Hard Times

(Not all the lyrics are in order in this chapter. I added some where I thought they fit. Not all the songs will be 5 Seconds Of Summer, I just have to find more that fit the chapters.)

Within a minute I was all packed up

All over magazines, all over social networks, everywhere. Headlines of what happened. 'Santo and Yn August Divorcing?' There were picture of me moving my stuff into the apartment, and leaving by myself. It's not even been a day yet.

I locked up the apartment and got in my car, ignoring all the paparazzi. All I heard were a lot of questions.

"What caused the divorce?"

"Is there a divorce?"

"Are you separated?"

"Did she kick you out?"

"Did you cheat?"

"Did she cheat?"

"What's going on?"

I ignored them and continued walking to my car. I closed my door and buckled up before speeding off. I drove to the house to pick up the kids, Yn was there. Of course she was there, you can't leave seven year olds to watch younger kids.

She sleeps alone

My heart wants to come home

"Hey." I said, breaking the silence.

"Hi." She whispered, looking down. I fought the urge to lift her chin up and kiss her. We're on a break, Santo. I kept repeating that in my head. I just don't like when she looks down, she's too beautiful for that.

"Kids, daddy's here!" She yelled after a few moments. I smiled as I heard what sounded like a heard of elephants coming downstairs. We have a lot of kids, but I love them.

I got on my eyes so I was closer to eye level. They all jumped on me at once, making my fall backwards. I just laughed and wrapped my arms tightly around them.

"I missed you guys so much." I told them.

"We missed you too!" They all yelled. Not in unison, but almost.

"You guys go get your bags." I instructed. They were staying the night with me. They all jumped up and ran to get their stuff.

I heard Yn sniffle quietly and I walked over to her. "Don't cry, Yn. This is only temporary." I whispered, bringing her into a tight hug.

"I miss you, Chres. I'm sorry." She apologized.

"I know, ba-Yn." I cut myself off before I called her 'baby.' That wouldn't help the situation. "But we need this. We both need to clear our heads. Us staying together right now is making you miserable, the kids miserable and that makes me miserable. It's just temporary."

I made a promise that I'll come home soon

Bring me back, bring me back to you

"How long?" She asked, sniffling.

"At least a week. We need to clear our heads, and that's enough time to do that. If you decided you want longer, I'll wait." I told her.

"That's too long, baby, please come home. I can't do this without you."

I wish I was, I wish I was beside you

She lies awake

I'm trying to find the words to say

I wish I was, I wish I was beside you