Forty-Nine

Kira

A relaxed smile spread across my face and pleasure washed over me as D'Angelo addressed the issue at hand. It was a relief to finally feel valued and protected, a warmth spreading throughout my chest.

Despite my contentment, I longed for him to mark me, but his caring gesture made me feel cherished. I felt fortunate that our paths had crossed, even though there were risks involved. His presence made me feel secure.

D'Angelo stole a glance at me and he winked secretly with smug delight. It was clear that he was doing all of this for me.

With a devilish smirk, D'Angelo's gaze met mine again, and a silent understanding passed between us. It felt like we were alone in the room, my heart racing at the intensity of his stare. I forced myself to avert my gaze before someone saw us.

"Gather all the students and teachers in the main hall downstairs," I heard him command the principal.

The principal hesitated, scratching the back of his head. "But some students are in class…"

D'Angelo's interruption was swift and sharp, his eyes bulging with anger. “Any time I tell you to do something and you counter me, you'll lose more than your job. You'll lose your professional certificate. Do you understand?"

The principal froze, his face flushing with embarrassment. "My apologies. I'll do as you say, Alpha.”

Thu announcement blared through the megaphone and the school corridors came alive with activity. Students poured out of their classrooms, heading downstairs to the main hall.

I felt super embarrassed when I rose to leave and my body brushed against D'Angelo's intentionally. I hoped no one had noticed the intimate gesture.

The buzz of excitement filled the air as news of D'Angelo's presence spread. He seemed well-liked by the students, and everyone was talking about him.

I made my way towards the main hall, a multipurpose-designed hall. Beside me, a girl chattered excitedly to her friend about D'Angelo.

"He's my crush, you know. He has dreamy eyes. I wish he'd notice me."

I felt stupidly jealous at her words.

“You whore, he's engaged to Alexis,” her friend gave her a playful shove.

"It's just wishful thinking. Don't ruin my fantasy," the girl retorted, wagging a finger at her friend.

D'Angelo entered the hall, walking with class and making his way towards the podium. My gaze lingered on him, unable to tear away. It was surreal to see him there, commanding the attention of the entire hall. A blush crept from my neck to my face as I watched, feeling proud knowing he was mine.

From the sidelines, I observed the infatuated girls and rolled my eyes at their fanatical behavior, though a part of me couldn't blame them.

I was their ring leader in this case.

The scouts, with their celebratory dances and chants, added to the rowdy atmosphere, making it clear just how much he was admired.

D'Angelo stood tall on the stage, his presence filled the room, silencing the chatter and commanding attention.

I smiled when he lifted his hands to calm the crowd, his broad smile infectious. "Good morning, everyone. Can we pipe it down a bit?"

The noise gradually subsided, though there were still some fangirls at the back, unable to contain their excitement.

"I know you're all curious about why I've gathered you here today. It's about something very serious," he began, his voice commanding attention.

Silence fell over the hall as everyone listened intently.