14. "Are you okay?"

Chp14. "Are you okay?"

-----------------

Sorry for any mistakes, xo

-----------------

"We gotta leave" Austin said taking my hand and pulling me from the bed "Now"

I was still sort of sleeping maybe, I couldn't really process what the hell was going on. Why was he in such a hurry? And where are we going? And mainly why?

My brain didn't seem to function right. I was so out of place, mostly because I had no fucking clue what was going on. Also I was sore. Do you ever have those days where you just somehow sleep sort of weird and wake up really sore? Yeah, well I'm having one of those. And it's all because of how Austin decided to sleep here which I still have no idea why. All night I tried my best to turn and get comfortable without making any noise that would wake him up due to the fact that I didn't want to face him. Of course this led to me sleeping awkwardly and waking up extremely sore.

"Austin what are you doing?" I whined half asleep. One thing I did not do well was to be awake during my sleep.

"Shhhh" he hushed me steadily

I only nodded in agreement following his orders. I probably looked like I was intoxicated with drugs. But I didn't care, I was still so sleepy.

"Go get dressed, I'm going to get a few things and I'll be back" he assured me

I walked over to the bathroom and decided to sprinkle a little bit of cold water all over my face to make sure I'm fully up. I chose to wear some of the clothes Austin had bought for me. A pair of dark denim jeans and a simple top. I wasn't sure where we were going but Austin was in such a hurry I didn't know what to think.

I was really hoping it didn't have to do anything with this Riley man, I was really freaked out by him. Though knowing I'm here because of him it probably has to do with him. But the only thing that kept me going was the fact that Cora had told me before she knew this was going to be over before I knew it. And I trusted her with it. She seemed like a genuine person so she had to be right. I'd be seeing my dad very soon. That was the only that kept me going with this.

I tied the shoelace of my right foot before Austin came barging in "Ready?" He had a bag on his shoulder

"I guess so"

"Take a sweater. It's cold out" he informed me, I did what I was told again.

Zipping the sweater up I was really curious to know what Austin had in that bag. It looked heavy and full.

"What's in there?" I asked Austin motioning to the bag

"Money"

At first I was surprised to know he didn't freak out about me asking him questions like he usually would. I wasn't really sure if I should ask why it was filled with money but I wanted to ask just one more question. Hoping he wouldn't get mad at me for my form of curiosity I asked how much was in it. But he only chuckled and shook his head.

"Don't make a sound" we were walking - tip toeing around the house until we finally made it outside. And he was right, indeed it was quite cold. I hated when he was right.

"I've got everything else in the trunk, just get it"

I opened the door to his fancy black car and got in putting on my seatbelt; remembering how last time I was here I didn't even get a chance to put it on since Austin had speeded off. I was hoping he wasn't going to this time.

And he didn't. We started to drive off, the huge house slowly becoming smaller each time we got farther away until it disappeared completely from sight. I turned my head to Austin's direction, he had only one hand on the stirring wheel and it kinda made me a little nervous. He looked tense, he wasn't being himself.

"Are you okay?" I asked concerned. Even though Austin and I didn't really get along I still wondered what was going on with him.

He briefly took his eyes away from the road to look at me. Those hazel like green eyes of his were dull as well as his entire face. I stared back noticing every feature and how it didn't look the same as I always saw them. That jerk, asshole, mysterious yet fascinating Austin wasn't here- this Austin looked nothing nothing like him.

"What?" He retuned his eyes to the road

"I asked if you were okay"

"Yeah" he only nodded.

The moon was the only light out. It was pitch dark out and once in a while you could see the stars but besides that it was nothing else. Suddenly I started to get this feeling inside of me, I instability felt scared or sad or angry maybe even happy. I couldn't even explain what was going on with me. Even myself was surprised with this sudden mood change. I wanted to cry, I wanted to laugh- what the hell is going on...

"Austin..." I said slowly something was happening. I didn't like this feeling

He didn't answer

"Austin!" I said a little louder this time

Irritated he only sighed "What now?"

