Chapter Thirty-Seven

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter Thirty-Seven

On Monday, Bella had to go back to class. Using my car, we drove to campus. It brought back memories of my college days except I went to much larger universities. Carlisle insisted on it. Nothing but the best for my boy. Stanford for undergrad and some classes at Harvard for graduate school. Her school was roughly three thousand students, both graduate and undergrad combined.

"Dude, seriously, this car," Bella grumbled, looking around my Mustang. "Why?"

"Relax, Little One," I snorted. "I've got an appointment today with a friend who can paint this for me. We'll be traveling in style in no time. Charlie's bonus is paying for it."

"I'm not trying to sound materialistic or anything but, the engine...fuck! Purrs like a kitten but the outside?" she whined.

"I lived in a shithole apartment. This lovely vehicle was exposed to all of the elements. Before, it was black. Now, it's this rusted, blackish gray blob," I laughed. "What color should I get it painted?"

"Whatever you want it to be. But anything has to be an improvement from this," she giggled. "Does this outing count as a date?"

"No, Bella," I deadpanned. "You will know when I take you out on a date. I'll even ask you and shit." She scowled at me. "Oh, stop it. I thought you said you'd rein in the princess moments." She huffed out a breath and rolled her eyes, laughing quietly. "What's up first?"

"Brit lit, then business, biology, lunch and finish with music appreciation," she said. "Tomorrow is more literature focused...Romantic literature and American literature."

"I'm guessing your major is literature?" She nodded. "What's your minor?"

"My minor in business," she shrugged. "Have you ever wanted to go to college?"

"Yeah," I answered. "Get my degree in criminal justice or pre-law."

"How ironic," she winked.

"I really respected the police who helped me with my situation with my dad. I'd want to pay it back, you know? But, I'd have to save up a lot more money to be able to go to college." Yeah, I've already got my degree. Pre-law and have completed a number of law courses. I have two classes to take and then the bar. I'd be a practicing attorney. I hate lying to her...Her lips pursed and her mind was working. "No, Bella."

"Come on! You're smart! You can easily get a college education," she said.

"I may be smart but right now, we need to focus on you and your family. Aro is fifty shades of crazy and I don't trust him, his wife or his skanky daughter."

"She really is skanky. Can you believe that dress at the wake?"

"She looked like she was going to Verdant as opposed to a wake," I snickered. I parked the car and helped Bella out of the car. "Can I escort you to class, Miss del Cigno?"

"Does this count as a date?" she giggled, taking my hand.

"No, Bella," I laughed.

"Dang it!"

We walked to class and went inside. Bella took out a paper, turning it into a bin and then sat down next to me. She put a notebook, pen and a digital recording device on her desk. "Now, don't distract me with your hotness," she admonished.

"Is that why you have the digital recorder?" I smirked.

She blushed and narrowed her eyes. "No," she scoffed. "It's because I have a bad memory. I take notes but I don't remember the context in which they were given. The recorder helps." I nodded and sat back. The professor walked in and reminded the students about their assignment. Roughly half turned them, much to the professor's chagrin. The professor did not look pleased. The class was interesting, but not my cup of tea. Plus, it would have probably helped if I had read the material they were discussing.

The rest of the day followed in a similar fashion. Save for lunch. We went to some restaurant on campus and ate some greasy food. Bella ran into some of her friends and I spent that time feeling very uncomfortable as they discussed girly shit. I really did not need to know that Jessica was jonesing for some chocolate because she was about to get her period.

Yeah, TMI.

Bella shot me an apologetic look for that one.

The last class for the day was her music appreciation. I was looking forward to this one. After I was taken in by Carlisle and Esme, they struggled with finding something to help with my minor rage (okay, major) issue. The one thing that calmed me down was always music. Esme suggested I take piano lessons. Reluctantly, I went and found that I loved it and that I was fucking great at it. Now, I'm not a concert pianist or anything but I am good. I also picked up the guitar as well. It calmed me down as a teenager and provided an outlet for my emotions when I was an adult.

I enjoyed the lecture during music appreciation, absorbing everything the professor said. It was fairly basic in regards to college lessons but it was a gen ed requirement, not an upper level music class. As Bella was packing up, she gave me a shy smile. "You liked this class?"

"Very much. I love music," I replied honestly.

"Do you play anything?"

"Piano, some guitar," I shrugged. "I forgot to grab my guitar when I went back to my apartment. I'll have to get it at some point."

"I'd love to hear you play," Bella breathed.

"I'm not that good. It's merely for fun and relaxation," I chuckled nervously. Bella gave me a warm grin as she picked up her supplies, stuffing them into her messenger bag. Once she was done, I picked up the bag and offered her my hand. With anyone else, holding hands would cause me to run away in a panic. But, feeling Bella's little hand twined in mine made me feel strong. It also calmed me in a way that I'd never felt before. "You ready to go get my car painted?"

"Does this count as a date?" she laughed.

"Ugh, Little One..."

A/N: Outfits from their day at school are on my polyvore: tufano79. Also, find me on Facebook and twitter: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation and tufano79. As always, I'd appreciate some lovin!

7'