28. "You asked for it"

Chp28. "You asked for it"

---------------------------------

Dedicated to- AmeezyEpicness because her comment made me smile :)

----------------------------------

"You know you aren't too bad."

"What are you trying to say?" I mocked as I smiled at Austin. I took a sip of my orange soda.

He chuckled in response going for his third slice of pizza now.

That boy could eat.

"It means maybe you aren't that little annoying stuck up girl I always saw you as before."

I raised one eyebrow in amusement. I took a real note of him, he was sitting across from me. I was able to tell that he was freezing in his seat but if I were to tell him that he would only deny it. Austin was something else.

"Is that a compliment?" I questioned unsure yet amused.

"I don't know you tell me." He chuckled softly, swallowing his food. "Did you take that as a compliment?"

I made sure to take a long time to reply to his question. There were times where he would just leave me speechless; unable to talk. Where my replies were limited.

"With you, I'm not so sure." I confessed. "You confuse me."

Austin's lips instantly curved into his usual known smirk. Licking his lips, he sighed leaning back against his seat. "You say that as if it's a bad thing."

"Well maybe because it's usually never said to be a good thing." I pointed out.

"Confusion is good."

Swallowing the last bit of my spaghetti, I wiped my mouth with the napkin on the side. "How so?" I challenged his comment, eager to know his reply.

"You want to be different." Austin said. "You want to confuse people, you don't want to let everyone figure you out. What's the fun in that?" He cocked his head to the side. "A mystery is always good and always eager to be solved."

Again I stood there with absolutely no words in mind. I've never thought about it that way. I always saw it as letting people know who you are exactly, that way they wouldn't go so much out of their way trying to figure one single person out. I guess people have different perspectives.

"There's nothing fun in people if there's no mystery to solve." He said again trying to get his point across.

"So you want people to figure you out? To solve your 'mystery'"? I said quoting the word mystery with my fingers.

Austin's smirk disappeared from his face in a heartbeat. His lips formed into a thin line "No." He said emotionless:

I groaned frustrated, crossing my arms together against my chest. "There you go again, confusing me."

Austin burst into a small laugh, shaking his head. "That's the point."

"You're acting very different." I said thinking out loud.

And the thing is, that he was. Austin was acting very different, something totally catching me off guard. How does one go from ignoring a person for two weeks and all of a sudden just change their mood completely for a day. I couldn't possibly comprehend.

"I am?" Austin raised his voice.

I looked down to my lap, feelings his gaze on me. I bit my bottom lip uncontrollably as I nodded in reply.

"Oh so you like me being an asshole?" Austin questioned me. "If you wanted me to treat you like shit all you had to do is ask, Mia."

"That's not what I meant." I protested.

"That's what it sounded like." He snapped.

It was amazing how in one second everything can be so calm and collected but in another Austin's mood changed, and he would act completely different. He was taking this bipolar thing to a whole different level. At time it was way too much and not to mention also very frustrating.

"I hate when you do this." I mumbled completely pissed off.

Austin stood up from his seat earning a couple of looks from the people by. My eyes widened when he decided to stand right beside me. From how tall he is, he was hovering over me like a giant. I parted my eyes from him and looked for Damon. After I finally caught Damon's attention I motioned to Austin, giving him a pleading look.

"You hate when I do what?" He growled next to me, stepping in closer.

In no time all eyes were on Austin and I. There were a few people talking and eating their food, minding their own business. But mostly everyone stared at the current situation Austin was creating.

"Austin." I spoke quietly, looking up as I feared what was bound to happen next. "Don't cause a scene." I desperately begged.

Damon quickly reached to our table and sat his hand on Austin's shoulder once he reached him. "Calm the hell down. Not in public" he spoke softly into Austin's ear.

Austin however didn't see it as Damon trying to help him out, instead he took it completely the wrong way. "Damon why the fuck are you always getting in my damn business." Austin snapped aggressively taking Damon's hand away from his shoulder.

"I'm trying to help before you make yet again another scene." Damon explained surprisingly calm.

"I don't need your fucking help." Austin said annoyed in a harsh tone. "When are you gonna get that in your head?" He rolled his eyes.

I looked at both Damon and Austin. I was fearing the whole situation. Again I couldn't even have one decent meal without fighting. I knew how Austin acted towards Damon. At some point they would be cool but at other times, Austin just despised him. Probably even more than I despised Riley.

"We are in public." Damon noted again.

