Chapter Sixty-Six

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter Sixty-Six

We played in the water until the sun dipped low in the sky. Whenever Edward touched me, my heart took off in excitement. I never wanted his hands away from my body with the feeling I was experiencing. However, that couldn't be normal. Could it?

I shook that notion out of my brain and went to cook some dinner for us. Edward said he wanted to check in with Emmett and Charlie. I took a quick shower before walking back to the kitchen. Focusing on dinner, I made some baked chicken. I could hear Edward speaking quietly to Emmett, informing him about our arrival. I didn't want to intrude so I went back to making dinner.

An hour later, I had some baked chicken with some balsamic marinade along with some wild rice and orzo salad. Edward and I ate quietly. He seemed troubled and was obviously thinking about something. When he woodenly got up to clean up the meal, I had to find out what was wrong. "Is everything okay, Edward?" I asked.

His face was an impassive mask. "Fine, Little One," he replied. "Just tired."

"No, Edward. You're not tired. You're thinking about something," I said.

"I'm always thinking about something," he said dryly.

"Don't give me shit, Edward," I snapped. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," he said as he began washing the dishes with a little more gusto than necessary. I smashed my lips together and stomped away. If he wasn't going to tell me, then I won't force him. I slipped into bed and curled up. I wasn't sure how long I lay there. Edward came into the room, carrying a bowl of pistachio gelato. I scowled at him. "I was a dick, Bella. I'm sorry."

"No, you weren't," I said. "I've been pushing a lot of buttons lately and..."

"Bella, I wasn't upset about our relationship. I was upset about something that Emmett said to me," Edward explained, handing me the gelato. I pushed the spoon into the green creamy goodness, but couldn't eat it. "I didn't want to talk about it. Not right after dinner. I had to understand what was going on." I looked at him. "Emmett told me that the crew tried to orchestrate a hit against Jane, Alec and Marco."

"And?"

"It didn't happen. They left the country before it could come to fruition," Edward explained. "The three of them separated but Jane may have flown to Italy."

"She's here?"

"I don't know if she's here, but as far as I've been told, she's in Italy," Edward muttered. "I would have told you but I needed to process it, Bella."

"Edward, we can't hide things from each other. Especially something as big as that," I snarled, putting the gelato onto the nightstand.

"Bella, I'm new this whole relationship thing. I wanted to figure out the least invasive way to tell you that one of the assassins who tried to kill you in Seattle may have just flown to Italy. PLUS, I have to make sure that you're safe. Charlie has called several security companies and one of them is coming tomorrow to install a state of the art alarm system in the house. Your father is very close to flying here as we speak because he doesn't want his baby girl to be hurt. Now, be pissed at me all you want. I never intended to hurt you but I wanted to gloss it over as opposed to throwing it in your face," he barked, picking up the untouched dessert. He left the bedroom and I could hear him stomp into the kitchen

We both were right. We both were wrong. I didn't know what to do. Like him, I wasn't very experienced in relationships. Sex? I was a fucking expert. Relationships? Not a damn clue.

A/N: Who's right? Who's wrong? Hmmmm? Anyhow, you know the drill. Leave me some loving!

atin;msec