Little Secrets

"Baby girl, she had something to do with your dad dying. She didn't want him to be killed, but she was cheating on him. When she tried to break it off with the dude, because she wanted to have a real family with your dad. The man got jealous and shot your dad." Santo said, holding me tightly to him. I was beyond angry, almost livid.

"Calm down." Santo told me, pinning my arms to my side. I kept shaking.

"How am I supposed to calm down? She cheated on my dad, and because of that, he lost his life. I was two, Santo. I needed him, I didn't need the shit I went through because I didn't have him. I didn't deserve it, I was young!" I yelled, trying to get up. Santo flipped over so he was on top of me, pinning me to the couch.

"It's done with now, babe." He whispered, wiping my tears.

"Santo, it's not fair." I cried. He brought me into his arms and flipped back over. He pulled me on his chest.

"I know, baby girl. I know." He said, sitting up and rocking me. I continued crying into his chest. He continued rocking me and holding me tight for a long time. Then he stood up and carried me to our room, still holding me in his arms.

He went in the bathroom, setting me on the counter. He took my face in his hands and kissed me softly. When he pulled away, he told me not to move. Santo cut the water on for a bath and put bubbles in it. Then he came back over to me.

"I know it hurts, baby girl." Santo said, hugging me again. He placed a kiss on my forehead. "Relax." He whispered, rubbing up and down my back. Before I could speak, he pulled away from me and took my shirt off.

He stripped me down and then carried me to the tub. He sat me in it and he sat on the edge of the tub.

"Are you getting in?" I asked, looking up at him. He shook his head.

"Not tonight, baby girl. You need to relax." He told me.

"And I need my cuddle buddy to do that. Please?" I asked, pushing out my bottom lip. He sighed before biting his lip and looking down at me.

"Fine, but this is strictly just cuddling." He agreed, taking his shirt off. I smiled and waited for him to join me.

Santo got in beside me and wrapped his arms around me. I rested my head against him. I grabbed his hand and played with his fingers.

"Do you ever regret it?" I asked, looking up at him for a second.

"Regret what?" Santo asked me.

"Me, the kids, killing, selling drugs, saving me, loving me, marrying me. Anything." I said.

"Look at me a minute, baby." Santo instructed. I looked at him. He looked in my eyes, like he was searching for something.

"What?" I asked, looking back down at his fingers.

"Just trying to see if you were serious. That's a dumb ass question." He told me.

"Sorry." I apologized.

"But, since you wanna hear it, no I don't. I regret nothing, I love every decision I've made. Except for cheating on you years ago. That's the only thing I regret. I love you and the kids, I regret nothing I've done." Santo told me, making me look up at him. He leaned down and kissed me.

"Okay." I said, laying my head back on him.

"I gotta question." Santo announced. I waited for him to ask. "I want a baby." He stated.

"That's not a question, dumb ass." I said, looking up at him. He pretended to wipe tears.

"You so mean to me, witcho big head." He said. I laughed.