I looked around the room as every face started to stare at us. Stella quickly got up from the table and rushed over to us. "What's going on?" She said confused.

Austin groaned. "God, you're just like your fucking brother, always getting into my damn business. I thought I dropped your ass a long time ago."

"Don't fucking talk to her like that!" Damon yelled in Austin's face, only making everything worse.

This was all because of me. I should have kept my damn mouth shut.

Austin pushed Damon away from him. My heart was beating extremely fast. I had a strong feeling things weren't going to turn out so good between both of them, it never really did.

Damon was asking for a fight and surely Austin was going to give it to him.

But the most strange thing happened. Instead of Austin throwing punches at Damon which I had expected, he laughed.

Austin laughed. He was still laughing.

"Why the fuck are you laughing for?" Damon growled still pissed off.

Austin's smile grew only bigger catching Damon's eyes. Austin looked down at me, I was still trembling in fear.

"Is this-" he gestured around as everyone still stared. "The thing you hate that I do?" He chuckled.

Speechless. That's the word.

He then looked over to Damon. "That's what I'm good at right? Making scenes. Might as well give everyone something to talk about." He laughed yet again taking a seat. Damon stood there with Stella motionless.

Austin was now siting across from me like before, having that smirk plastered on his face. "You look cute when you're scared babe." He winked.

That fucking cocky jerk.

I came to a conclusion that Austin planned this entire thing just to see my reaction. Well I'm glad someone had fun out of this. Which was basically only him.

A few minutes later the restaurant's manager came over to where all of us were and asked politely to leave, and so we did. And I was extremely glad we did. I couldn't stand to look at anyone there, it was way too embarrassing. There was absolutely no need for all of this mess. It was so uncalled for, not to mention very childish. But it was most likely a move only Austin would pull.

There are points where you just don't know if he's playing around or being truthfully serious. And this was one demonstration to prove it. He had so many different sides to him, and they were all a mystery. A mystery that I didn't dare want to solve.

Not yet.

-----

After getting kicked out of the restaurant we all got back into Austin's car frustrated and finally ready to go home. The ride back home was indeed quite awkward. Damon stayed quiet most of the time only building the tension up.

I was still wearing Austin's hoodie when we arrived back to the house. Damon didn't bother to speak to anyone, in fact he bolted straight to his room.

I made my way up the stairs as Austin followed behind right along.

"Oh, here's your hoodie back." I said as I started to pull it off my body as we both walked into the room.

Austin shook his head and stopped me before the hoodie was completely off.

"Just keep it. Besides, it looks better on you than it looks on me." He said licking his lower lip slowly.

A blush managed to escape, I looked down to my shoes so he wasn't able to notice it. I mumbled a small thanks back. Too embarrassed to even look at him. But that didn't make me forget what he had caused back there. I was still pretty angry because of that.

"It was wrong what you did." I commented, referring back to that incident at the restaurant.

"You asked for it." Austin nodded once and placed his hands inside the pockets of his jeans. "Sleep tight." And with that he left, closing the door from behind.

I was way too tired to even get dressed and ready for bed, I just wanted to sleep already. Let this day pass. I turned off the lights from the room, leaving everything go back into pure darkness. I then sleepily made my way to the bed; since I wasn't able to see anything due to the dark I made sure I didn't hurt myself along the way. Finally reaching the king bed ,I pulled the covers and got myself inside. In no second I started feeling the warmth the sheets were sending me already.

After some time of just laying there in bed I finally started to doze off. My eyes were starting to close fully. My body felt relaxed immediately. But something didn't feel right. I felt as if someone was watching me sleep, it was such a strange feeling that I wasn't able to explain. It was tormenting feeling such way.

It only got worse by minute. I still continued to keep my eyes shut, too scared to open them. I'm pretty sure it's just a feeling you get. It's like one of those when you feel being watched but it's just all in your head.

Though this time it wasn't that...

Catching me off guard I felt a pair of hands quickly covering my mouth. I shot right up alerted, my eyes where roaming around to see but I couldn't. Everything was pitch black. The hands only tighten around my mouth harder than they were before. I was panicking, my breathing had picked up and I felt my heart jumping out of my chest.

I couldn't scream, I wasn't able to call for help; the hands were covering my mouth unable for me to make a sound.

This seemed too familiar, brining unwanted memories back.

The last thing I remembered before my eyes went fully shut, was being carried away in someone's arms.

And after that, my body and mind were released into the pure darkness; that one darkness I was trying so hard to save myself from.

------------------

VOTE!! :)