THIRTY

Kira

It was shocking, to say the least, when the alpha first kissed me. How did we get from his initial outrage upon learning that we were mates to his current passionate, uncontrollably intense kisses?

I felt a shiver run down my spine and an odd thrill and hunger filled my body. My rational side told me that this was dangerous and wrong, very wrong.

I could never be any better than D'Angelo's girlfriend. Besides her grace and beauty, she was intelligent, qualified for Luna, and had good blood. For me to compare myself to her, or to hope that D'angelo would leave her for me, would be a foolish thing.

As my mother would say, "Only idiots cannot think clearly." D'Angelo was my mate but it ended there.

I kissed him back, though, and damned the consequences at that very moment. His kiss was like a drug—it was so addicting. His arms encircled me as I was filled with the taste of coffee and sugar.

He drew me up against his chest. The way he made me feel alive was incredible, almost too good to be true. It was like everything I had been denied my entire life was suddenly back for a split second.

My entire body tingled with pleasure at the prospect of having this attractive man all to myself; it felt like I was floating on clouds in a dream, with everything around me whirling.

My lips were ravishingly covered by the alpha's warm, moist lips. My lips have always been one of my best features, but I always thought I was being vain. With the way he was kissing me, it must be true.

He forced me to straddle him by lifting my legs. My body was filled with the bond's cruel sensation. I could almost taste it. It was scary because all I have ever done in my life was chaste kisses with Zion.

This one was so intense, feverish, and hungry. His free hand sent shockwaves of sensation throughout my body, running up and down my spine and over my shoulder blades.

My legs instinctively wrapped around his waist, embracing him tightly as he effortlessly lifted me and pressed against my exposed skin. He pulled away from me for long seconds before returning to kiss me again, hard.

The pressure made my head swim. He nibbled on my lips gently, prolonging the pleasure as much as possible, and I felt a wave of euphoria crash over me.

When he finally released my mouth, he rested our foreheads together. Breathing heavily, we simply looked into each other's eyes. I had to summon all my strength not to melt into him.

We were standing under the tree when his dreamy eyes met mine.

I was embarrassingly damp between my thighs aching and ready for release.

"Your intimate scent is divine."

My cheeks became hot. He laughed as I stammered, "Okay, that is weird."

I was trying so hard to calm my racing heartbeat that my heart started hammering violently against my ribs.

"Do you feel ashamed that I acknowledged your smell? By the moon goddess, I'd kill to scent this for the rest of my life.”

"I... I have to head back," I blurted. "The lady is waiting for me upstairs."

D'Angelo didn't say anything, but his actions spoke for him. I felt his fingers pressing against mine, imprisoning me.

I looked from his face to our linked fingers. "Alpha, this is risky." You cannot kiss me in broad daylight."

"I can't help it," he said without any trace of arrogance in his voice. I wanted to keep kissing him so badly if only he knew. But it would be completely stupid of me to tell him.

"Can I please head back upstairs? I don't want any issues with her. It's my first day at work."

"One more, please."

He leaned forward to kiss me, but before I shut my eyes, I saw a figure in the corner and pulled away immediately, my heart banging in my chest. Someone had seen us.

Icy fear twisted around my heart, and my stomach clenched tight.

"What's wrong?" He gave me a serious look.

I pointed toward the hedges and said, "Someone is there," in a tiny, scared voice before scurrying to grab the bowl of apples.

I was so disturbed, and it showed in my movements and actions. I was paralyzed with fear, and the mere thought of the issues this might raise broke me to the core.

"Relax, I'll handle it."

He moved over to the bushes, and sure enough, someone was coming over to him. She was chubby and looked very rich, wearing a pristine white dress with glittery gemstones adorned in it. She also wore a white fur scarf and accessorized her hair with a golden hairpin.

“I was just about to head to your office to let you know that my spa and wellness center is completed. All that's left is your signature for us to begin operations."

My fear dwindled a bit; it didn't seem like she saw us kissing, but she lost proximity.

"Oh, that's great!" D'Angelo clapped. "Did you need my permission for that? your husband, Leo, is in charge of that.”

"That is right," she laughed. I could tell that the alpha was disturbed but was trying to suppress it.

What happiness did I now have in this relationship where we would always hide like bunnies and never be able to express ourselves? A bond of secrecy and lies. I would not even wish that upon my enemy.

My stomach knotted, feeling helpless and bombarding my mind with negative self-talk as my heart felt like it was narrowing. I decided to go in the opposite direction and leave as soon as I could while they were speaking.

Back upstairs, the alpha's lady wasn't in her room. With a sigh of relief, I waited for more instructions by hanging around the common area.

I was so bored that I got restless and hungry. I decided to go back to the Omega house to get some snacks for myself.

I heard strange noises, like someone gagging on something, as I was making my way to my room. Ignoring it at first, I went to see if I could help when I heard it again; maybe the person was stuck on a bone.

I opened the door, and shock hit me like a fist under my ribs when I saw Amari on her knees, taking Zion's cock into her mouth and bobbing her head up and down.

They both froze, staring at me wordlessly across the room while my heart pounded away.