Chapter Ninety

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter Ninety

The next morning dawned bright and hot. Edward and I were tangled underneath a sheet. I was curled up with my back to his chest. His hand was gently cupping my breast and his erection was trapped between my ass cheeks. The bedspread had been kicked off the bed and lay in a heap on the ground. Carefully, I extricated myself from Edward's vice-like grip. He frowned, searching for me. I giggled quietly, putting a pillow in his arms. He scowled but accepted it, mumbling incoherently.

I tiptoed to my closet and grabbed a swimsuit and a towel. I needed to clear my head. Edward's sleepy admission had brought me solace, to an extent, but also freaked me out. Like I'd said before, I never said 'I love you' to someone that wasn't a family member in my entire life. I do not count the blurt out admission with Gio. That was just the orgasmic bliss talking.

With another glance at Edward, I darted out of the bedroom and into his room to change into my bikini. It was relatively sedate. Well, for me. I was all about showing as much skin as humanly possible without actually being naked. This wasn't. It was a purple and pink floral bikini with a halter top. I brushed my teeth, padding to the kitchen to grab some coffee.

Carino mewled quietly when she saw me. She stumbled toward me, rubbing her furry body along my legs. "You want to go outside with me, Carino?" I asked. She purred, leaning against my leg. I scooped her up and finished making my coffee. I carried her and my caffeine out onto the patio, sitting on a chaise lounge. Carino attacked my towel as I quietly sipped my coffee. She got bored pretty quickly and plopped down on my belly. "You are a hot little kitty," I snickered, rubbing her head.

She tilted her head, wanting some more loving. I massaged her tiny body, enjoying the quiet. "What do I do, Carino?" I mused. "I love him so much but...I don't know what to do. How to act." My cat looked up at me with an expression on her face that indicated that she could care less. "Thanks, you bitch."

She hissed at me, turning her back on me. I snickered, continued petting her downy coat. When I stopped, she gave me another look, 'why'd you stop? You abandoned me. Make up for it.' "So demanding," I giggled. Sighing, I just looked out over the yard and out to the sea.

I knew my feelings about Edward. However, saying them out loud scared the living shit out of me. Hearing him say it, solidified those feelings. I was so confused and wished my mom was around. Talking to Francesca helped out a lot, but she wasn't my mother.

"I was wondering where you went," Edward said, as he scratched his belly. He was in a pair of swim trunks. His face was sleep rumpled and his hair stuck up every which way. Carino perked up when she heard his voice, bouncing off the chaise and over to his legs, circling around his foot. He bent down, picking her up and nuzzled her chin. "You behaving for your momma?" Carino mewled, climbing up his chest to perch on his shoulder. "I swear, cat, you're part parrot." Carino snuggled against his ear.

"She loves you," I said, giving him an adorable grin.

"I love her, too." Carino mewled happily, purring like a chainsaw. "Little furball." He walked over to the chaise and sat down across from me. "You okay? It's awfully early for you. I was shocked when I felt around the bed when I woke up only to find a cold spot," he frowned.

"Sorry. I was really hot this morning and restless, too. I didn't want to wake you," I said, threading my fingers with his.

"So, coming out here in the sun is your answer?" he quipped.

"Shut it," I snickered. "How'd you sleep?"

"Like a baby," he beamed. "I've never been so relaxed or hmmmmm." He leaned forward to kiss me and he pressed three soft kisses to my mouth. "What do you want to do today?"

"This," I answered. "Enjoy the quiet before we're invaded by my father and obnoxiously loud family. I also want to pick your brain about what you want to do for your birthday. I've got thirteen days to plan."

He wrinkled his nose. "Just spend time with you," he answered petulantly.

"Do you want to go somewhere in Italy? We don't have to stay in Sorrento," I suggested.

"I'll leave it to you," he said as he put the now sleeping Carino onto the towel by my feet. "Let's swim, Little One. Perhaps sans swimsuits?" His brows waggled wickedly.

"I've created a monster," I laughed.

"Can I help it that my girlfriend is the hottest thing in the northern hemisphere?" he quipped. "I want to see you." He stood up, shimmied out of his swimsuit and wiggled his pale behind adorably as he walked to the pool. "I know you're ogling my ass."

"It's a fine ass," I said.

"Come get it, baby," he smirked before diving into the pool.

A/N: Pictures of Bella's swim suit are on my blog. Link's in my profile. We're switching POVs next chapter. Back to Edward. Find me on Facebook (Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation) or on twitter: tufano79. Leave me some!

S'