with my father, anxiously waiting to hear if Aro was a lying sack of shit.

Charlie was holding my hand, gently rubbing his thumb across my knuckles. "Principessa, no matter what, you're my baby girl," he whispered.

"I know," I muttered, gripping his hand. Edward had just dropped us off and was meeting with his mom while we were in the doctor's office. I was appreciative of that, but I really wished Edward was with us. I could have used his quiet strength right now. "I love you, Daddy," I choked out.

He kissed my temple and whispered his love to me in Italian. A nurse called us and Charlie rolled me into Dr. DuRoy's office. Dr. DuRoy was an older gentleman. He was referred to us by my orthopedic surgeon. "Thank you for coming in," Dr. DuRoy smiled.

"I hope you have good news," I whispered, nervously playing with my bracelet. "Tell us, Dr. DuRoy. Please?"

"I received the sample from Aro Volturi, Charles del Cigno and you, Isabella del Cigno. We compared the DNA and these are our findings," Dr. DuRoy said. "The results that Mr. Volturi had were fabricated. There is no way that he could be your biological father, for a couple of reasons. Number one, the DNA markers do not match up at all." He pointed to some numbers that didn't make any sense to me. The only thing I was focused on was the number, relating me to Charlie. Charlie was my dad. "Secondly, Aro is sterile. When he was incarcerated, he went through a thorough examination."

"They're definitely thorough," Charlie deadpanned, shifting on his seat. "Why do they need to examine every orifice? My asshole isn't hiding anything but hemorrhoids."

Dr. DuRoy chuckled nervously. I smacked my father. "How did you know this?"

"Aro had an accident as a child where he lost one testicle, from climbing a fence. Then, when he was twenty, he had testicular cancer, resulting in the removal of the remaining testicle. He can't have children naturally since he is incapable of producing sperm," Dr. DuRoy said. "Mr. del Cigno, you are Isabella's biological father. What he said was a lie and a ruse."

"So, my baby girl is my baby girl?" Charlie asked, tears splashing onto his cheeks.

"Yes, sir," Dr. DuRoy smiled.

A/N: Aro is a lying sack of shit! Another jump in time, still in Bella's point of view coming up next. Leave me some! Oh and find me on Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation or on twitter: tufano79.

Xx0