Big Brother To The Rescue

-A week after Yn talked to Santo-

*CJ's POV*

I was sitting by the slide, talking to my friend, Devon, when Aaliyah ran up to me crying. "Bubba, he pushed me off the swing." She cried, showing me her arm. There was a little blood on it, and some dirt.

"Who?" I asked.

"Terry."

"Come on, let's go to the nurse. I'll take care of him later." I told my little sister.

I took my sister up to the teacher and told her what happened. She just told me she'll talk to the kid and took Aaliyah to the nurse. I rolled my eyes and went to find Terry by myself. She's not gonna talk to him, but he could've broke my sister's arm.

I found him by the swings still, shouting rude things at other kids. He's just mad cause he was too dumb and failed a year. I tapped his shoulder, dad tells me not to throw the first hit, but if someone swings on me, I get the last hit.

His hand made contact with my cheek, and then it was my turn. Dad also says that slapping is for sissy's. My fist connected with his jaw, and then again, and again. He missed one hit, and he got one on me. I threw one more punch, knocking him over. "Hey, Terry, keep your hands off of girls, especially my little sister." I told him, before walking off like nothing happened.

"Chresanto August!" The teacher yelled, walking to me.

"Yes, ma'am?" I asked. I don't know her name, but I still have to be respectful.

"Office. Now." She growled. Well then, be rude.

I just shrugged and made my way to the office. "Afternoon, Mrs. Sikes." I told my principle. She smiled at me.

"Whatcha need, sweetheart?" She asked. Mrs. Sikes knows my mom, so she pretty much knows me, and all my brothers and sisters. We all go to this school anyway.

"My teacher told me to come up here." I answered.

"Why?" She asked.

"Someone hit my sister." I answered.

"CJ, you know violence isn't allowed here." She scolded me.

"I know, but he hit me first and he hit my sister."

"I still have to call your mom." She told me. Great, now I'm in trouble.

"Okay." I sat in the chair, waiting for her to call.

I zoned out until I heard Mrs. Sikes saying my name. "You're mom wants to talk to you." She held the phone out.

Me- "Hey, mama."

Mama- "What did I tell you about hitting people?"

Me- "He hit Lay Lay."

Mama- "You could've told a teacher. I know you're just protecting her, but you can't get yourself into trouble."

Me- "I was going to just ask him nicely to not hit her again, even though he made her bleed cause he pushed her off the swing. But when I went to asked him, he slapped me."

Mama- *Sighs* "I believe you, but you're still getting suspended for it. I guess I'll sign all of you out early today and we can pick up your work and you can do it at home for the week your suspended. But if you keep fighting, coach won't let you on the team this year."

So, there was one other fight, but it was cause this kid named Jayden called my dad a few choice names and said some stuff about him being in jail.

Me- "I know. I'm sorry."

Mama- "It's okay. I'll be there in a few minutes. Just sit tight. I love you, CJ."