"I think I'm going to be sick"

In a matter of second Austin had pulled over to the side of the road. I wasted no time in getting out before I barfed all over the green grass on the side.

Once

Twice

Three times

Right after I was done I got back inside the car.

Don't cry

Don't cry

Don't cry

Fuck

My eyes started to get really watery, so much that I wasn't even able to see. Then I started crying. I could taste my tears and I felt so so stupid crying right in front of Austin. I hated crying in front of people. And in this moment I realized how much I was holding in. I couldn't take it. But I had to just get this over with; soon I'll be happy again with my family, friends and dad. Just soon.

"Are you okay?" the tables were switched up now, Austin was the one asking me if I was okay

I shook my head "I'm not okay"

He stayed quiet

"I'm so sorry" I said in breaths

"Why?"

"For making such a mess, for being such a mess. I'm being a complete mess in your fancy expensive car right now" I was still sobbing and I hated myself right there.

"Don't be silly" he said

I scoffed calming down "You must think I'm so stupid"

"I don't"

"I'm so pathetic, you were right... I'm weak."

"You're not"

"Stop!" I yelled annoyed "Just stop"

"What do you mean?" Austin said turning the engine off leaving the only noise of the cars passing by

"Stop telling me these stupid things to make me feel better. You're only making it worse" I cried harder this time

"And it doesn't really matter because you hate me and I hate you. This is how things are and I just want all of this to be over so I can just go home and be back with everyone"

"You hate me?" He asked but it came out as a faint whisper. There was no emotion in his voice whatsoever.

"Just leave me alone"

I brought my knees up to my chest and curled into a small ball covering my face and sobbing every now and then. I wanted to be alone and scream. Just let everything out. I guess that this is meant to be. Everything was so perfect and somehow it's all hell now. I had everything- and now I'm so broken. I'm so lost and I couldn't find myself along the way. I've never been so down before and it's amazing how one day you have everything there for you but the next day everything is gone. Life is full of shit and then you die. I didn't know if I was ready for what was happening next. I was just hoping my dad would give Riley what he wanted and this could all be over.

"I'm not good with this emotional shit and all-" the sound of Austin's voice breaking the long silence had filled the car. I looked up slightly.

"but just... hang in there okay" he shoved my shoulder playfully

This brought a small smile to my face. I wiped my tears slowly and laughed at him trying to comfort me. He was definitely not the emotional type of guy.

"At least you tried" I laughed silently

"Believe me. I've done worse" a least he was trying... almost.

"It's fine. I was just in my feelings" I sat up and buckled the seatbelt back on.

"We all have those days"

He started the engine back on but he didn't pull back on the road just yet. I wondered why he didn't. Austin had both of his hands on the wheel as he stared off to the distance; deep in thought. I didn't bother to speak only because my throat hurt like a bitch and I was still pretty sore. God, everything was wrong with me today. I couldn't bare with myself. I was really a mess now that I think about it. Maybe I just try to at least keep my emotions inside me I won't make a fool out myself a-

"Do you honestly believe I hate you?" Austin interrupted my train of thoughts. I was taken back at why he would ask me that as if he really cared what I thought about him.

"I assumed" I whispered slowly

"Why?"

"Well- we can't stand each other. You said if it was your choice I would be dead by now. We are constantly fighting and I'm pretty sure you hate spending time with me. But you are forced to so you have to" I explained

He stood there quiet for a brief second before he finally spoke "I don't hate you"

Facing me he continued to talk "Yeah I might not like you. But I don't hate you..."

"Oh"

"We just don't go together"

There was nothing left for me to say so I stayed quiet.

Austin nodded ending the conversation and finally brought us back on the road. I had a strong feeling that this was going to be a long car ride so I simply just laid my head back and snuggled up on my oversized sweater and closed my eyes hoping I would be able to catch up on my sleep.

But with Austin here beside me, all bets where off.

--------------------------------

VOTE AND COMMENT! :)